Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 07:58 AM

779 posts, read 1,004,195 times

Advertisements

I pray all off duty officers and authority together carry at all times, please keep us safe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 08:38 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
They are just trying to capitalize on the moment and have everyone in a panic here. It is working. The terrorism is beyond the physical acts of violence.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:53 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
They are just trying to capitalize on the moment and have everyone in a panic here. It is working. The terrorism is beyond the physical acts of violence.
This is very true. Back in college I took a class that talked about terrorism and its history. People on here but also around the city think terrorism is a new phenomenon and only relates to Islam. Sad fact is that this is truly false. NYC has been a host of a few terror attacks from an imperial German sabotaging of a factory that produced arms for the British in NYC which was the largest explosion to ever occur in NYC history, sinking of a ship on the Hudson river by Nazi saboteurs and to recently the attacks on the world trade center. So far attacks on NYC have been infiltrated by people who come from the outside and not raised and grown from within. Throughout the world most terrorist acts are either performed by separatist, or ideologies of communism and extreme Islamism.

As for why folks are in panic mode. The attacks on Paris were designed to cause fear and physiological distress amongst residents who live major Western Cities such as London, NYC and DC, especially since DC, London and NYC are the major dominate cities of the Western World, DC politics and London NYC for finance. And to be honest. It seems to be working, because people are pointing fingers at politicians who want to capitalize on this, pointing fingers at immigration, pointing fingers at Muslims as scape goats and etc. This type of fear also happened during the Cold War when Americans feared communism and communist amongst us, people were actually executed for being Communist.

Why the attacks happened in Paris? The French created the breathing grounds for folks to become radicalized, brain washed into becoming Islamic Jihadist. The immigrants who come from French West Africa, North Africa and the Middle East are alienated, marginalized in communities that are outside of Paris. Folks do not have job prospects, coupled with France high rate of unemployment mainly for youths and young adults, high cost of living, taxes, inequality and poor economics are the leading cause for those who lead the attacks to become Jihadist. The French are equally responsible for letting home grown Islamism rise in their communities. The French need to look in the mirror and say hey we need to eliminate inequality, eliminate public segregation, because if they don't do this, other folks will become fascists and some will support communist movements which both will regain strength again. And we don't want communist and fascist to start killing and murdering Jews again. In years ahead, sociologists from around the world will use these attacks and show how inequality, marginalization can lead to terrorism.

The French need to do the following things, mainly the EU. Stop open border policy. France needs to eliminate the ghetto suburbs, or try their best to link them to Paris economically, along with giving migrants and Muslims greater religious expression in the public. France also needs to do something about its unemployment problem with youths. Again if France don't make changes, these attacks will become a bigger problem years ahead not for French Muslims, but for all of France and its people regardless of ideology. I know NSA is probably reading this, but hey I speak the truth and examples of this exist in history like in reactionist Imperial Russia and post Imperial Germany.

As New Yorkers we must remain vigilant and carry on with our day to day activities especially since holiday times are here. All I can hope for is peace, love and goodwill to all during these dark times ahead. Not only from Isis, but looming confrontation with Russia and China which is far more worrisome. Isis may have explosive-vest, but China and Russia has nukes.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 11-19-2015 at 10:05 AM..

Old 11-19-2015, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 566 times
They told Herald Square ... Pretty scary) I am there 3 times a week at least)

Old 11-19-2015, 10:09 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
God Bless NYC, you guys are going to need it.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:38 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Looking out my window I don't see any difference from normal. The streets are crowded as are the offices. Cautious, aware, more alert - no doubt.

Panic? No.

The IRA bombed London for years. Things just carried on as normal with a few precautions like removing trashcans (which bombs had been put in) and making reinforced concrete bollards at certain points to prevent trucks loaded with explosives ramming into buildings.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:44 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Charlie sheen hiv announcement took away the fears of Paris attack this past week.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:07 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,337 times
Not surprising since NYC and DC are always top priority for terrorist. And also invading militaries if that going to ever happen.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:40 PM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
I've started carrying extra magazines, something I should have been doing anyway. I'm also considering discreet ways to carry a rifle to have more effective firepower readily available. Still working on that one...

Old 11-19-2015, 02:53 PM
dun

193 posts, read 226,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I've started carrying extra magazines, something I should have been doing anyway. I'm also considering discreet ways to carry a rifle to have more effective firepower readily available. Still working on that one...
omar from the wire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City