Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2016, 12:02 PM

288 posts, read 469,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Or you could get beaten close to death, get HIV blood/****/**** thrown in your face, stabbed, slashed etc etc and be disabled and not get DSNY at all. As well as getting jammed up big time in your scenario or worse.

Sorry for the reality check, but you have just chosen the worst possible job this city has to offer. The risks you just signed up for aren't worth ****. But that's just me, and I'm the last guy that runs from anything. **** that job.

To answer your original question, yea your ****ed. Don't risk DSNY for anything. Your main problem now is its in your head. You hesitate for one second at DOC because in your mind now when sh*t happens "should I shouldn't I" and it's life or death.

Not wishing any of this on you, but some of you need a big time reality check when it comes to DOC. There is a reason overtime is always available, there is nothing normal about that job.
Thanks for the heads up. Just the lawsuit was my big concern. On the bright note I just got called for an interview for nyc department of transportation for highway repair assistance so definitely making that switch until dsny calls.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:25 PM

54 posts, read 73,960 times
Hey guys, I have done: medical, cdl training and I guess I'm just waiting for them to call?
I heard they have been having a hard time getting qualified people. At my road test, only 2 of us passed. 6 failed. I can't believe so many people are failing.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:06 PM

101 posts, read 154,435 times
For knowledge. In this situation, how does dsny approach it, do they send that same sanman out again on the route or do they transfer him to a different garage to avoid any further confrontation with the theives for his safety. What if they keep the san worker there but he himself doesnt feel safe that he may be harmed in anyway? How is this situation approached?

Old 08-14-2016, 03:26 AM

84 posts, read 150,103 times
Unless the sanman makes a stink. Absolutely nothing happens. If he does make a stink. 1 of 2 things will happen. He can be detached to a different garage. Or he can request a days only hardship. I know this guy. He needs nights and likes his garage. So chances are nothing will happen. He can also go LODI for mental anguish for awhile

Old 08-14-2016, 05:37 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunz21z View Post
For knowledge. In this situation, how does dsny approach it, do they send that same sanman out again on the route or do they transfer him to a different garage to avoid any further confrontation with the theives for his safety. What if they keep the san worker there but he himself doesnt feel safe that he may be harmed in anyway? How is this situation approached?
He wasn't targeted right. So it shouldn't be an issue. Take some time off for stress

Old 08-14-2016, 06:06 AM

64 posts, read 80,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna3416 View Post
Hey guys, I have done: medical, cdl training and I guess I'm just waiting for them to call?
I heard they have been having a hard time getting qualified people. At my road test, only 2 of us passed. 6 failed. I can't believe so many people are failing.
If your number is under 1000, you have a chance for this year. If you have everything done, you just have to wait for the call. In 2-3 weeks they will start calling people for Sept class and that's it for this year. Good Luck.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:10 PM

54 posts, read 73,960 times
I am a few over 1,000. Hopefully they call in September.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:15 PM

193 posts, read 416,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunz21z View Post
As others have said, nothing will happen unless the guy pushes the issue. Transferring makes no sense because this kind of stuff can happen anywhere. A guy. Doing collection in one of the best queens neighborhoods was threatened with a knife in broad daylight, because he asked a guy to move his car. . It happens.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:30 PM

31 posts, read 64,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddygreen View Post
Ha. I just did the same research. I'm gonna go with the first one being that he said 48xx. There you have it folks... Full name... FYI this fool left his phone number on Twitter as well. Not that anyone wants to call him but sheesh... Talk about putting yourself out there... D*ck move after d*ck move sir venom
Does this millionaire work at Rainforest?? Maybe?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-flug-12466314

Old 08-14-2016, 05:13 PM

92 posts, read 123,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayer View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Just the lawsuit was my big concern. On the bright note I just got called for an interview for nyc department of transportation for highway repair assistance so definitely making that switch until dsny calls.
DOT is not a bad job at all. My dad supported 6 of us with the job, my uncle is actually the president and my brother just got on. The only flaw is the first 5 years you get furloughed for three months from december to march but you can collect unemployment.

Last edited by Mikiedeee; 08-14-2016 at 05:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City