Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:32 PM

307 posts, read 2,507,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjasmineo View Post
Henna that would be me completely. However, I would probably lose my mind knowing it was under the bowl. I can usually muster up enough courage to kill one after I realize no one will kill it for me and after I cry and then yell like a crazy person while killing it and then run. Then I have to go through the process of talking myself into picking up the dead thing. Hopefully, I will have a nice neighbor who I can get to kill these cockroaches. My current roommates do it for me now. I know it is extreme and as a 26 year old woman I am completely ashamed.

lol...I am the same way. Last year I found a huge waterbug hanging on my curtain all the way up. Didn't know what to do at first. I start screaming and crying. That thing didn't move a bit. I start knocking on my neighbors door-no response. So I had to kill it myself. I took my swiffer and brought it on the floor (you gotta be quick-cuz they are fast!) and then I smashed a big VOGUE on it. And stood on it. I jumped up and down...after I removed the VOGUE I looked if it's still moving...lol...but it was all smashed up...gross....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 03:33 PM

395 posts, read 490,573 times
yeah i saw couple of big ass cockroaches in my apt. in my lifetime and they look exactly like those big ass madagascar jungle cockroaches!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 03:36 PM

218 posts, read 741,536 times
To destroy the bug, we must first understand the bug.

(Sorry, had to say it, lol.)

well, I have heard about waterbugs, and the thought of them kinda creeps me out, but I'm a pretty clean person, so once I move into a place, if I can get it cleaned out from the get-go, I would hope I can keep the problems down to a minimum.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:38 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,553,840 times
Them suckers fly, big time. Kill 'em and they secrete a blue fluid. Awesome.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:49 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
One time I had a roommate with a cat, and the cat would always go after the large ones --play with them and turn them over on their backs so they couldn't move. So we never had to kill them -though we did have to dispose of them. (I let her do it, since it was her cat!) In my current place I never have these vile things -thank god.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:20 PM

39 posts, read 255,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAdama View Post
To destroy the bug, we must first understand the bug.

(Sorry, had to say it, lol.)

well, I have heard about waterbugs, and the thought of them kinda creeps me out, but I'm a pretty clean person, so once I move into a place, if I can get it cleaned out from the get-go, I would hope I can keep the problems down to a minimum.
From my understanding cockroaches have nothing to do with cleanliness. They just come from outside. The little ones come from people being dirty.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:16 PM

307 posts, read 2,507,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjasmineo View Post
From my understanding cockroaches have nothing to do with cleanliness. They just come from outside. The little ones come from people being dirty.

Yes it's true. It has nothing to do how clean you keep your place. Of course it makes a difference. Dirty places usually attrack roaches more than clean ones. But roaches already living in the buildings. Between the walls or in the basement. And in the sewer system. It's a problem of the city not of the tenants. And because you never saw one doesn't mean you don't have any.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:38 PM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
them suckers are fast....as much time as i spend in the projects yes i see them....sometimes them mutha****as are faster me man.....hit the **** and they still running. NYC cant beat it with a bat.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-15-2008, 01:23 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,369,396 times
Sounds like someone is scratching against the wall. I've noticed it sometimes in the middle of the night when I'm awake and I'll just hear this slight scratching sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
radiohead--what exactly do rodents in the walls sound like? do you have to press your ear to the wall or can you hear it without doing that?

Old 03-15-2008, 11:33 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
I live in a 3 family house in Astoria and never saw any bugs or rodents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City