Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Marijuana Smoke on the Streets Becoming a Problem?
Yes 66 42.86%
No 88 57.14%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 09:33 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,581,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Nah pot makes rich people lazy and messed up too. You'd be surprised.

By the way I did not like the gin and juice comment either because popular music industry have long played a huge role in misleading masses of people about how cool drugs are.

I always liked Snoop Dogg and many other artists who spread the wrong messages to people but you have to realize they would not have been pro drug if it did not grow the audience for their music business. That includes Bob Marley too. Bob made statements about how important it is to start smoking at the earliest age possible, but look at him, not everybody is going to play the stoned reggae musician role in life. Most people in the world are not him and they are not living on some mountain of pot fields in Jamaica. They have to wake up and think straight and fit in with society.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'll post a line or two from an Irish pub drinking song next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 10:34 AM

34,114 posts, read 47,349,444 times
Quote:
Nah pot makes rich people lazy and messed up too. You'd be surprised.

By the way I did not like the gin and juice comment either because popular music industry have long played a huge role in misleading masses of people about how cool drugs are.

I always liked Snoop Dogg and many other artists who spread the wrong messages to people but you have to realize they would not have been pro drug if it did not grow the audience for their music business. That includes Bob Marley too. Bob made statements about how important it is to start smoking at the earliest age possible, but look at him, not everybody is going to play the stoned reggae musician role in life. Most people in the world are not him and they are not living on some mountain of pot fields in Jamaica. They have to wake up and think straight and fit in with society.
I can imagine Sunday dinners at your house

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-23-2019, 10:41 AM

1,121 posts, read 592,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I'll post a line or two from an Irish pub drinking song next time.
Tff. Whatever! That Snoop song promotes drinking and driving. How many dudes do you think imitated his music video?

Old 03-23-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I can imagine Sunday dinners at your house
Lol. Wanna come over tomorrow for din din? You bring the bud and I will show you how to smoke it kiddo.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:53 AM

34,114 posts, read 47,349,444 times
Quote:
Lol. Wanna come over tomorrow for din din? You bring the bud and I will show you how to smoke it kiddo.
I gave Reps.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-23-2019, 10:55 AM

I just have different values than most of the people at the forum but oh well.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:28 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,581,997 times
Quote:
Tff. Whatever! That Snoop song promotes drinking and driving. How many dudes do you think imitated his music video?
The same network showed to my generation Beavis and Butt-Head putting M-80s in the finger holes of a bowling ball and standing right next to it when they went off.

Beavis got hit in the nads. Huhuhuh huhuhuh that was cool

(But I didn't feel a need to actually go do that)

Old 03-23-2019, 11:30 AM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
I just have different values than most of the people at the forum but oh well.
Lol, how do you know what other people's "values" are, and what makes yours different?

Old 03-23-2019, 11:56 AM

Queen with all due respect many of you people are mere civilians in these matters. Consumers.

You notice how Snoop Dogg stopped with the derogatory language towards females? He even made public annoucements about it and apologize. Musicians are slicker about their business than you think. With the new height of feminism and Me Too, he would have gone broke if he kept up with that act. He will do the same exact thing if weed goes out of style.

Smoking weed is not as smart and safe as you think. But I am done with this topic.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:01 PM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
That's OK, because I'm totally lost as to what you're talking about.

Enjoy your day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City