Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 07:44 PM

179 posts, read 110,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
This is way too long to watch, but if you queue it to about 6:30 and watch for about two minutes, that's all you need to see.

EXCLUSIVE: Victim’s mother releases footage of fatal encounter between son and Wake Forest basketball coach

That's really bad ----- it appears the drunk guy doesn't even touch the guys vehicle as he drives by --- then the puncher immediately stops and backs into a spot to confront the drunk guy. Why because he was yelling? For what purpose ? Teaching strangers a lesson a 330 in the morning?

A few years ago I was headed out fishing at 430 in the morning -- late summer so it was still dark -- while stopped at a red 2 drunks came up and hit my car doors while asking for a lift someplace --- I just ran the red light slowly and proceeded to the fishing spot.The only sensible reaction really.

Strange how initial reports/coverage had the victim described as super aggressive and out of control.

Last edited by McVinney; 05-03-2019 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 07:56 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,190,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McVinney View Post
That's really bad ----- it appears the drunk guy doesn't even touch the guys vehicle as he drives by --- the the puncher immediately stops and backs into a spot to confront the drunk guy. Why because he was yelling? For what purpose ? Teaching strangers a lesson a 330 in the morning?

A few years ago I was headed out fishing at 430 in the morning -- late summer so it was still dark -- while stopped at a red 2 drunks came up and hit my car doors while asking for a lift someplace --- I just ran the red light slowly and proceeded to the fishing spot.The only sensible reaction really.

Strange how initial reports/coverage had the victim described as super aggressive and out of control.
He might have been hitting other cars and I guess it's possible he hit the window of that one as well (although you can't see that in the video). But even so, the Wake Forest coach's reaction was so out of proportion. I don't understand why he wasn't at least charged with manslaughter. All he got was misdemeanor assault and went back to coaching.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:04 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,265,981 times
Quote:
No, but he acted like one. Did you see the video? I gave him benefit of the doubt before but the video shows a scenario I wasn’t expecting.
I did. Violence is never the answer but it makes me wonder what occurred before the video. There has to be more to the story to set him off like that.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:43 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,628,741 times
Quote:
He might have been hitting other cars and I guess it's possible he hit the window of that one as well (although you can't see that in the video). But even so, the Wake Forest coach's reaction was so out of proportion. I don't understand why he wasn't at least charged with manslaughter. All he got was misdemeanor assault and went back to coaching.
A lot of people secretly wish they could kill someone ans get away with it, that's why they take the coach's side.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:28 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,265,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
A lot of people secretly wish they could kill someone ans get away with it, that's why they take the coach's side.
Yikes...not me.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:52 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,190,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I did. Violence is never the answer but it makes me wonder what occurred before the video. There has to be more to the story to set him off like that.
Yeah, that was the confusing part. All the reports said he was drunk and hitting cars and that's not shown in this video (probably because it's the dead guy's mother choosing which videos to show).

I suppose if a drunk guy came up and slammed my car, I'd be pissed off too. However, getting so overly pissed off about a stupid drunk guy touching his car is really over the top. If the drunk had hit the car with a hammer or other tool, then yeah, I can see someone getting out to confront him. But there were no reports that the victim had anything in his hands while he was hitting cars. I doubt he caused any physical damage to any car.

Old 10-19-2019, 01:07 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,052,104 times
Quote:
Yeah, that was the confusing part. All the reports said he was drunk and hitting cars and that's not shown in this video (probably because it's the dead guy's mother choosing which videos to show).

I suppose if a drunk guy came up and slammed my car, I'd be pissed off too. However, getting so overly pissed off about a stupid drunk guy touching his car is really over the top. If the drunk had hit the car with a hammer or other tool, then yeah, I can see someone getting out to confront him. But there were no reports that the victim had anything in his hands while he was hitting cars. I doubt he caused any physical damage to any car.
LOL..you really believe that guy was a threat?

(even if he was banging on cars, WHICH I SERIOUSLY doubt).

He was probably yelling and said something stoopid to the coach. TOUGH GUY COACH, not one to take lip from some white guy 75lbs less than him.

MYSTERY is 'Why NY is not upping the charge to MANSLAUGHTER or 2nd Degree Murder???

What's wrong with the DA in NY ????

Old 10-19-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
If this is true then the tourist had it coming. Shouldn't have ended in death but his family should have made sure his ass got home safely

lol...YOU really believe that little guy could shatter a window?

PLEASE !

Old 10-19-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
“Your son was drunk and rowdy — he deserved it,’’ grieving mother Donna Kent said she was basically told during a disturbing meeting with prosecutors over the death of her 35-year-old son, Sandor Szabo, in August.

“They kept saying Sandor was really, really drunk and that he was punching cars and doing really terrible things,” Kent told The Post of the incident, which left her son dead and college coach Jamill Jones facing a third-degree assault charge.

Typical mom....My son was such a good boy, he never did anything wrong
Time to take ownership on your sons behavior. He didn't deserve to die and I don't think that was the intention but did he deserve to be punched...ummm yes.

Lets see...i'll bet you've done stoopid things in the past.

Why don't you let me sucker punch you 1 night when you're Drunk?

Old 10-19-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about. He wasn't a street thug.

No...he was an Angel visiting from N.Carolina. He was there to do Charity work with Church and happened to find himself on the street in NYC, cruising the strip at 3.30am after late night of carousing and drinking with other coaches .

(whoops, that wasnt supposed to come out)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City