Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 09:53 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Meet me at the range the next sub-20 degree day and lets see who last longer. Open invite.
Don't you mean the next squall.
I was outside all day for 12 hours that day so no worries.
But is it smart to meet in a range.
One of us may not be returning to city data...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 01:24 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
ANd niw it is 54 F with no wind. Light leather jacket was fine.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:05 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Tomorrow they are predicting 60 degrees F!

Old 02-04-2019, 06:34 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,863,409 times
This weather is nuts and while it may feel great, it messing with your immune system. This and the nasty indoor people you have to deal with who among others don't wash their hands or cover their mouth when they cough.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:42 AM

I had to shut off my living room heater as well because temperature at my desk went over 81 (even in just boxer shorts, that's killing.)

Old 02-04-2019, 10:27 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
Now I love this current weather

Old 02-04-2019, 11:06 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
This weather is nuts and while it may feel great, it messing with your immune system. This and the nasty indoor people you have to deal with who among others don't wash their hands or cover their mouth when they cough.
That's the new thing. I was in Birch this morning on the Upper West Side. I'm waiting for my cortado, and thus douche bag comes walking in with his mouth wide open yawning like he's at home. Disgusting. I just looked at him like how uncivilized are you. Thank God my drink came right away, but people are becoming ruder by the day here. With the temperatures being all over the place, I'm just glad that I haven't been sick. So important to stay on top of the weather, eat well and sleep.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,863,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That's the new thing. I was in Birch this morning on the Upper West Side. I'm waiting for my cortado, and thus douche bag comes walking in with his mouth wide open yawning like he's at home. Disgusting. I just looked at him like how uncivilized are you. Thank God my drink came right away, but people are becoming ruder by the day here. With the temperatures being all over the place, I'm just glad that I haven't been sick. So important to stay on top of the weather, eat well and sleep.
The insanity - I don't understand. I was in the fake Whole Foods this Saturday and sure enough, there was a guy standing by the prepackaged smoked meats. All I heard was this disgusting loud cough, I promptly covered my mouth and nose with my scarf. He went at it for at least two more coughs. I just looked at him as I walked away. I'm sure he was embarrassed but I doubt enough to stop.

Kinda makes me nervous now, you know picking up produce, like who touched it before you, where were their hands?

Old 02-04-2019, 11:29 AM

I was on the ground floor with a couple waiting for our elevator. She sounded like she had whooping cough. Two elevators came...I was going UP and she was going into the basement. Huzzah.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:35 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
The insanity - I don't understand. I was in the fake Whole Foods this Saturday and sure enough, there was a guy standing by the prepackaged smoked meats. All I heard was this disgusting loud cough, I promptly covered my mouth and nose with my scarf. He went at it for at least two more coughs. I just looked at him as I walked away. I'm sure he was embarrassed but I doubt enough to stop.

Kinda makes me nervous now, you know picking up produce, like who touched it before you, where were their hands?
LMAO... Fake Whole Foods... Went to a few Whole Foods over the weekend to stock up on some things since they were having sales here and there and both were like zoos. I try to get in and out before the stay-at-time baby carriage Tribeca and Upper East Side moms come in stampeding the place with their brats, but that depends on how early I can drag myself out of bed, and the colder it is on weekends, the harder that is to do. Was deciding on organic maple syrup, and suddenly the aisle I was in was like a mob scene.
You just reminded me though... I bought some organic honey crisp apples. They're in the fridge. They need to be rinsed before I use them in my salads. People are disgusting, and yes, I find it disturbing with people coughing up a lung and not covering their mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I was on the ground floor with a couple waiting for our elevator. She sounded like she had whooping cough. Two elevators came...I was going UP and she was going into the basement. Huzzah.
Someone in our office was like this and my co-worker was complaining about her coming into her office and coughing all about. She was sick for at least a few weeks. I told her under no circumstances are you to touch the supplies. Just take what is out in the kitchen area that I put out. I don't want her hands touching everything. All of the paper cups and such. No thanks. I keep everything stashed in my office now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: