Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 04:26 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,038,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
IQ is heritable.

Whites have a much higher IQ than blacks or 'latinx' (that word cracks me up).

East Asians have a slightly higher IQ than whites.

The end.
Have you seen the forums at ancestry.com and 23andme.com? Most Latinos are actually half white and half Asian (native American) so by your theory Latinos should be super intellectuals - that is if you go by race.

Most African Americans are at least 30% white of British ancestry for your information.

So what other easily debunked dumb racial theory do you have up your sleeve?

I love to be entertained! Please do tell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 04:49 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
Maybe he isn't 12 anymore, but it's not like people who bully children (especially other children or teenagers who do it) don't exist anymore.
Bullies exist all over the nation and there is no evidence it's worse in urban areas than anywhere else. What happened to Bimbkenyz was terrible, but that doesn't justify him arguing others should be trapped in conditions he fought so hard to escape.

Bullying is unacceptable regardless!

Old 06-13-2017, 05:45 PM

415 posts, read 514,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Have you seen the forums at ancestry.com and 23andme.com? Most Latinos are actually half white and half Asian (native American) so by your theory Latinos should be super intellectuals - that is if you go by race.

Most African Americans are at least 30% white of British ancestry for your information.

So what other easily debunked dumb racial theory do you have up your sleeve?

I love to be entertained! Please do tell!
Actually, the average African-American is ~23% Caucasian. Ready for the cool part? The average African-American has a 23% higher IQ than their Sub-Saharan counterparts.

Ain't math and genetics fun?

Just to clarify: IQ isn't 100% heritable but is the single largest contributing factor.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:51 PM

983 posts, read 932,695 times
Quote:
Actually, the average African-American is ~23% Caucasian. Ready for the cool part? The average African-American has a 23% higher IQ than their Sub-Saharan counterparts.

Just to clarify: IQ isn't 100% heritable but is the single largest contributing factor.
[citation needed]

Old 06-13-2017, 06:17 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,490,737 times
Quote:

Jared Taylor, your theory is ridiculous, th average IQs of different groups change over time.

And that book "IQ and the Wealth of Nations" is garbage, partly because the figures it uses are often outdated, come from a small sample size, or are completely made up.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:34 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
Yes I did benefit. That's why I do agree with the universal free lunch thing. When they announced it for elementary school I was like man I thought it was only me growing up. And I was poor, all of my friends were poor, all of my friends' friends were poor and so where their parents. And I am 100% guilty for being selfish and wanting some socioeconomic separation. And maybe it's just me, but I suspect that it's not, that most people feel a bit entitled to living and having their kids go to school with people of similar socioeconomic status, though I place a bit less importance to the economic portion because I grew up poor myself. And I don't feel particular bad about it because I know that most people that do all the right things in crappy areas can get out eventually it's a way of paying your dues. I am okay with unzoned, but screened admissions which minimizes the academic performance impact. Why else would I or anyone else pay bigger bucks to live in a certain area. So yes I am guilty of being selfish. Maybe I should have just listened to others and brought a house in the suburbs, but I wanted to stay within NYC and thought that I was entitled to a good neighborhood and good schools, and have a community feel that is so rare in NYC because I was willing to pay the going rate for a house that had the attributes I was looking for. The whole thing is an unnecessary headache not that you'll understand because you don't have skin in the game. I should have just listened to others in all the work places that I've been to, shut myself up, and wall in myself with others in the suburbs. I admit to defeat and being wrong so next time I'll just follow the herd with stuff like this.
Wanting socioeconomic separation even if it harms people and helps create the conditions that damaged you as a child? I doubt all those friends and friends are well off, what happens to them and their children? Having a house in the suburbs doesn't shield you or your children from all problems in life. Nationally overdoses are leading cause of death of people under 50.
Overdoses now leading cause of death of Americans under 50 - CBS News

You need to move on beyond what happened in your childhood and realize there are certainly problems around the nation as a whole.

But back to the moving out of crappy areas, that's the problem perhaps with you and your family. Your family came to the US in search of a better life and you left your neighborhood in search of a better life. The problem is when it comes to sheer numbers MOST people won't be able to do that. Ultimately conditions have to be improved where people live. Moving away is not always the answer. I'm not saying you have to live in a place where you don't want to, but just because you move away doesn't mean that those problems aren't there and they have to be dealt with one way or another at some point by someone.

Trying to trap people back in the same conditions in the old neighborhood goes far beyond being selfish. It's just awful man. Don't be that guy.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:44 PM

977 posts, read 1,012,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Jared Taylor, your theory is ridiculous, th average IQs of different groups change over time.

And that book "IQ and the Wealth of Nations" is garbage, partly because the figures it uses are often outdated, come from a small sample size, or are completely made up.
Or they don't fit with you're beliefs?

Old 06-14-2017, 01:34 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,490,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Or they don't fit with you're beliefs?
No, it's simply BS. What I said about that book is true.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:33 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,320,015 times
According to the DOE website, Asians are the smartest, followed by whites. Then Hispanics, and then blacks. The disparity between whites and Hispanics is far too wide of a gap. Politicians need to be held accountable. They've become so ingrained in every aspect of our daily lives that they've forgotten one of the most basic necessities.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:28 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,049,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Bullies exist all over the nation and there is no evidence it's worse in urban areas than anywhere else. What happened to Bimbkenyz was terrible, but that doesn't justify him arguing others should be trapped in conditions he fought so hard to escape.

Bullying is unacceptable regardless!
I never saw it as bullying because I never saw it as targeted specifically at me and me only. It happened to a lot of people. I mean is getting catcalled bullying? Maybe for some, but I just see it as the way things are and it's related to a whole host of bad behavior. I'm just trying to highlight the stupid that went on and the behavior issues at large. Dont deny that this stuff isnt related to bad school results. I see that it goes hand in hand. For a lot of people being poor leads to bad behavior which leads to poor schools. Being poor in itself, unless it prevents you from going to school, doesn't directly cause bad schools. Having no money has nothing to do with not being able to add or subtract numbers, but not giving a cr*p is certainly related.

Stupid crap like this was probably so common, but now things are being recording. Gotta get my laughs in today:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inqui...fractures/amp/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City