Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 05:43 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,080,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Man who threw the punch is too cute to go to jail...Lets hope for his sake there is more to this story.
a person died. stop thinking about the D, livingsinglenyc...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 06:52 AM

16,029 posts, read 6,838,234 times
Stand your ground laws do not apply in NY. Fool.

It would have been safer to lift the phone and call the cops and have him locked up on disorderly.
Sue him later in small claims for damages if any.
You Decided to confront him physically.
You, a 35 year old man chose to inflict physical harm resulting in his death rather than having him arrested.
Time to pay the piper Mr. Jones. ( P.S. nice example to all your students )

You won't be playing with that orange ball on the court much longer
but you will have access to many other types during your time of incarceration.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 08-10-2018 at 07:05 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

It would have been safer to lift the phone and call the cops and have him locked up on disorderly.
You, a 35 year old man chose to inflict physical harm resulting in his death rather than having him arrested.

He was charged with a misdemeanor assault charge. The guy went home got a lawyer then surrender to the cops with his lawyer. He is smart.

Also, the victim's brother stated that his brother's attempt to avoid the punch led him to fall backwards and his head on the ground.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/09/wake-f...urists-family/

Last edited by Airborneguy; 10-24-2018 at 05:23 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 08:14 AM

2,604 posts, read 3,400,915 times
From what I've been reading, the victim Sabor Szabo was drunk and starting a fight with a few people before he got into the altercation with the defendant Jamill Jones. This seems like an accident that was cause by a drunken fool. I'm going to side with the defendant Jamill Jones on this one.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
From what I've been reading, the victim Sabor Szabo was drunk and starting a fight with a few people before he got into the altercation with the defendant Jamill Jones. This seems like an accident that was cause by a drunken fool. I'm going to side with the defendant Jamill Jones on this one.
I agree. The guy was drunk and knocking on car doors and making a ruckus. A 3rd person tried to argue with him and he struck him in the face. Then, he approached Jamill's car and he was not having it. He gave him a quick 1-2 and down he went.

His bro and family are responsible for his death. They needed to control this drunk fool.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:34 AM

884 posts, read 1,370,993 times
I also read somewhere that Szabo's phone died which is why he was knocking on random cars trying to find his uber.
Either way this is a sad tragedy for all parties involved. I'm certain the coach didn't think punching someone would lead to their death so he should be charged with manslaughter not murder as they're trying to charge him with.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:01 AM

1,486 posts, read 988,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

Im quite aware stand your ground law does not apply in NY.

The comment clearly said "IF" and that comment was based on the fact that the tourist was from Boca Raton where they DO have the stand your ground law. Meaning chances are if his ass was in his own state he would have not gotten drunk, not bang on multiple cars, not punch people in the face, and be in his situation when someone retaliated against his behavior.

It was an accidental death. He got into a fight, got hit, went down and suffered a brain injury in the process. If you know you got a glass jaw then don't start fights you cant finish. Famous line "Don't start no ****, wont be no ****". There was no intent to kill the man so Jones wont do time, maybe probation, loose his job and then the family try to sue him in civil court for money he most likely don't have.

Either way Jones ruined his life because some drunk guy went on a rampage and he decided to confront him.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:13 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,714,563 times
How do they know all the details about what happened if he was knocked out and died and they don't know who did it?

they are very specific about him thinking it was uber, his knocking on the glass, being punched, etc etc

Old 08-10-2018, 09:21 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,126,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
How do they know all the details about what happened if he was knocked out and died and they don't know who did it?

they are very specific about him thinking it was uber, his knocking on the glass, being punched, etc etc
I think I read there was surveillance video of him pounding on all the car doors. Maybe there is video of the punching as well. The story about the uber was just speculation, I guess after watching this drunk guy who family members knew was trying to get back to another hotel, bang on a bunch of car windows, they speculated that he was drunkenly trying to find his uber.

What I don't understand is why it took a couple of days for it to come out that the tourist is the one who threw the first punch. That must have been on video as well? Or maybe it was just from witness statements.

And they do know who knocked him out. That's been in all the updated articles.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:31 AM

1,486 posts, read 988,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I think I read there was surveillance video of him pounding on all the car doors. Maybe there is video of the punching as well. The story about the uber was just speculation, I guess after watching this drunk guy who family members knew was trying to get back to another hotel, bang on a bunch of car windows, they speculated that he was drunkenly trying to find his uber.

What I don't understand is why it took a couple of days for it to come out that the tourist is the one who threw the first punch. That must have been on video as well? Or maybe it was just from witness statements.

And they do know who knocked him out. That's been in all the updated articles.
Yes, there is video of his actions. Statements from those that were there during the incident and even statements from his own family members.

Chances are someone is trying to cover something up because the tourist was from Boca which means he had to have some type of money to live there cause Boca isn't cheap to live. Why didnt anyone performing toxic tests on him to see if he had anything else in his system...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City