Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2016, 02:37 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,605,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Obama won b/c of the stupidity of the electorate.

Hope you're not still waiting for your per annum health insurance premiums to drop by $2,500!
How can my premiums drop by $2500??
I pay almost nothing now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 02:38 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,008,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
We cultural elite know that most Americans are dumb.
That's why they vote for someone like Trump.
Next time, we Democrats simply have to "appeal to the dumb".
If the "cultural elite" was so smart, they would not have failed so spectacularly against Trump. So you must be including the "cultural elite" in among the dumb Americans.

Enjoy the civil war in the Democratic party!

Bernie did appeal to working class voters, but many of his people voted independent or for Trump. An establishment Democrat will not win in 2020, as the public has grown tired of them.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
If the "cultural elite" was so smart, they would not have failed so spectacularly against Trump. So you must be including the "cultural elite" in among the dumb Americans.

Enjoy the civil war in the Democratic party!

Bernie did appeal to working class voters, but many of his people voted independent or for Trump. An establishment Democrat will not win in 2020, as the public has grown tired of them.
I really doubt that Bernie voters voted for Trump. (I voted for Bernie)
They are like the antithesis of each other!

Old 12-17-2016, 02:41 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,342,366 times
Quote:
We cultural elite know that most Americans are dumb.
That's why they vote for someone like Trump.
Next time, we Democrats simply have to "appeal to the dumb".
Democrats already appeal to the dumb. The entire party platform is based on two lies: 1) Wealthy people pay less than their fair share in taxes and 2) Every female and non-white male who is less successful than they would like is the victim of racism/homophobia/misogyny/Islamophobia and whatever other -ism is the cause celebre at that time. Many Democrats still believe 'Hands up, don't shoot' actually happened.

The cities with the largest populations of poor minorities have been run by progressive Democrats for decades, almost a century in some cases. Yet the only response is to hike taxes further or implement other barriers to economic growth such as an ever increasing minimum wage, more regulations, and labor laws that favor unions (who line the Democrats' campaign coffers). The states that are losing the most people to domestic migration are blue/progressive/high-tax states -- it's not by accident.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:44 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,342,366 times
Quote:
How can my premiums drop by $2500??
I pay almost nothing now.
If it's an employer-sponsored plan, most of the cost is paid directly by your employer. You're paying for it directly through a modest payroll deduction and indirectly through reduced wages.

And we're the idiots!

Old 12-17-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
If it's an employer-sponsored plan, most of the cost is paid directly by your employer. You're paying for it directly through a modest payroll deduction and indirectly through reduced wages.

And we're the idiots!
Yeah...you pretty much are.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:57 PM

983 posts, read 933,933 times
Quote:
Interesting that those extremely wealthy individuals just happen to be Jewish with identifiably Jewish last names...
So somebody who is part of a minority group should be able to be immune from criticism and anybody who doesn't approve of their unethical behavior MUST be doing it because they hate that minority group?

Old 12-17-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I really doubt that Bernie voters voted for Trump. (I voted for Bernie)
They are like the antithesis of each other!
Bernie won states like Michigan that went to Trump in the end.

Yes some Bernie supporters voted Trump. I voted for Bernie, and though I did not vote for Trump, I'm actually liking him so far.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Democrats already appeal to the dumb. The entire party platform is based on two lies: 1) Wealthy people pay less than their fair share in taxes and 2) Every female and non-white male who is less successful than they would like is the victim of racism/homophobia/misogyny/Islamophobia and whatever other -ism is the cause celebre at that time. Many Democrats still believe 'Hands up, don't shoot' actually happened.

The cities with the largest populations of poor minorities have been run by progressive Democrats for decades, almost a century in some cases. Yet the only response is to hike taxes further or implement other barriers to economic growth such as an ever increasing minimum wage, more regulations, and labor laws that favor unions (who line the Democrats' campaign coffers). The states that are losing the most people to domestic migration are blue/progressive/high-tax states -- it's not by accident.
And many of the people moving out of those states are minorities and the gay population too is moving out of SF, NYC, LA.

I agree that the excessive regulations hurt. The blue states wanted to block ride sharing and the sharing economy because these new business models hurt entrenched businesses. Only Uber and Lyft became so powerful/popular they had to make them legal. These states are withering in agony they can do nothing to Amazon or Google.

The blue states had a lot to lose in this election, as Trump supporters school vouchers/choice so as more people take vouchers to go to private schools, the public school system loses money and the administrators lose their jobs (there's too much bureaucracy anyway) and so do some public school teachers.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:04 PM

128 posts, read 174,381 times
Yeah they are definitely. At the same time, there aren't that many so it's not really a poblem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City