Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 05:27 AM

596 posts, read 253,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I don’t focus on demographics, that’s the most racist way to view the world of all. You’ll see me as racist regardless, but I don’t care.

If the problem is inherent in those districts, then you identify the problems honestly and aggressively attack them, THERE. You don’t move kids around, purposefully causing animosity and negative effects in those who don’t have issues, to fix a problem that YOU (government, school administrators, teachers, etc) have failed to solve.
I'm indifferent, don't care skimmed anyways you did mention "white flight" in your first post and you did call less privilege kids "trash"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
...We didn’t purchase our homes where we did so that trash can be brought to our schools...
Again idc but yeah trolol its your language if people in 2020 "woke" "SJW" culture might think ur racist. On a serious note most informed people know segregation among public schools is more about class warfare and dividing resources equally which is directly tied to racism. I'm guessing, the idea is that if schools are more diverse the board in charge of budget will be less inclined to cut funding in favor of more affluent districts, make sure a Library exists and not have an English Teacher teach English class for 3 months without any text books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 06:14 AM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Resources should be divided equally regardless, that is a no brainer and an extremely easy fix. If this is not being done, then again, look to those who are in charge and figure out why. I posit that it’s being done on purpose to create the conditions which keep us arguing, giving those same politicians the means to label people like me as a racist.

I didn’t mention “white flight”. My family has been in this general area (4-5 neighborhoods of Staten Island) for over 100 years. We choose to stay here because it is a great place to raise a family. Anyone is welcome here. While not the most diverse, it’s certainly changing. But it is changing DESPITE it’s expensive nature, which is a good thing because ANYONE who purchases a home here has EARNED it. Guess what such a situation filters out: trash. You or anyone else who associates me using that word with race is the one focusing on that topic. Not me.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-12-2020, 06:16 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IForgotMyOldAccount View Post
I'm indifferent, don't care skimmed anyways you did mention "white flight" in your first post and you did call less privilege kids "trash"

Again idc but yeah trolol its your language if people in 2020 "woke" "SJW" culture might think ur racist. On a serious note most informed people know segregation among public schools is more about class warfare and dividing resources equally which is directly tied to racism. I'm guessing, the idea is that if schools are more diverse the board in charge of budget will be less inclined to cut funding in favor of more affluent districts, make sure a Library exists and not have an English Teacher teach English class for 3 months without any text books.
In progressive NYC the school system run by deBlasio and Carranza, I would say that the lower income area schools actually get more funding. So your claim about inequitable funding is not a valid one.

Old 01-12-2020, 06:37 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
In progressive NYC the school system run by deBlasio and Carranza, I would say that the lower income area schools actually get more funding. So your claim about inequitable funding is not a valid one.
Low performing or whatever schools in NYC already get more funding. It isn't what some would like but never the less....

https://www.chalkbeat.org/posts/ny/2...ag-in-funding/

Old 01-12-2020, 07:53 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
You have kids?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-12-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You have kids?
What does it matter?

What I said is true (backed up by the numbers, thanks to Bugsy’s link) whether or not I have or do not have kids.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:06 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,599,527 times
Quote:
This may be true.

But I think in the wealthier areas public school parents contribute a lot to the PTA, supplementing the school funding.

This doesn't happen in the poorer areas.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
This may be true.

But I think in the wealthier areas public school parents contribute a lot to the PTA, supplementing the school funding.

This doesn't happen in the poorer areas.
We’re just trying to come up with all kinds of excuses for the failing black schools. We are all dancing around trying to avoid the delicate topic: race. You can fund the PTA all you want and it would make very little difference.

Just like this latest progressive desegregation experiment. It won’t change a thing except now the failing black students will just fail in a different school district. When the progressives realize that, they’ll blame it on something else and then onto a different experiment we will a-go again.

Last edited by antinimby; 01-12-2020 at 09:24 AM..

Old 01-12-2020, 10:15 AM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times
I’m most concerned with reverse bussing. At that point, it’s not just about the school. Now my kids have to travel to a crappy neighborhood, forced to do so by the government, regardless of the hard work and correct choices I have made in life to keep them away from places like that. As I said earlier, I’d resort to violence before allowing that to happen to my kids.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-12-2020, 10:17 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
We’re just trying to come up with all kinds of excuses for the failing black schools. We are all dancing around trying to avoid the delicate topic: race. You can fund the PTA all you want and it would make very little difference.

Just like this latest progressive desegregation experiment. It won’t change a thing except now the failing black students will just fail in a different school district. When the progressives realize that, they’ll blame it on something else and then onto a different experiment we will a-go again.
Education starts at the home. Black and brown parents need to be responsible for thier children and stop putting reliance on the state. Its that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City