Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 10:56 AM

62 posts, read 36,856 times

Advertisements

How long before scumbags create pogroms against workers who cant afford to wear masks and gloves?

Old 04-06-2020, 11:01 AM

62 posts, read 36,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
These people need to start being arrested and if we need to start using brute force on them then I'm all for it. Why are we constantly hearing about them in the news breaking the law?
Arrest them ? They are impervious to American law. It does not apply to them.

You are constantly hearing about then break the law because they constantly do it. You'll never or rather it is highly unlikely that you hear that they were prosecuted in an American court of law. Follow up on it. Case dismissed more than not.

Putting others at risk because they are above the law

Old 04-06-2020, 11:07 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
What police aren't doing is many markets are just as packed. If you go to Costcos, there are about a few hundred people inside the warehouse. They may not be as packed but we know the virus spreads more than 6' so it's pointless with the social distance guidelines. Everyone mask up.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:12 AM

37,155 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
New York police shut down two Hasidic funerals held for coronavirus deaths

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...navirus-deaths
At the very least they should consider wearing masks.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:16 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
What police aren't doing is many markets are just as packed. If you go to Costcos, there are about a few hundred people inside the warehouse. They may not be as packed but we know the virus spreads more than 6' so it's pointless with the social distance guidelines. Everyone mask up.
Pretty shocking that stores like Costco aren't requiring masks to walk in the front door by now

Old 04-06-2020, 11:17 AM

43,675 posts, read 44,416,401 times
Too many people are dying at once and there is no room left in the morgues and funeral homes:
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nyc-...dLa_P1hIlFNNNc

Old 04-06-2020, 11:18 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Looks like hospitalizations took a huge drop yesterday, like 50%

Seeming more and more like we are peaking. Unfortunately for Cuomo, he's going to look stupid for having built that empty 2500 bed hospital at Javits and getting the Navy ship and begging for so many ventilators we won't come close to needing

Oh and then there's the state that's pretty much going to be bankrupt (he said as much, "We're broke")

Old 04-06-2020, 11:18 AM

961 posts, read 2,504,692 times
...Have made a few posts...thoughtful..I hope..for you downstaters, regarding this crisis. Just a suggestion. If you relocate to wherever upstate, don't become complacent. On Sunday. I had to make a trip to a "big box" hardware store to pick up a valve for the well to my barn. Used one of my masks, plus gloves, that I keep on hand for animal/med issues. While waiting at the 6' mark for my turn to get up to the cashier( behind the lexan shield)..I picked up the downstate accent of 3 guys(all standing together). One turned..looked at me..nudged his buddy. Wether intended to or not, I picked up on the conversation. The one guy tells his buddies that these people up around here are way overreacting to what they see on the tv..the real issues are down in the city. Needless to say..none of the 3 had any protective gear on. If...you do come upstate..don't become complacent. This virus/crisis knows no boundries.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:24 AM

37,155 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Looks like hospitalizations took a huge drop yesterday, like 50%

Seeming more and more like we are peaking. Unfortunately for Cuomo, he's going to look stupid for having built that empty 2500 bed hospital at Javits and getting the Navy ship and begging for so many ventilators we won't come close to needing

Oh and then there's the state that's pretty much going to be bankrupt (he said as much, "We're broke")
We're not guaranteed to know that we're peaking and we still need to explore loosening and then getting rid of the shutdown which might mean new maximas--it's fine to have a bit of extra on reserve and that ship is to some extent mobile.

We've also got Easter and Passover coming on up.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:32 AM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
We're not guaranteed to know that we're peaking and we still need to explore loosening and then getting rid of the shutdown which might mean new maximas--it's fine to have a bit of extra on reserve and that ship is to some extent mobile.
yeah,..I wouldn't be popping any champagne just yet,..lol. When all is said and done, you know there is gonna be a years worth of blame game content filling the headlines. You'll see old but seldom seen , as of late, faces popping up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City