Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 09:43 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I can't wait to see Trump defund NY for Sanctuary Cities. Lets see how that works out for you.
He's going to start paying us extra to compensate for the fact that NYC was a sanctuary city for his own wife, Melania Trump, who worked here illegally without a visa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 10:47 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondutch View Post
To bring 1700 radicalized muslims that Australia .
Guess you just made up the part about them being radicalized. Good job. It's always nice to be able to count on a certain level of complete inaccuracy in these threads. Makes it more entertaining.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:11 AM

19,529 posts, read 9,546,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I think he wanted to win the race because he's egotistical. I don't think he ever wanted the job, and in fact I think he was very surprised when he got saddled with it.

Being First Lady is also a demanding job and I don't think this First Lady had any intention of signing on for a demanding 4-year job either.
Come to think of it now, I would have found Bill Clinton role reversal, In the words of Star Trek's Spock "fascinating"

Old 11-23-2016, 03:44 AM

290 posts, read 366,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Come to think of it now, I would have found Bill Clinton role reversal, In the words of Star Trek's Spock "fascinating"
It would've been...except Hill said from the start (i.e. a year-plus ago) that Billy C. was gonna be put in charge of the economy again. Voters only paid attention to this in the very recent past, but she was saying it on the stump for months and months. He'd no more have been a First Dude than she was a traditional First Lady -- instead, it'd be The Clinton Years, Vol. 2, with a president and a co-president.

It's not even the first of its kind in the annals of U.S. Presidents. FDR and Eleanor did it decades before Hill and Bill, dating back to when both the Clintons were but a spark in their Mommy's and Daddy's eyes.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:35 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
This is funny if you think the only danger Trump faces is from local New Yorkers. Half the rest of the world hates him and/or fears the harm that he will cause to the USA and the world, which means he faces threats internationally. Check the news.

The answer is to force him to live in DC, where HIS JOB IS LOCATED and he already has accommodations set up for him. Yes, we'd be stuck with footing the bill til inauguration day in January but not after that. If he does what he's threatening to do, which is be in NY much of the time and have his family in NY all the time, we are going to be stuck with a YUGE bill for 4 years.
Global Markets would seem to disagree. Traders appear to be liking his policies, even though the bias economists didn't.

Britain already did their part. So did the Philippines. France is next with Marine Le Pen, and Germany next year. The World is fed up with how all the liberals care about are themselves, and their pockets.

You must be reading the same editorials as the rest of the minority.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:13 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Trump's election is the best thing that has happened to the USA. It was surprising that Americans are shrewd enough to shake the spell of the MSM. Americans should be proud of this. About time a brash New Yorker - especially an outerborough player- takes the helm. The only folks that don't like him are bankers / speculators and all the cultural choke points that they control. They control all the important cultural choke points.

Don't be fooled by their disinformation campaign, if middle America can't be fooled -they always get fooled- why would a New Yorker get played by the MSM and their relentless ad hominem on the man from Queens. We should support our hometown boy.
Dude you are getting played with your Soros conspiracy theories so you are as bad as the MSM...

Old 11-23-2016, 08:09 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Pull all police from Trump Tower.
Then the president-elect will either be forced to move into "the people's house" at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, D.C. or face New Yorkers directly when he wants to come and go from his NY pied a terre.

Problem solved.

Heck,
if some New Yorkers want to exercise their Second Amendment rights, that should make Trumpites happy.
I do not see why Mayor di Blasio should stand in their way.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:37 AM

8,696 posts, read 11,086,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
The Blaz is growing a backbone. I didn't like him as a mayor at first, but I am warming up now. Of course this all probably terrible politics and sucking, but oh well.
Have you forgotten Deblaz encouraged people of NYC to protest more? How many millions does that cost NYC? Biased CNN & NYT should focus on that cost as well

Old 11-23-2016, 08:39 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Pull all police from Trump Tower.
Then the president-elect will either be forced to move into "the people's house" at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, D.C. or face New Yorkers directly when he wants to come and go from his NY pied a terre.

Problem solved.

Heck,
if some New Yorkers want to exercise their Second Amendment rights, that should make Trumpites happy.
I do not see why Mayor di Blasio should stand in their way.
I'd take it a step further and pull all police out of Manhattan south of 110th street.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:50 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Have you forgotten Deblaz encouraged people of NYC to protest more? How many millions does that cost NYC? Biased CNN & NYT should focus on that cost as well

Good, now all he needs do is pull the police presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City