Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 11:36 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,032,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The guy was definitely a jerk and out of control and a racist, but unless I'm missing something, I never saw him do anything physical to anyone. He was wrong and a jerk, but I think within his legal rights to be a jerk with his voice. The crowd on the train, however, was not within their rights to assault him and essentially steal his belongings.

For me this was not a "feel good" story about good triumphing over evil. Both sides were wrong.

Also, I think it's too bad cell phones are there for recording everything. This one was best left unrecorded.
In light of the current political situation, you are semi suicidal to say racist rants to strangers out on the street. He wasn't killed, and hopefully for his sake this is a wake up call.

Also verbal racist assaults can be and are as horrible as physical assaults, depending on what is said.

When I hear people say that there should never be violence, I take that as them wanting to say whatever they please without their being any consequences. Randomly insulting or provoking strangers, even if race isn't involved, is never a good idea and can get you killed. As for the crowd, nothing serious will happen to them, as the man wasn't hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 11:40 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,032,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
People who use the term "SJW" don't want immigrants from 3rd world countries (such as Guyana) in the US
Some immigrants have a heard time understanding that. Especially some Black immigrants. But if they think that these American "conservatives" are so down with them, they are more than welcome to join the KKK, Neo Nazis, Aryan Nation, and other groups to see how far they can get.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:44 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,151,517 times
People love throwing sympathy at racist and neo nazis

I guess both sides have good in them so we must not react with violence.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:46 AM

He deserved that little beat down, he's lucky it didn't end up worse

You promote and spew hate, you don't determine what another persons reaction will be.

And you don't try to have meaningful conversations with drunk racist on the train.

You kick their ass off

Old 10-11-2017, 11:51 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,086,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
People who use the term "SJW" don't want immigrants from 3rd world countries (such as Guyana) in the US
Lol. That's a very false claim you made there bub. Do you know the reason why some of these countries are low income? Also using the term 3rd world shows how ignorant you are about the world. Any how, the US global hegemony takes away and rapes plenty country of their resources, and labor. Also the US meddles in other countries political elections and affairs which can cause a country to either be aligned with the US, or vote other wise and cause the US to internally destroy a country by marginalization, trade embargo, locking the country out of the US controlled trade networks. Thus allowing mass immigration of its peoples to high income states like the US and Canada. I support immigration, but the US and its people needs to stop destroying other countries political and economical wills. I hope you know I'm a populist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Some immigrants have a heard time understanding that. Especially some Black immigrants. But if they think that these American "conservatives" are so down with them, they are more than welcome to join the KKK, Neo Nazis, Aryan Nation, and other groups to see how far they can get.
SJW, BLM, Antifa, KKK, Aryan Brother Hood, Neo Nazis are all devisive. Their is no place in this country for none of these groups. As for the record, I support immigration to this very day. However the US needs to stop destabilizing countries, and exploiting labor and resources in their favor. I hope you know I'm a populist!

Old 10-11-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Lol. That's a very false claim you made there bub. Do you know the reason why some of these countries are low income? Also using the term 3rd world shows how ignorant you are about the world. Any how, the US global hegemony takes away and rapes plenty country of their resources, and labor. Also the US meddles in other countries political elections and affairs which can cause a country to either be aligned with the US, or vote other wise and cause the US to internally destroy a country by marginalization, trade embargo, locking the country out of the US controlled trade networks. Thus allowing mass immigration of its peoples to high income states like the US and Canada. I support immigration, but the US and its people needs to stop destroying other countries political and economical wills.

SJW, BLM, Antifa, KKK, Aryan Brother Hood, Neo Nazis are all devisive. Their is no place in this country for none of these groups. As for the record, I support immigration to this very day. However the US needs to stop destabilizing countries, and exploiting labor and resources in their favor.
BLM is not divisive that's like saying the black panthers were divisive when they were in direct response to KKK and white people were spraying peaceful protesters with a fire hoes and attacking them with dogs.
BLM was a direct response to the justice system failing the black community. And also racist stereotypes being used to condone murder of unarmed black men and children and women.
The fact that people compare BLM to the KKK that murdered thousands of Americans is astounding.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:02 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,086,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
BLM is not divisive that's like saying the black panthers were divisive when they were in direct response to KKK and white people were spraying peaceful protesters with a fire hoes and attacking them with dogs.
BLM was a direct response to the justice system failing the black community. And also racist stereotypes being used to condone murder of unarmed black men and children and women.
The fact that people compare BLM to the KKK that murdered thousands of Americans is astounding.
The justice system didn't fail black people. IT was the US internal economic system that failed black people in this country. As an Employer, would you hire a black man that never been arrested? Or would you hire a black man like Eric Garner who have been arrested 42 times with a stint in prison? As an employer, I would prefer to a hire a black man that never been arrested, and never been to prison. Better economic fairness and transparency needs to be created to help black Americans. Employers denying someone because they live in a certain neighborhood, or because they have a non Anglo Saxon Pro Black name are some of the reasons why Employers wont hire black people, and the list goes on. Once you don't have a job, it is easy to slip up and fall in the justice system, this is very common for black men and even opioid white men a like.

And I hope you know that those KKK members, and those police who sprayed water hoes and attack dogs on blacks were Democrats and some are still probably are will into the 1990s during the end of the switch of political platforms. Peaceful protest lead by King won over the country, if not the world, and showed how bitter America was to its black population. Last I did not compare BLM to KKK, I just said both groups are divisive and serve no place in this country. We as a people must work together collectively. Too many Americans these days left and right are just one sided with unprecedented division. I'm no fan of Trump myself, but at the end of the day we must work together, and also we must learn how to forgive one another. if we don't things will never be fixed. I'm about all lives matter. I just find it odd that now folks think Cops use too much force thanks to an officer arresting a white female Nurse in Utah, while this has been happening to blacks for decades.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-11-2017 at 12:17 PM..

Old 10-11-2017, 12:18 PM

88 posts, read 61,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
He deserved that little beat down, he's lucky it didn't end up worse

You promote and spew hate, you don't determine what another persons reaction will be.

And you don't try to have meaningful conversations with drunk racist on the train.

You kick their ass off
But what makes you think you have the power to decide who spits hate or not? Is it illegal to say hateful things? If so, who decides on what is hateful or not? Seems like you have a bit of a God complex.

I have seen people sport t-shirts with Stalin's face printed on it. A mass murderer who killed almost 100 million people. I think that is hateful to the Russians and Ukrainians who died and suffered, but I don't physically assault them for it. This is why we have a justice system. If you think someone is breaking the law, call the Police and let them handle it.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:48 PM

983 posts, read 935,343 times
Panthers were pretty divisive.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
Panthers were pretty divisive.
Which was in direct response to the KKK murdering and the government oppressing black people. Wouldn't be a need for the panthers if this country wasn't built on divisiveness

Or you can be selective with history and ignore Jim Crow laws and MLK being shot down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City