Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 09:07 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
I didn't buy crap, I was a 12 year old that wasn't given back my change. What the heck was I supposed to do punch the store owner with the hoodlum next to me that commande d him to do That? Seriously who's the pus*y the 40 year old store owner, the 17 year old hoodlum or the 12 year old Asian kid? I guess going to an AN IVY as a diversity candidate says it all. If you're putting the blame on a 12 year old you have serious issues.
No, I'm putting the blame on the Asian adult who won't stop living in the past. As for me being a diversity candidate, no, I'm an alumnus and my diplomas say nothing about diversity. Too bad you don't have a worthwhile diploma and all you can do is sulk in perpetual misery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 09:14 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,049,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
No, I'm putting the blame on the Asian adult who won't stop living in the past. As for me being a diversity candidate, no, I'm an alumnus and my diplomas say nothing about diversity. Too bad you don't have a worthwhile diploma and all you can do is sulk in perpetual misery.
Im sorry that i cant describe what i saw and experienced more to your liking. Again this is a public forum and if you can't take the real heat block me. My memories of what went on is totally relevant because apparently unless you heard otherwise the education gap has become very apparent. Damn liberal elitist who can't deal with it when others refute what they believe in.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 06-13-2017 at 09:23 AM..

Old 06-13-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Ignore all you can and if it makes you happy fine I was an exception somehow or I'm making all this stuff up or just read about it somewhere and just wanted to disparage people even though I never experienced it myself. Also I don't whine or talk about any of these things. It's just that this is a public forum where peopla always whine and I just want to share my 2 cents especially when dumb liberal newspapers do all the whining for underperforming minorities when I saw many of the things wrong with it and is largely self caused. To repeat nobody including me ever talks about these things. We all understand that in the bigger scheme of things it means jack s*it. And I don't hate these minorities. I'm actually happy when I see a black person in the office and I will not raise my kids to purposely shunn anyone because of their race since I saw first hand why that was dumb. But it doesn't mean I don't hate the hood culture and I will not lie and sugar coat how people behave just to make people like you happier. And once again as a parent I do not want the hood culture forced down my throat. And if anyone of any color wants to live near me they can go buy or rent something. And if it's all fine in ghetto land why are politicians from these areas constantly whining about how this and that is unfair.
So was it self caused that you have to live in an area were you were bullied? You want to say other people's problems were self caused (talk about the lack of empathy), so why not apply that to yourself? You blame their parents for giving birth to them in a poor neighborhood, why not blame your own parents for apparently not being able to better?

Clearly Asian immigrants aren't doing so well financially, especially if they are limited by poor English skills. Of course there are wealthy, well educated Asians who come to the US and get in top universities and have fantastic careers. Quite clearly your family did not and still does not belong to that category, and they are far more "ghetto" than you want to admit. There's a huge social service sector of the city that deals with poorly educated immigrants with poor English language skills.

For the record, I'm not attacking immigrants. I've worked in education DEALING with immigrants. But to imply that there aren't serious issues with poverty among many (but not all) immigrants populations is ludricrous. And the immigrants who tend to do well tend to be people who came with money and good educations to begin with. I'm not saying that people can't work their way up, because of course people across the board whether immigrant or native do. It's just going to be easier for some people than others, and anyone who works in education can realize family background is certainly a factor in probability of student success, and there are other factors as well.

But back to the "ghetto" just as you didn't like stigmatized or being dumped in the ghetto, neither do other people! You barely escaped the ghetto yourself and you want to trap people there, all because you felt victimized and I do this injured your concept of masculinity for yourself and made you feel powerless. So you can rant and whine as an internet gangster, but I bet you would never say this stuff to people's faces. Talk about cowardice. I've certainly disagreed with Airborneguy and Seventhfloor, but at least they would tell me and anyone else to their faces what they thought.

My issue isn't really what happened to you when you were 12, your actions here really show you haven't changed and that's responsible for the things you say.

And don't even go there about hiding behind being Asian, I would be critical of cowardice in any race or demographic. I've known many strong, brave Asians, just as I have known many brave people of all races.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
So was it self caused that you have to live in an area were you were bullied? You want to say other people's problems were self caused (talk about the lack of empathy), so why not apply that to yourself? You blame their parents for giving birth to them in a poor neighborhood, why not blame your own parents for apparently not being able to better?

Clearly Asian immigrants aren't doing so well financially, especially if they are limited by poor English skills. Of course there are wealthy, well educated Asians who come to the US and get in top universities and have fantastic careers. Quite clearly your family did not and still does not belong to that category, and they are far more "ghetto" than you want to admit. There's a huge social service sector of the city that deals with poorly educated immigrants with poor English language skills.

For the record, I'm not attacking immigrants. I've worked in education DEALING with immigrants. But to imply that there aren't serious issues with poverty among many (but not all) immigrants populations is ludricrous. And the immigrants who tend to do well tend to be people who came with money and good educations to begin with. I'm not saying that people can't work their way up, because of course people across the board whether immigrant or native do. It's just going to be easier for some people than others, and anyone who works in education can realize family background is certainly a factor in probability of student success, and there are other factors as well.

But back to the "ghetto" just as you didn't like stigmatized or being dumped in the ghetto, neither do other people! You barely escaped the ghetto yourself and you want to trap people there, all because you felt victimized and I do this injured your concept of masculinity for yourself and made you feel powerless. So you can rant and whine as an internet gangster, but I bet you would never say this stuff to people's faces. Talk about cowardice. I've certainly disagreed with Airborneguy and Seventhfloor, but at least they would tell me and anyone else to their faces what they thought.

My issue isn't really what happened to you when you were 12, your actions here really show you haven't changed and that's responsible for the things you say.

And don't even go there about hiding behind being Asian, I would be critical of cowardice in any race or demographic. I've known many strong, brave Asians, just as I have known many brave people of all races.
I know many Asians are poor all, many of my friends that "made" it are a bit proud that we did make it and many don't make it. I admit that i use to be ashamed of that growing up so much so that I starved myself because i was ashamed of showing our low income on the lunch form to the teacher so I know all the issues because I've lived it, but now who cares? You can call me and my family poor and lower class all day all night. And if I even have any feelings about that then I'll channel it to make myself do better.

And lol you can't take it can you? Most people hide behind closed doors and you don't know what they think. It's just that I happen to be on this forum and giving my two cents. Go on living your life and pretend that everyone has thoughts of green grassy meadows where everyone lives in harmony. Geeezzzz I'll make sure to agree with you next time okay? Don't have a cow dude. This is just a stupid forum and all of us have our own unique experiences and thoughts and it's apparent that we will all stick to that.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I know many Asians are poor all, many of my friends that "made" it are a bit proud that we did make it and many don't make it. I admit that i use to be ashamed of that growing up so much so that I starved myself because i was ashamed of showing our low income on the lunch form to the teacher so I know all the issues because I've lived it, but now who cares? You can call me and my family poor and lower class all day all night. And if I even have any feelings about that then I'll channel it to make myself do better.

And lol you can't take it can you? Most people hide behind closed doors and you don't know what they think. It's just that I happen to be on this forum and giving my two cents. Go on living your life and pretend that everyone has thoughts of green grassy meadows where everyone lives in harmony. Geeezzzz I'll make sure to agree with you next time okay? Don't have a cow dude. This is just a stupid forum and all of us have our own unique experiences and thoughts and it's apparent that we will all stick to that.
When did I claim everyone thinks of green grass meadows? I said no such thing.

I did accuse you of cowardice, because the stuff you're saying here we know you would never say in the "ghetto". You couldn't stand up to them then, what's different about now? Online you're anonymous so you can say whatever without fear of retaliation. I do think that a certain segment of people here have little going on for them, and it's reflected in their posts where are always angry and bitter.

And by your own admission, your family was hardly any different from the "ghetto" people. Clearly they were just as poor. You benefited from the low income lunch program, and probably other programs.

As for who cares, you care, or else you would be able to let all that stuff from your childhood go.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
When did I claim everyone thinks of green grass meadows? I said no such thing.

I did accuse you of cowardice, because the stuff you're saying here we know you would never say in the "ghetto". You couldn't stand up to them then, what's different about now? Online you're anonymous so you can say whatever without fear of retaliation. I do think that a certain segment of people here have little going on for them, and it's reflected in their posts where are always angry and bitter.

And by your own admission, your family was hardly any different from the "ghetto" people. Clearly they were just as poor. You benefited from the low income lunch program, and probably other programs.

As for who cares, you care, or else you would be able to let all that stuff from your childhood go.
Yes I did benefit. That's why I do agree with the universal free lunch thing. When they announced it for elementary school I was like man I thought it was only me growing up. And I was poor, all of my friends were poor, all of my friends' friends were poor and so where their parents. And I am 100% guilty for being selfish and wanting some socioeconomic separation. And maybe it's just me, but I suspect that it's not, that most people feel a bit entitled to living and having their kids go to school with people of similar socioeconomic status, though I place a bit less importance to the economic portion because I grew up poor myself. And I don't feel particular bad about it because I know that most people that do all the right things in crappy areas can get out eventually it's a way of paying your dues. I am okay with unzoned, but screened admissions which minimizes the academic performance impact. Why else would I or anyone else pay bigger bucks to live in a certain area. So yes I am guilty of being selfish. Maybe I should have just listened to others and brought a house in the suburbs, but I wanted to stay within NYC and thought that I was entitled to a good neighborhood and good schools, and have a community feel that is so rare in NYC because I was willing to pay the going rate for a house that had the attributes I was looking for. The whole thing is an unnecessary headache not that you'll understand because you don't have skin in the game. I should have just listened to others in all the work places that I've been to, shut myself up, and wall in myself with others in the suburbs. I admit to defeat and being wrong so next time I'll just follow the herd with stuff like this.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 06-13-2017 at 10:53 AM..

Old 06-13-2017, 11:50 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Good dialogue guys......get it all out.......

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-13-2017, 12:47 PM

983 posts, read 932,695 times
Maybe he isn't 12 anymore, but it's not like people who bully children (especially other children or teenagers who do it) don't exist anymore.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:52 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,320,015 times
There is no way NyWriterdude didn't get bullied in grade school. Who here wouldn't want to give him a wedgie.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:16 PM

415 posts, read 514,624 times
IQ is heritable.

Whites have a much higher IQ than blacks or 'latinx' (that word cracks me up).

East Asians have a slightly higher IQ than whites.

The end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City