Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 07:12 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,881,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
Yes they are but never underestimate a horny guy in this day and age without craigslist or backpage to peruse.
Yeah especially in the #MeToo era.

Also I know they are still there but it's not like the heydays. There's a bubble tea shop and a club now for crying out loud. They are getting half if not less of the business they used to get.

In general downtown Flushing has been cleaned up. I already knew this was going to happen when the skyview was being built 10 years ago. One of my first retail jobs out of college was there during the recession.

Sanitization and disinfection is almost complete. They are trying to attract real estate developers. But the area is semi-immune to gentrification and there's only so many Affluent Chinese that still want to live amongst commoners. I'm not quite sure where the New Flushing is going, what it's trying to be and who it's trying to appeal to. There are some elements that seem like they are trying to keep young 1st and 2nd generation Asian Americans from leaving.

The older Millennial Asian Americans already moved to Manhattan, other parts of Queens or out of state. Gen Z won't have as much mobility due to various changes to affordability of college, stagnant wages and labor markets that claim to have shortages but really don't. Although there's plenty of work probably in the trades most of that lucrative work seems to be further out on the Island
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 07:13 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,815,914 times
TB Park

Old 10-26-2018, 07:43 AM

5,113 posts, read 4,963,078 times
drugs, illegals, sex workers all are unlawful but the NYC law enforcement does little about them. i tried hard to understand why... it doesn't take a detective to spot who are engaged in these unlawful businesses but the law enforcement simply turn its eyes away.

i walk by multiple massage salons regularly in flushing and they are plenty (unattractive) "sex workers" ready to serve you at any moment. how come they are let so loose in broad daylight for these unlawful activities? there must be some instructions from the top not to touch them.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:55 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,942,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
drugs, illegals, sex workers all are unlawful but the NYC law enforcement does little about them. i tried hard to understand why... it doesn't take a detective to spot who are engaged in these unlawful businesses but the law enforcement simply turn its eyes away.

i walk by multiple massage salons regularly in flushing and they are plenty (unattractive) "sex workers" ready to serve you at any moment. how come they are let so loose in broad daylight for these unlawful activities? there must be some instructions from the top not to touch them.
Wouldnt be surprised if the cops are in on it. The 109th precinct seargeant and a slew of cops were busted for takin kickbacks on the ktvs recenty. Cops let their powers get the best of them quite often.

https://qns.com/story/2016/03/29/23-...bribes-report/

Then theres the former detective who ran a brothel and gambling ring out of queens/bk/li and paid off or gave discounts from his hookers for active cops for information and raids.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:25 AM

3,132 posts, read 2,726,308 times
I see a lot of you missed the point of the article, which is that arresting these women, who are usually economically if not actually coerced into the work, not only doesn't solve the problem, but does real harm. This woman was literally running from an arrest when she fell or jumped. Arrest the johns, sure. Saddling these women with criminal records achieves nothing.

(Not sure how you can just spot "illegals," though. Is there some magic power other people have that I don't whereby you can see someone's passport just by walking past them?)

Old 10-26-2018, 09:40 AM

1,486 posts, read 988,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
But the women who work at these places are so ugly. You think midtown office workers have higher tastes. These prostitutes are even worse than the 80s early 90s and prior when prostitution was even more rampant.
While this is true most men don't really care as they are only there for the oral. I cant imagine getting on top of a 50 year old woman whose vagina been ran through many times that same day before I got there. Clients usually go out, eat, drink a ton then end the night at one of these places before going home to their wives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
I see a lot of you missed the point of the article, which is that arresting these women, who are usually economically if not actually coerced into the work, not only doesn't solve the problem, but does real harm. This woman was literally running from an arrest when she fell or jumped. Arrest the johns, sure. Saddling these women with criminal records achieves nothing.

(Not sure how you can just spot "illegals," though. Is there some magic power other people have that I don't whereby you can see someone's passport just by walking past them?)
Arresting the Johns does nothing. This approach was taken in Boston where they nicknamed the area in Chinatown the Combat Zone. They would arrest the Johns, take their photo and post them in the paper to publicly humiliate the men. All that end up happening was the Johns stopped doing incalls and only did outcalls. Bigger risk for the sex workers but they kept their clients and now certain sex workers have dedicated clients and will only see Johns that has a referral or was previously introduced.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:41 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,762,482 times
I got the point. But I don't think simply legalizing prostitution will magically do the trick and everyone will be happy. It will relieve some of the problems/issues that come with prostitution but not all. Just like legalizing narcotics will relieve some of the issues involved but problems will still occur. It's not an easy solution. Just legalizing everything.

It's like that fairy tale. That boy putting his thumb on a leak hoping to stop a flood.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:48 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Prostitution and weed legal?

Bwahahahaha

Lord have mercy. Where can I buy some cheap length of rope.....
Real XY men are in trouble. Their existence is at risk.
The way things are going XY male burping and releasing gas to close to.... will be labeled a downright felony
while smoking pot and prostitution will become acceptable part of social acceptance. Very clever.
The Heterogametic sex is being coerced into extinction.

Word of caution to all XY men :
Stay away from weed. Avoid growing breasts.
Stay away from prostitution. Avoid diseases.

Quote :Those with XX have two strikes against them.
They bit the apple. Then they made you bite the apple.
Learn from your mistakes.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:16 AM

5,113 posts, read 4,963,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Lord have mercy. Where can I buy some cheap length of rope.....
Real XY men are in trouble. Their existence is at risk.
The way things are going XY male burping and releasing gas to close to.... will be labeled a downright felony
while smoking pot and prostitution will become acceptable part of social acceptance. Very clever.
The Heterogametic sex is being coerced into extinction.

Word of caution to all XY men :
Stay away from weed. Avoid growing breasts.
Stay away from prostitution. Avoid diseases.

Quote :Those with XX have two strikes against them.
They bit the apple. Then they made you bite the apple.
Learn from your mistakes.

so many mysterious codes in a short post...what the heck are xx and xy...my educated guess in accordance with your posting style would be xx=black, xy=hispanic...?

Old 10-26-2018, 10:41 AM

1,183 posts, read 707,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
so many mysterious codes in a short post...what the heck are xx and xy...my educated guess in accordance with your posting style would be xx=black, xy=hispanic...?
Its not code, its genetics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City