Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 08:19 PM

132 posts, read 252,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weip2k View Post
11xx no cb prefs..hmm - has anyone been called for interviews yet?
I went to an interview appointment last week with all the documents and a money order for the credit check but chose not to go through with the interview when the interviewer informed me I'd be interviewing for a studio or micro unit only. One bedroom apartments (the only kind I am interested in) were being held for 2 person households with lower log numbers than mine. She said that due to the very low number of 1 bedroom apts available (3 in my income band), HPD has stipulated they be offered to 2 person households. So know that if you are a single person and choose to move forward in this lottery, you will most likely be offered a studio or micro unit. I already live in a "micro" apt. for which I pay less than those at 280 Ashland so for me it just didn't make sense to go forward with this. BTW, my log # was 12XX with CB pref. I was disappointed but am no longer crushed by this. They could have saved themselves and me a lot of trouble if they had put that information in the interview letter. I've been doing this for so long I am truly beginning to lost interest. But good luck to to those of you who are in the race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 08:24 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxgirl6 View Post
I went to an interview appointment last week with all the documents and a money order for the credit check but chose not to go through with the interview when the interviewer informed me I'd be interviewing for a studio or micro unit only. One bedroom apartments (the only kind I am interested in) were being held for 2 person households with lower log numbers than mine. She said that due to the very low number of 1 bedroom apts available (3 in my income band), HPD has stipulated they be offered to 2 person households. So know that if you are a single person and choose to move forward in this lottery, you will most likely be offered a studio or micro unit. I already live in a "micro" apt. for which I pay less than those at 280 Ashland so for me it just didn't make sense to go forward with this. BTW, my log # was 12XX with CB pref. I was disappointed but am no longer crushed by this. They could have saved themselves and me a lot of trouble if they had put that information in the interview letter. I've been doing this for so long I am truly beginning to lost interest. But good luck to to those of you who are in the race.
Thanks for the update, while I don’t think I will get called, I know I would not want that either (micro unit) and you’re correct they should have said all that prior to you going in.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:19 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,724,468 times
Hmm, I wonder if refusing to rent to singles constitutes discrimination on the basis of marital status...

Old 11-16-2017, 07:27 AM

110 posts, read 88,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxgirl6 View Post
got it, thanks for that info. was wondering because this is cheaper than 250..LOL!

Old 11-16-2017, 08:44 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Hmm, I wonder if refusing to rent to singles constitutes discrimination on the basis of marital status...
Good point. bronxgirl6's experience is disgusting and upsetting.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Now I wouldn't care if they called me given the "options"

Old 11-16-2017, 09:05 AM

110 posts, read 88,156 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Now I wouldn't care if they called me given the "options"
we experienced the same for 250, when i was called in, 1br's were only allowed for married couples or singles+kid due to the limited availability. but hey, if you're single, studio is better than nothing. but def. no micro unit..i can only imagine how big/small it is..lol

Old 11-16-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weip2k View Post
we experienced the same for 250, when i was called in, 1br's were only allowed for married couples or singles+kid due to the limited availability. but hey, if you're single, studio is better than nothing. but def. no micro unit..i can only imagine how big/small it is..lol
There's a whole building that went up on Murray Hill filled with nothing but micro units. Individual units, I mean, HAMSTER CAGES of 250 square feet each.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
There's a whole building that went up on Murray Hill filled with nothing but micro units. Individual units, I mean, HAMSTER CAGES of 250 square feet each.
Sorry but that is freaking hilarious except not really. why not call them dorm rooms then...

Old 11-16-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Sorry but that is freaking hilarious except not really. why not call them dorm rooms then...
What kills me is that people pay about 2700 to live in them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City