Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 12:51 PM

8,378 posts, read 4,395,120 times

Advertisements

Unable to find any Community Green Market in Parkchester (Internet search shows only the one in Beautiful Pelham Pkwy), but I hope you are right about all of that, Bluedog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 02:21 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
right, but she will live in parkchester, and probably does not want to travel across the country every time she needs milk and eggs, a lightbulb, or aspirin.
bingo!!!!

Old 08-28-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Eh well it's the supermarkets mentioned or she'll have to travel. I told her about two supermarkets outside of the Parkchester complex on Archer, and she said the seller told her she doesn't shop at those places because they're not that great, but they're pretty much the same quality wise throughout Parkchester. That was my point. I mean Key Food is Key Food and Fine Fare is Fine Fare. Not much better than Bravo or the other places. You live there, so are you only recommending Key Food? That was what I understood from your post. That is within the complex and a further walk than the two closer to her, not to mention uphill slightly walking back to her place.
Actually, no one so far has chimed in that lives there in 2017 as far as I know. And while Supermarket chains have a general reputation, stores do vary from place to place. I can tell you that Associated where I am moving from, four years ago, was a crappy store. But now it is pretty decent. Four years can change a lot.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:26 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Unable to find any Community Green Market in Parkchester (Internet search shows only the one in Beautiful Pelham Pkwy), but I hope you are right about all of that, Bluedog.
Look through their Facebook page and you will see. It's at E Tremont and Purdy. Opened a few months ago.

Last edited by bluedog2; 08-28-2017 at 02:35 PM..

Old 08-28-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
There is an incredibly good green grocer by me that just opened a second store in Parkchester somewhere.It is call Community Green Market. If their new Parkchester branch is anything like the place near me you are in luck.Very goood produce,lots of organic foods and health store stuff, a fresh fish store within and open 24 hours.Also Zaro's ,the Parkchester bakery institution that closed a few years ago because of a rent dispute with the landlord , is about to reopen in a different location there somewhere.
Thank you BlueDog! I found it with a little Google. It is located 2250 East Tremont Avenue.
https://www.facebook.com/CGMBronx/

It's a bit of a walk. I'll have to be less lazy about it, but close enough.

Not to confused with https://www.grownyc.org/greenmarket/bronx/parkchester which unfortunately, I would never be able to use since they aren't open on the weekend.

I heard Zaro's will open in a lot next to StepIn.
Zaro's bakery coming back to the Bronx

As I said before, the area is changing. Hopefully people's perceptions will too.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Look through their Facebook page and you will see. It's at E Tremont and Purdy. Opened a few months ago.
Very cool store, thank you for the info (I don't live at my condo in Parkchester right now, but will pass the info to my tenant there).

Old 08-28-2017, 05:05 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Very cool store, thank you for the info (I don't live at my condo in Parkchester right now, but will pass the info to my tenant there).
The one in Pelham Parkway has expanded twice since it first opened and opened a fresh fish store inside. Really great people own and run this business. They work like dogs,are extremely customer friendly and community oriented and keep the place fully stocked and humming 24/7/365. If you ask them to carry anything they get it fast. In all my years in NY I have never witnessed a small business that tries as hard as they do. Manage to keep the place spotless all the time too.
And top of it all ,they are right at the bottom of the subway stairs so are a great thing to see getting off the subway at 2 or 3 am.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:36 PM

Wow, sounds fabulous, a business of that description IS rare, in the Bronx or anywhere. Awesome to have that in Parkchester!

Old 11-29-2017, 08:14 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
So three months later and the OP’s settled in. What’s what in Parkchester?

Old 11-29-2017, 01:24 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Finally, I have been approved by the board. My mortgage has been approved for about a month already. So it's time to close and move which will be soon.

So if you know the Parkchester area well, tell me your favorites:

Butcher
Green Grocer
Supermarket
Hardware store
Brick a brack
Dry Cleaner
Specialty food store
Bakery
Pharmacy (My present pharmacists gives really personal service and will always make sure you have a small supply of what you need, even if the full script can't be filled right away.)
Clothing
Shoe
Sneaker
Hair salon
Nail salon
Places to eat in
Places to eat out
Places to sit and think in peace, or for a peaceful walk
Places to ride bike
Anything you want to volunteer
Book store (if exists)
Other (something unusual or exotic that one would not ordinarily think about or know about.)
Fitness, Dance, Yoga etc.
Pet supply

I can explain what I like about things in my present area, but the post would end up being far too long.
Parkchester is a condo. No approval needed. Would you be in the complex, or across nearby at any of the coops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City