Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 05:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,308 times

Advertisements

hello
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 05:54 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedavid3030 View Post
hello
hello

Old 02-24-2017, 06:24 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
Too many non-paying babies and children riding for free these days so there's no room for adults, so those of whom are averse to that grostesque scene say screw it and make alternative plans, is another reason to add to the pile.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:25 PM

Also there's a HORRIBLE influx of corny seniors from the suburbs of everywhere who think they are worldly and cool all of a sudden after their crotchfruit have flown the nest moving into the city these days and they can't ride the subway because of decrepitude, yet they hog spots in our much needed housing (market and non-market).

Old 02-24-2017, 08:18 PM

37,152 posts, read 39,404,784 times
So is MTA actually catching up on its backlog of deferred maintenance? Is there some kind of quantifiable rate at which this is happening?

Old 02-24-2017, 08:23 PM

Doubt it. They seem to rely quite heavily on the lick and spit method of repair models.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:28 PM

Nothing good will ever come of our infrastructure anytime soon anyway. There's too many brains working at the same time, all with their own neuroses and terrible attitudes. Humans have totally lost the model of just getting.stuff.DONE just to get it done. Now everything has be approved by multiple agencies, heads, psychos, and neurotic idiots. I truly believe that as a species, us human beings, have fully exhausted the powers our prefrontal-cortexes because we freak out so much about every.little.tiny.detail and EVERYTHING has to be passable to appease everyone with zero offense. Remember when the Dinosaurs died out? I'm starting to think it had less to do with the ice age and more to do with neurotic behavior and power tripping. So glad I don't breed my DNA.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:59 AM

602 posts, read 1,263,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
So is MTA actually catching up on its backlog of deferred maintenance? Is there some kind of quantifiable rate at which this is happening?
Yeah, they quantify each weekend by line and work accomplished. Here is an example: mta.info | 4Line Work & Planned Service Changes

Old 02-25-2017, 09:01 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,076,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Nothing good will ever come of our infrastructure anytime soon anyway. There's too many brains working at the same time, all with their own neuroses and terrible attitudes. Humans have totally lost the model of just getting.stuff.DONE just to get it done. Now everything has be approved by multiple agencies, heads, psychos, and neurotic idiots. I truly believe that as a species, us human beings, have fully exhausted the powers our prefrontal-cortexes because we freak out so much about every.little.tiny.detail and EVERYTHING has to be passable to appease everyone with zero offense. Remember when the Dinosaurs died out? I'm starting to think it had less to do with the ice age and more to do with neurotic behavior and power tripping. So glad I don't breed my DNA.
While this isn't a New York exclusive, this isn't reflective of the whole world.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:05 PM

37,152 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaver View Post
Yeah, they quantify each weekend by line and work accomplished. Here is an example: mta.info | 4Line Work & Planned Service Changes
This is good. I wonder if there's a study on this versus rate of attrition for the infrastructure? Shouldn't there be a projected certain point for the different lines where FastTrack maintenance and weekend/weeknight re-routings and closings should become less and less frequent. Like, where is the projected light at the end of the subway tunnel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City