Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 04:46 PM

30 posts, read 42,849 times

Advertisements

Video about the affordable, but luxurious design of HPS, from HPS Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/15183252117...1303248450857/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 08:44 PM

466 posts, read 901,764 times
I got conditionally approved for a studio apartment.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:00 PM

13 posts, read 18,781 times
did you get a communication from them asking for any info yet. I just got my email today telling me to come for my interview on Monday and my LA said there werent any 2 bedrooms left. I qualify for a one bedroom and I think there are only a very few left of those.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:15 AM

99 posts, read 232,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotia1 View Post
did you get a communication from them asking for any info yet. I just got my email today telling me to come for my interview on Monday and my LA said there werent any 2 bedrooms left. I qualify for a one bedroom and I think there are only a very few left of those.
Mod or Low income? The inventory depends on the income levels

Old 09-18-2015, 06:59 AM

63 posts, read 110,562 times
Moved in yesterday!!!!

This place is beautiful and the staff is amazing. Very helpful, kind and accommodating. They gave me the most wonderful "welcome home" day.

The process is long and requires a large dose of patience, which combined with the suspense, makes for good ninja training. But every person I met from Related, has been fantastic.

Hang in there those who are waiting!

Old 09-18-2015, 08:13 AM

30 posts, read 42,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
I got conditionally approved for a studio apartment.
Congratulations!! You're almost home...

Old 09-18-2015, 08:20 AM

110 posts, read 218,702 times
I'm moving in tomorrow...soooo excited!!! I still have my other apartment for like 3 weeks, so taking my time to move everything over to the new place! I decided to get mostly new furniture and sell all my other stuff. No more ikea allowed in my apartment!!

My timeline...
I was called towards the end of July to come for an interview. I went to the office and looked at a few models the first week of August. I was told I was approved, and at that point and they were just waiting for my log # to come up to be offered an apartment. (I'm mid-income, qualified for any of the mid-income studios and a few of the 1brs, log # was just over 14K and I had no CB prefs). I was sent units 2 choose from on 8/25 (was given a choice between 2 nice studios, one in each building, high floors, and both at the $1997 price range). I chose the one in Commons even though I reallly didn't want to pay that price. At the time I was told that range was all that was left. I followed up a week later to see if there were any of the lower priced studios available by chance. Got really lucky and was able to get a nice $1560 studio on the 2nd floor instead. Not a great view, but I don't even care! I was a little bummed about the view and being on a low floor at first, but after thinking about it, I'm really happy that I don't have to wait for the elevator and can just take the stairs. I would imagine the elevators will get pretty crowded at peak times.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:06 AM

70 posts, read 102,646 times
congrats kelly always good to hear that people managed to get in....... i will be moving in on tuesday

Old 09-18-2015, 09:48 AM

466 posts, read 901,764 times
Anyone have good pictures of the studios? I've seen a few but I would like to see more.

I should be able to interview next week so I'll see my options soon enough, but it's hard to be patient!

Old 09-18-2015, 12:21 PM

70 posts, read 102,646 times
i have pics how can i show it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery