Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 06:32 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times

Advertisements

Seeing more peeps lighting up joints in public smelling up the roads with the fumes. Usually near a small subway entrance. The demographics of the smokers seems mostly the same. Some look like they are homeless and they still have the money to buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 06:37 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,520,593 times
Is the smell bothersome to many? Always wondered. To me it smells better than cigarettes

Old 02-16-2020, 06:42 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Is the smell bothersome to many? Always wondered. To me it smells better than cigarettes
It's an inhalant drug bought and sold with the intention of making its abusers 'high.' They heard that it was so-called legal in other parts of the country so automatically assumed it is in NYC too.

It's being crossbred to be more potent, it lowers IQ, and its smokers have not a care in the world about the people around or downwind from them.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
It's an inhalant drug bought and sold with the intention of making its abusers 'high.' They heard that it was so-called legal in other parts of the country so automatically assumed it is in NYC too.

It's being crossbred to be more potent, it lowers IQ, and its smokers have not a care in the world about the people around or downwind from them.
Just curious about if people are irritated by the smell more than cigarettes

Old 02-16-2020, 06:55 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Opinion:
The get together with the boys back in the day after work on the weekends.
A few beers ,shots of whiskey, football or baseball game and some junk food
kept within the confines of a legal establishment of personal recreation.
Marriage and family followed and now everything done in the comfort of my own
home. Pot, once becoming legal belongs in the confines of one's home. You
don't drink alcohol out in the open ,you shouldn't light up out in the open. Anything
else is just an advertisement for stupidity and a citation. Start by respecting yourself
first and everything else will fall into place.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:56 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
I think the smell is equally obnoxious to people who are not users. The smell of pot is much more potent in recent times as the potency is much higher. I used to smell the stuff indoors and it's not as penetrating and not last as long. Today most of these fumes are outdoors and cover such a large area and even when the person is gone. The fumes are still there.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:00 PM

450 posts, read 475,013 times
Get used to it. Weed is a popular political issue. Personally if it's good quality weed I'm not bothered. If it smells bad or if the user is using a flavored wrap it's a minor inconvenience at best. I'd look like an idiot more than anything yelling at someone smoking be it cigarettes or marijuana.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:05 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
Get used to it. Weed is a popular political issue. Personally if it's good quality weed I'm not bothered. If it smells bad or if the user is using a flavored wrap it's a minor inconvenience at best. I'd look like an idiot more than anything yelling at someone smoking be it cigarettes or marijuana.
Excerpt: Get used to it.
Opinion:
How would some of you young adults feel if an old fart like myself sat next to you on a subway or bus wreaking
of old man urine and feces. I don't think it would pan out as a minor convenience. I work to keep my old
body smelling nice so you young adults should do the same at keeping yourselves clean shaven and smelling fresh
instead of walking around unshaven, unkempt, in dirty clothes and smelling of mold and skunk weed.

Old 02-16-2020, 09:26 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,603,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
I honestly don't care, but I think people should be courteous and not smoke where it would be socially unacceptable to smoke a cigarette

I personally prefer the smell of cigarettes, since tobacco is curated to be aromatic, while weed is generally not.

Old 02-16-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
I honestly don't care, but I think people should be courteous and not smoke where it would be socially unacceptable to smoke a cigarette

I personally prefer the smell of cigarettes, since tobacco is curated to be aromatic, while weed is generally not.
That would seem to be a good practice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: