Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 07:50 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times

Advertisements

Similar to the ConEd thread can anyone chime in on their Spectrum bill. I've had enough. In 2014 I was paying $100 now I'm at $215. That is a 115% increase well beyond 30% for even higher than average inflation for Cable plus high speed internet. My salary also increased by 120% but there's not much further I can go up right now. I don't even want the stupid cable package anymore but of course they won't unbundle it and they're a Monopoly in my neighborhood because FIOS flopped over and stopped trying.

Cuomo's feet need to be held to the fire... There's absolutely no reason I should have to pay for a cable TV service I don't use AND to top it all off they keep pitching spectrum wireless. I thought TWC was bad this incarnation is much worse. Feds are concerned about the Sprint T-Mobile merger. What about Spectrum Charter and Comcast? They are the bane of any customer's existence on the Northeast corridor and have got to be put in check.

NY Consumer Protections are cracking down on everything and everyone except for Charter Communications. That lawsuit obviously didn't do jack. They need the sledgehammer taken to the organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2020, 08:01 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,755,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Similar to the ConEd thread can anyone chime in on their Spectrum bill. I've had enough. In 2014 I was paying $100 now I'm at $215. That is a 115% increase well beyond 30% for even higher than average inflation for Cable plus high speed internet. My salary also increased by 120% but there's not much further I can go up right now. I don't even want the stupid cable package anymore but of course they won't unbundle it and they're a Monopoly in my neighborhood because FIOS flopped over and stopped trying.

Cuomo's feet need to be held to the fire... There's absolutely no reason I should have to pay for a cable TV service I don't use AND to top it all off they keep pitching spectrum wireless. I thought TWC was bad this incarnation is much worse. Feds are concerned about the Sprint T-Mobile merger. What about Spectrum Charter and Comcast? They are the bane of any customer's existence on the Northeast corridor and have got to be put in check.

NY Consumer Protections are cracking down on everything and everyone except for Charter Communications. That lawsuit obviously didn't do jack. They need the sledgehammer taken to the organization.
Hence why I cut the cord years ago. Even with a kid who was around 8 at the time, the transition was less than a few weeks. Check out the Mohu Leaf as a digital antenna for broadcast.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Hence why I cut the cord years ago. Even with a kid who was around 8 at the time, the transition was less than a few weeks. Check out the Mohu Leaf as a digital antenna for broadcast.
But what about for actual internet access. That's the problem here. Utilities generally have few options in general for consumers which is why it needs to be regulated.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:45 AM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
I agree. You shouldn’t be forced to take a bundle. Plus the fees are outrageous. I am paying $250 a month now for Internet, cable TV, and one phone line from RCN. Too high! I called and tried to talk them down, and they refused to budge.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:56 AM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Switch to their Internet Only Plan for $49.99/mo
https://www.spectrum.com/internet.html

Get an antenna and place it on the roof, get about 70 free HD channels in the NYC Area

Get a Roku Box to stream Netflix, Hulu, Disney and ESPN

Old 01-20-2020, 09:02 AM

105 posts, read 90,043 times
Quote:
But what about for actual internet access. That's the problem here. Utilities generally have few options in general for consumers which is why it needs to be regulated.
There is no requirement to get cable and phone with internet access. Spectrum has an internet only plan.

Old 01-20-2020, 09:05 AM

34,011 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:

What type of plan do you have?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-20-2020, 10:00 AM

1,110 posts, read 982,206 times
They have a internet and TV bundle for 49.99 a month. who is paying over 100 a month nowadays?

Old 01-20-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosun View Post
There is no requirement to get cable and phone with internet access. Spectrum has an internet only plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
What type of plan do you have?
Now that I remember I have been repeatedly told I would save approximately $0 with an internet only plan.

I attached the statement (personal info omitted) let me know if it's not visible.

I don't watch cable at all anymore only YouTube Hulu Netflix and Crunchyroll/VRV etc. All on demand stuff
Attached Thumbnails
Spectrum Bill 5 a month-screenshot_20200120-115906_gallery.jpg  

Old 01-20-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
They have a internet and TV bundle for 49.99 a month. who is paying over 100 a month nowadays?
This is only for new customers. Expect it to go up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City