Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 02:45 PM

19,066 posts, read 13,995,482 times

Advertisements

Most people upstate just ignore the NYC-driven gun laws that were recently imposed upon them. That includes the cops who are supposed to enforce them. If you cannot stop urban elites from controlling the entire state's agenda, the only way to live you life is to ignore their nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 03:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,781,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Most people upstate just ignore the NYC-driven gun laws that were recently imposed upon them. That includes the cops who are supposed to enforce them. If you cannot stop urban elites from controlling the entire state's agenda, the only way to live you life is to ignore their nonsense.
NYC has different laws than the rest of the state.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_York

Old 09-24-2017, 03:24 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,499,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
NYC has different laws than the rest of the state.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_York
He's not referring to that

Old 09-24-2017, 03:44 PM

31,941 posts, read 27,057,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
You can drive to Gerritsen Beach and see confederate flags.

I love visiting upstate. I could not live there though as much as I love being outdoors. Most places have rundown downtowns and the bigger cities are usually college towns. Lots and lots of poverty. And most places don't have a lot to do. One of the guys who works in the parks asked us to take him with us back to the city because there is nothing going on in most of these places.

I have camped all over the state. I wish the Adirondacks wasn't a minimum four hour drive. The best campgrounds are in the Adirondacks. I just went on my last trip of the season and what a perfect weekend for it.

I'm not a big fan of going all the way west but I do enjoy the Finger Lakes. Different vibe than the Adirondacks but enjoyable all the same. New York has some fantastic parks.

Large problem with upstate NY was so much of the local economies were based on manufacturing and or the railroads. Once those began going away, so did jobs and things just went downhill. Last nail in coffin was when military bases began to close.

You go back to late 1800's through just after WWII and look at places like Troy, Syracuse, Buffalo, and so forth, totally different world.

Every governor for the past two decades or so keeps talking about "bringing upstate NY back"; so far nothing really has taken hold in a major way. There have been some successes, but by and large the area continues to depopulate compared to downstate.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
He's not referring to that
Exactly.

The SAFE Act was driven by NYC politicians and shoved down the throat of the rest of the state via "message of necessity" in the middle of the night so that Cumho could say he was the first governor to "do something" after Sandy Hook.

Believe me, my finger is on the pulse of gun laws in this city and state, both professionally and personally. I've tattooed "...shall not be infringed" on my right forum specifically so my police bosses can see where my allegiance lies on the matter.

I'm a member of quite a few groups with numerous upstate gun owners in the membership. No one - I mean no one - follows Cumho's law once you pass Orange County. When the state realized that roughly 3% of "assault weapons" were registered as ordered, Nazi style, they did what ever other anti-gun regime has done: nothing. Because they can't. Come get them and Cumho's troops will experience a world of pain that no one has ever denied will be the result.

Leftist anti-gun laws do not fly well outside of leftist anti-gun strongholds. Best to just ignore the nancies since they cannot be overcome at the political level. It's pretty bad when even your cops mostly ignore your decrees.

I never hold back this 100% fact: I will not follow or enforce any unconstitutional gun laws that this city or state passes. All of my bosses know it and I don't care.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:50 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,499,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Exactly.

The SAFE Act was driven by NYC politicians and shoved down the throat of the rest of the state via "message of necessity" in the middle of the night so that Cumho could say he was the first governor to "do something" after Sandy Hook.

Believe me, my finger is on the pulse of gun laws in this city and state, both professionally and personally. I've tattooed "...shall not be infringed" on my right forum specifically so my police bosses can see where my allegiance lies on the matter.

I'm a member of quite a few groups with numerous upstate gun owners in the membership. No one - I mean no one - follows Cumho's law once you pass Orange County. When the state realized that roughly 3% of "assault weapons" were registered as ordered, Nazi style, they did what ever other anti-gun regime has done: nothing. Because they can't. Come get them and Cumho's troops will experience a world of pain that no one has ever denied will be the result.

Leftist anti-gun laws do not fly well outside of leftist anti-gun strongholds. Best to just ignore the nancies since they cannot be overcome at the political level. It's pretty bad when even your cops mostly ignore your decrees.

I never hold back this 100% fact: I will not follow or enforce any unconstitutional gun laws that this city or state passes. All of my bosses know it and I don't care.
How did that piece of legislation even pass if the Republicans have the majority in the Senate? And I'm guessing at least some Democrats would be against it.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:19 PM

Unfortunately a lot of Republicans voted for it because NY repubs are not real conservatives. Nicole Malliotakis voted for it.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:24 PM

34,125 posts, read 47,349,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
OTOH that's where ALL the water comes from.
We need them as much as they need us. So then why all the fussing back and forth? Can't we all just get along?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-24-2017, 05:26 PM

34,125 posts, read 47,349,444 times
I'm not gonna lie tho, I am ignorant when it comes to upstate. Other than a few trips to Woodbury Commons I know nothing of Upstate. Been to Niagara Falls as a kid and thats it. I prefer driving up north though as opposed to down south, the weather's cooler, less stress on the car.

Are we the only state with a Thruway? I-87 North is a tough ride tho, tough meaning beautiful. From Yankee Stadium north, with no traffic through Westchester, one of the most scenic rides on the planet, believe it!

Thats why people go googoo gaagga over NYC, and New York state, cant beat them views!

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-24-2017, 05:51 PM

14,063 posts, read 13,970,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm not gonna lie tho, I am ignorant when it comes to upstate. Other than a few trips to Woodbury Commons I know nothing of Upstate. Been to Niagara Falls as a kid and thats it. I prefer driving up north though as opposed to down south, the weather's cooler, less stress on the car.

Are we the only state with a Thruway? I-87 North is a tough ride tho, tough meaning beautiful. From Yankee Stadium north, with no traffic through Westchester, one of the most scenic rides on the planet, believe it!

Thats why people go googoo gaagga over NYC, and New York state, cant beat them views!

Upstate NY is heavy with state troopers they enforce speed limits and hide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City