Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2020, 09:57 PM

33 posts, read 26,876 times

Advertisements

honestly I just moved to NYC maybe a month or so ago and have enjoyed my time social distancing and what not. Bought a bike and have been cruising...

Crazy how crossing a bridge from the NJTP costs, like, $10.

Other than that NYC is sick as ****

Old 07-13-2020, 04:12 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B00stM0bil View Post
honestly I just moved to NYC maybe a month or so ago and have enjoyed my time social distancing and what not. Bought a bike and have been cruising...

Curious what made you move to New York City now and where you moved from?

Old 07-13-2020, 11:07 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,913,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaUZE_BOSS View Post
Will i still get a ticket if i don't renew my annual New York Inspection
I haven't seen anything about them starting to enforce that yet. Mine expired June 30, and I waited til July 1 to get it done, just for that extra month of buffer for next year. I also renewed my registration. Figured if I could get it done, I'd rather have it taken care of than not.

Service stations that do inspections were deemed essential and most never closed.

Old 07-13-2020, 08:40 PM

33 posts, read 26,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Curious what made you move to New York City now and where you moved from?
Got a job in Manhattan that still kept me on during this whole Covid thing. Richmond, VA.

Old 07-14-2020, 12:13 PM

6,635 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B00stM0bil View Post

I can't tell if you mean sick as *(&&,..like,..it's awesome,...or is it literally Sick! as in Covid Sick,..lol.

If you like it now,..you gonna love it when we get back to 'normal'.

Old 07-14-2020, 01:37 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I can't tell if you mean sick as *(&&,..like,..it's awesome,...or is it literally Sick! as in Covid Sick,..lol.

If you like it now,..you gonna love it when we get back to 'normal'.
I was thinking the same thing. I went to a favorite bar of mine after finally getting back from Tokyo and it was kinda lame. To think I left all those raves/bars/etc in Shibuya for this... but my gf needs to file some paperwork physically, so it is what it is.

I might just hermit inside until the fall after saying hi to all the people I haven't seen in 4 months.

Old 07-14-2020, 02:10 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
I haven't seen anything about them starting to enforce that yet. Mine expired June 30, and I waited til July 1 to get it done, just for that extra month of buffer for next year. I also renewed my registration. Figured if I could get it done, I'd rather have it taken care of than not.

Service stations that do inspections were deemed essential and most never closed.
Il Duce issued an order preventing tickets from being issued for expired registrations. NYPD is ignoring whatever came out of Albany and writing tickets.

Just a bit of information, do with it what you will....

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...qxm-story.html

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...45u-story.html

Old 07-14-2020, 02:40 PM

So the post office lost my stimulus check or so I thought. It never turned up in my mail box when informed delivery notified me it was coming. Finally got a hold of the IRS in June. Got a letter from them today. Found out the check was cashed. Somewhere after the post office scanning the check it was taken and cashed. Whats scary is they had my signature pretty close.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:05 PM

6,635 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
So the post office lost my stimulus check or so I thought. It never turned up in my mail box when informed delivery notified me it was coming. Finally got a hold of the IRS in June. Got a letter from them today. Found out the check was cashed. Somewhere after the post office scanning the check it was taken and cashed. Whats scary is they had my signature pretty close.
Do those signature tests even do anything? I have been to the grocery many times and depending on the machine, my 'signature' can look like mine, or look like literal chicken scratch. Always accepts.

Can it be traced? Where it was cashed? Security cams and such? Do they not need to show ID?

Old 07-14-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Do those signature tests even do anything? I have been to the grocery many times and depending on the machine, my 'signature' can look like mine, or look like literal chicken scratch. Always accepts.

Can it be traced? Where it was cashed? Security cams and such? Do they not need to show ID?
Ya I'm trying to figure all that out. I know eventually I will get it re-issued. I'm just sad in humanity right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City