Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 08:33 AM

110 posts, read 218,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
Does anyone in the building have internet only without a bundle. In my current place I have a internet only plan for $39.99. When I called verizon I was told fios was only available and the cheapest plan was around $74.99.

Thanks
I have TWC $14.99 internet and it works just fine! That and the "starter tv" which just gives me the basic channels. My bill is around $40/month. Google TWC 14.99 internet..they won't mention it, you'll have to ask for it, but it exists!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 08:51 AM

142 posts, read 198,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDNYC View Post
I have TWC $14.99 internet and it works just fine! That and the "starter tv" which just gives me the basic channels. My bill is around $40/month. Google TWC 14.99 internet..they won't mention it, you'll have to ask for it, but it exists!
Thank you very much. I just got off the phone with verizon and the lowest price now is $57.87 for fios only. That is the price with tax included.

I will look into TWC and the starter TV. Did you transfer that as an existing account or is that a new rate. Something in the $40 range is what I would like to do.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewCitizen111 View Post
I have Verizon Fios for $39.99 here at commons. Really fast!
Thank you very much! I called verizon twice and have been give the cheapest price of $74.99 double play or $57.87 with tax included for fios only.

With the $39.99 rate do you supply your own router? I think your rate is available it is just talking to the correct person to look for it when I call.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:41 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,338 times
Quote:
Thank you very much. I just got off the phone with verizon and the lowest price now is $57.87 for fios only. That is the price with tax included.

I will look into TWC and the starter TV. Did you transfer that as an existing account or is that a new rate. Something in the $40 range is what I would like to do.
It's a good thing you didn't do business with Verizon Fios...They make directv customer service look like innocent angels... They sell you a dream and never intend on staying true to what they promised you. Ever since I've signed up for the new Fios plan, it's been nothing but problems from them with adjustments to my bill. The one good thing I can say is that due to the documentation and the fact that I would catch CS rep after CS rep in a lie, they gave me an insane two year discount for the extreme package... We'll see how long this lasts though, they'll probably remove channels one by one to make up for their own mistakes...

Old 10-23-2015, 09:44 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,338 times
Quote:
Thank you very much! I called Verizon twice and have been give the cheapest price of $74.99 double play or $57.87 with tax included for fios only.

With the $39.99 rate do you supply your own router? I think your rate is available it is just talking to the correct person to look for it when I call.
No way on Earth is it really fast on a $39.99 a month plan unless it's only internet that you're paying for and even then I'd be skeptical... We have there 50/50 Mbps and that internet speed that they swear up and down is faster than light speed is almost on par with AOL broadband... It's slower than anything we've had over the last 5-7 years easily...

Old 10-23-2015, 10:02 AM

3 posts, read 3,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDNYC View Post
I used A Moveable Feat and they were WAY cheaper than any other place I got a quote from. A Moveable Feat - Movers - Red Hook - Brooklyn, NY - Reviews - Photos - Menu - Yelp
Thanks for the info! I will definitely be checking them out! :-)

Old 10-23-2015, 10:26 AM

15 posts, read 24,106 times
Yes, I got a fiOs deal without bundle (2yr contract) for $65/mo after taxes and fees.
The $39.99 internet the building offers can be really slow for streaming since its a shared network!

Old 10-23-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHippo25 View Post
Yes, I got a fiOs deal without bundle (2yr contract) for $65/mo after taxes and fees.
The $39.99 internet the building offers can be really slow for streaming since its a shared network!
Thank you for listing your price. Is the fios box large?

Old 10-23-2015, 11:02 AM

Has anyone used one of these for local TV stations. http://www.amazon.com/Mohu-Leaf-Pape.../dp/B00HSMK580.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:03 AM

110 posts, read 218,702 times
Quote:

I transferred my account from my old apartment. Same prices are still available on the site though so should still be valid. Don't take no for an answer - they will probably try telling you it's not available or some BS but ask for a supervisor if you have it. It IS available still, I am proof! haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery