Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 08:20 PM

25,373 posts, read 37,093,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Dont forget "the incredible edible egg"

Yeah, the egg goes from healthy to unhealthy and back again faster than a volley at Wimbledon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 08:38 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Yeah, the egg goes from healthy to unhealthy and back again faster than a volley at Wimbledon.
I wish I had a chicken coop

A few years ago, I went to the South on a little vacation, and I ate chickens that were killed right there that morning, I've never tasted chicken like that....

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-20-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I wish I had a chicken coop

A few years ago, I went to the South on a little vacation, and I ate chickens that were killed right there that morning, I've never tasted chicken like that....

I remember my childhood when "the farmer" used to bring her truck into town, Allentown, and deliver eggs to her regular customers. She would tell my mother what was bewing slaughtered the next week ad my mother would order a chicken or even a turkey for the next week along with her eggs.
Yes, chicken used to taste a LOT better than it does now.

But then an A&P opened a block away, something new for a smaller town, and the "farmer lady" was driven out of business, or else into another line of work after cashing out her acreage for millions to housing developers.

Chicken is dull now.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:48 AM

There is a fair priced farmer's market that comes in every Friday, something like 10 to 4...but don't hold me to those hours. It is on E. 97th Street between Second and Third Avenues.

It blows all the other farmer's markets out of the water.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:16 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,958 times
I tried local eggs from a farmers market and was not impressed much.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:02 AM

37,161 posts, read 39,451,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I looked up median income for Corona vs other areas on City Data's site and this is what I found

Corona - $50K median income, average household size of 6
Brownsville - $30K median income, average household size of 3.4
Soundview - $38K median income, average household 7.3
Morrisania - $30K, 5.2

Median income is median household, not individual.
Woof, Corona's baller in comparison to Soundview and Morrisania.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
There is a fair priced farmer's market that comes in every Friday, something like 10 to 4...but don't hold me to those hours. It is on E. 97th Street between Second and Third Avenues.

It blows all the other farmer's markets out of the water.

Forget that^^^^
They moved it to Second Avenue and it is no better than all the other "green markets."
The "green" stands for the color of money.
We bought nothing.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:54 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,241,134 times
Quote:
Forget that^^^^
They moved it to Second Avenue and it is no better than all the other "green markets."
The "green" stands for the color of money.
We bought nothing.
KK I thought of you yesterday, I was up in your hood drinking last night. Pretty sure I walked by your building. Seems like a nice one.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:54 AM

It IS a nice building, 222 E. 93rd, surrounded by nice gardening and a lovely communal plaza with fountains, picnic tables, water sprays for kids, nice setback from the streets. It was better when we had our little park with tennis, basketball and handball courts but
City (Ed Koch) handed that park to Related for the building of The Easton, a snazzy, pricey, luxury tower making our joint look OLD FASHIONED by comparison.
My single gripe is I would like a bigger apartment.

Where were you drinking, livingsingle?

Old 07-21-2018, 08:04 AM

283 posts, read 234,111 times
Meh. As long as they have access to fresh fruits and vegetables, it doesn't need to come from a farmer's market.

Ultimately though, it's not fruits and vegetables that will change people's health outcomes. Take a fat person... Add more plants to their diet and wait a few months.. Guaranteed it won't change a single thing. I know people who eat 95% healthy and they're quite fat and unhealthy.

They just need to make a conscious decision to eat less. Obesity is deadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City