Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 07:58 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times

Advertisements

I usually get more traction over in Hoboken or Jersey City around Grove St. my theory is that half of them around there are really just Jersey girls who wanted to move closer to the city for work or whatever. But for whatever reason I've had better luck on the Jersey side. It's a little more laid back and you get a cleaner crowd without as much of the B&T ghetto garbage that floods into Manhattan on the weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 08:15 PM

92 posts, read 110,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I've seen plenty of men approach women. A lot of guys well flirt with women walking by.

Of course where alcohol and drugs are concerned
, no guy cares at all. Or for that matter woman. LOL
Right...I'm talking outside of 'condoned' places where drugs and alcohol are concerned. Those venues are seedy by nature. Of course you're going to find the most wretched hives of scum and villainry. Women complain men hit on them....where? I almost never see it. And how does anyone convey interest if you don't hit on them? We haven't evolved as a species to use telepathy. If anything, we've de-evolved and lost the use of pheromones. Our species has 0 ways in conveying interest other than verbalization and occasionally body language (which is sometimes way too subtle).

Old 06-21-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I don't know, after 7 years here I'm happy to be moving back to the Midwest. I want a man who appreciates me, doesn't look at me as an 'option'. I'm a human being, not a number on a Chinese takeout menu.
1) Where do you meet these 'men'?
2) Do you ever approach a man yourself?
3) What does 'appreciate' mean? Gifts? Going out to lavish affairs? Or simply want to know you as a human being?

I can tell you with certainty that I'm not like that 100%. Though, I've been considering similar to you (moving Upstate/Midwest for more down-to-earth people).

So either we're both meeting people in the wrong places, or one of us is wrong.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah68 View Post
Amen Sista I concur with you
Why do you concur? Did you read any of the other responses in the thread? At least try to retort...

Old 06-21-2017, 10:35 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozillameister View Post
Right...I'm talking outside of 'condoned' places where drugs and alcohol are concerned. Those venues are seedy by nature. Of course you're going to find the most wretched hives of scum and villainry. Women complain men hit on them....where? I almost never see it. And how does anyone convey interest if you don't hit on them? We haven't evolved as a species to use telepathy. If anything, we've de-evolved and lost the use of pheromones. Our species has 0 ways in conveying interest other than verbalization and occasionally body language (which is sometimes way too subtle).
You don't have to be in seedy places. I've had guys follow me, I've had guys try to get me to go into their cars with them, I've had older men who think they're going to be my sugar daddy, etc. Many women have experienced stuff like that and then they kind of get a bit standoffish.

If a guy just started having a normal conversation with me at a bar, I wouldn't be a jerk. I've given guys my number before I was in a LTR/married.

Practically everyone I know that I grew up with, born and raised here, is either married or in a LTR. When I read what you guys are writing, it isn't my reality.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:07 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,927,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I usually get more traction over in Hoboken or Jersey City around Grove St. my theory is that half of them around there are really just Jersey girls who wanted to move closer to the city for work or whatever. But for whatever reason I've had better luck on the Jersey side. It's a little more laid back and you get a cleaner crowd without as much of the B&T ghetto garbage that floods into Manhattan on the weekends.
Kind of exactly what they said about Downtown San Jose on weekends with classy crowds heading to Los Gatos and Campbell.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:08 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Several of these posts sound a bit like the Groucho Marx gag:
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

That is, "I don't want any of the men who are after me."

Old 06-23-2017, 09:12 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Kind of exactly what they said about Downtown San Jose on weekends with classy crowds heading to Los Gatos and Campbell.
Yeah. I agree with this. I went to a bar on Hoboken and some women stroke up a conversation with me. But I was not interested in any of them.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:03 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Several of these posts sound a bit like the Groucho Marx gag:
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

That is, "I don't want any of the men who are after me."
They say that, until they aren't after them any longer.

Half of us wouldn't even be here today if it weren't for some mild sexual harassment. At least by today's looney-tunes standards of what constitutes it. If you're ugly and annoying it's "harassment". If you're attractive it's "flirting." One of life's many hypocrisies.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:34 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Most Jersey girls I know rather work somewhere back home because they hate commuting into NYC and have to stand or sit next to unsavory people. Some NJ train lines are infested with unsavory riders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City