Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 07:33 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,300,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
CaribNY your a ethnocentric snob as well when it comes to argueing how succesful Caribbean peoples are in the US. You seem to go to great detail to make those points so dont pretend to be innocent and now that your group is singled out for violent behavior you make a call out to the way blacks in general are depicted when for most of the time you have little use for African Americans not of the Caribean. Just adding that because your acting pretty self righteous.
Couldn’t have said it any better myself! His **** doesn’t stink because anytime his people are called out on something it’s automatically racism...

Old 09-04-2018, 08:18 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Anyone who claims that parade isn’t a magnet for violence is delusional.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-04-2018, 09:14 PM

220 posts, read 196,307 times
I just wanted to chime in that the parade itself was wonderful i had a great time and enjoyed seeing my culture, enjoying the food and music. I hope we can focus on the positive aspects of this - the shootings did not happen during the parade - there are shootings in nyc near everyday. Carry on.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:27 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,544,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
I just wanted to chime in that the parade itself was wonderful i had a great time and enjoyed seeing my culture, enjoying the food and music. I hope we can focus on the positive aspects of this - the shootings did not happen during the parade - there are shootings in nyc near everyday. Carry on.
Oh no. You aren't allowed to say this. You must say that it was like an old cow boysaloon and you spent the entire day ducking for cover while these savage Caribbean blacks waged war against each other, this while playing their jungle music.

Don't you know that it is illegal on City Data to have positive focus on anything that any group of blacks do. Just NOT allowed unless you want a thread locked.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Anyone who claims that parade isn’t a magnet for violence is delusional.
Well maybe you are what you describe others to be.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:42 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,490,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Oh no. You aren't allowed to say this. You must say that it was like an old cow boysaloon and you spent the entire day ducking for cover while these savage Caribbean blacks waged war against each other, this while playing their jungle music.

Don't you know that it is illegal on City Data to have positive focus on anything that any group of blacks do. Just NOT allowed unless you want a thread locked.
lol, then it's conveniently "off topic"

Old 09-04-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Couldn’t have said it any better myself! His **** doesn’t stink because anytime his people are called out on something it’s automatically racism...
OK then this is what I will say. I cannot vote for Cuomo because he is a Sicilian and so must be mafia.
This is equivalent on what you are doing when you connect some violence which did NOT occur at this event. Its just easy for you to damn Caribbean people and in fact blacks in general.

Understand that others do the same to Italians.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Werdywerd and Pierrepont are not liberals
Pierrepont will like to think that he is fair but he isnt.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Agree. But in all fairness you can not put public drunkenness on the same plane as stabbing and murder.
Self inflicted injuries are just, well self inflicted and the police do make arrests for public intoxication and
ticket public urination. If a fist fight breaks out then arrests are made for assault. That is only fair.
Inflicting injuries upon others is criminal regardless of race, color or creed.
A repeated violence of higher degree such as stabbing ,gun violence and murder strikes fear into everybody.

There is no guarantee when and where it will strike but if a pattern of extreme violence is obvious then it is only right to shut
the festivities down.

As I suggested in my previous post penalty should be imposed " a time out of festivities " until people learn that the
parade is a playing field not a killing field.

And when the violence did NOT occur DURING the event? Should it be called a killing field?

Old 09-04-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
CaribNY your a ethnocentric snob as well when it comes to argueing how succesful Caribbean peoples are in the US. You seem to go to great detail to make those points so dont pretend to be innocent and now that your group is singled out for violent behavior you make a call out to the way blacks in general are depicted when for most of the time you have little use for African Americans not of the Caribean. Just adding that because your acting pretty self righteous.
Not sure what your ethnicity is but I apologize profusely that statistics indicate that blacks from the English speaking Caribbean as well as Haiti outperform Caribbean Hispanics and American blacks in their median household incomes. That must really anger you.

And its interesting that you consider me to be anti black American when I am called a racist because I intervene when others damn black Americans as losers. Or call the police heroes for how they treat blacks.

Understand this. Those who jump on this event are the same ones who are now screaming that Nike should be boycotted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City