Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 05:55 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times

Advertisements

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/19/us/ne...sio/index.html

"I can't stress how dangerous this is for our young people. We're issuing a Cease and Desist Order and will make sure we keep our communities and our kids safe,"

Even though the death rate has been 0.006% with 9 deaths in total and 6 with underlying health conditions. Its not to mitigate the losses of children at all but geez, this guy really doesn't know what he's talking about.

Yeah, I know him and the governor are grasping at straws with the "Kawasaki syndrome" but gimme a break.

What they should do is conduct a study on thee students and see how many of them have gotten infected, how severe the symptoms are etc.

Also, with the millions of kids we have in the school system between NYC and Westchester, with the amount of time this virus has been floating around (since January or longer), we would have seen a significant amount of kids and teenagers falling severely ill and/or falling victim to this virus at just as high of a rate as elderly.

I'm telling you, they are really, REALLY reaching here.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:11 AM

7,361 posts, read 4,146,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post

"I can't stress how dangerous this is for our young people. We're issuing a Cease and Desist Order and will make sure we keep our communities and our kids safe,"

Even though the death rate has been 0.006% with 9 deaths in total and 6 with underlying health conditions. Its not to mitigate the losses of children at all but geez, this guy really doesn't know what he's talking about.

Yeah, I know him and the governor are grasping at straws with the "Kawasaki syndrome" but gimme a break.

What they should do is conduct a study on thee students and see how many of them have gotten infected, how severe the symptoms are etc.

Also, with the millions of kids we have in the school system between NYC and Westchester, with the amount of time this virus has been floating around (since January or longer), we would have seen a significant amount of kids and teenagers falling severely ill and/or falling victim to this virus at just as high of a rate as elderly.

Not saying the decision to shut schools was right or wrong. Just saying the decision was made and everyone needs to comply.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:42 AM

278 posts, read 140,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post

So you WANT them to get the virus? Why are you all so hell bent on hating EVERY decision he makes?

Old 05-20-2020, 08:48 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
If all schools are shut state wide by order of the Governor why should religious based ones be exempted especially in a community that has been hit so hard already due to none-compliance?

Old 05-20-2020, 09:40 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
I invite anybody who comes on C-D to bash the Mayor to personally write an email to City Hall stating their opinions and share it with us. Everyday it's I hate the Mayor this I hate the Mayor that. It's a broken record.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-20-2020, 03:00 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Such a non-thread, are you really complaining that the NYPD shut down a school breaking the rules that every other school is following?

Sorry, you're not special. The rules apply to everyone

Old 05-20-2020, 04:40 PM

874 posts, read 729,138 times
corona virus has turned deblassio into a mini dictator

Old 05-20-2020, 05:06 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
I thought the Mayor didn't even have the authority to shut schools and the Governor did, how quickly we forget that one

These threads r getting Lame, more unfounded shots at HizzRedSoxFan

"Cuomo first ordered all schools in the state closed on March 18 for two weeks to stem the virus.

He later expanded that executive order to continue through April 29, at which point the shutdown would be re-evaluated."

https://nypost.com/2020/04/11/cuomo-...chools-closed/

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-21-2020, 04:31 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:

Mayor Rudolph Giuliani ( our 107th mayor ) would have done a better job as a leader.
This is a video early on in the progress of the virus but listen closely to every word
and compare to the topics the news is covering now ...................

Bipartisan cooperation early on worked well.....too bad the N.Y. politicians took another stance.....stretching out the timeline............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMtcKGmBPNg

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 05-21-2020 at 04:41 AM..

Old 05-21-2020, 09:42 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,168,005 times
Remember when he made a threat to 'permanently' close churches!! https://www.christianpost.com/news/e...rus-order.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City