Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:31 AM

67 posts, read 352,967 times

Advertisements

There is Mo Gridder's in Hunt Points - BBQ Ribs!

I like G-bar (same owner of Tosca), they have great entrees. I don't drink anymore so never been to Bruckner Grill, but I do hear that they have great open mic/live perfomances.

Have you checked out Chow.com? People always mention some of the Bronx secret eateries. There's also eatingintranslation.com, click to Bronx section. It has lots of pictures of the entrees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 10:07 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,000,933 times
That is helpful....thanks for the great tip. Bruckner Bar & grill is not just a bar, they serve food too....its actually pretty decent!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:26 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
G-Bar is really nice. They even have a Sunday brunch there. They also have open mics during the week. It's a really nice place. They don't have a happy hour as far as I know for some strange reason. Food is very good. Nice place to bring a girl.

Montezuma is nice too. Food's okay, nothing special. It's Americanized Mexican. But the place is nice and it's a good place to hang.

Around P'Chester. Step-In's is like a Diner/Bar. The bar makes good drinks. The crowd gets a little too ghetto sometimes. Sorry but it's the truth. LOL. But's it's a decent place to have a few drinks, or get something to eat late if your around there. I've heard Willie's Steakhouse is really nice, but that it's like an old people hangout. Lol.

I'm definitely gonna check out Bruckner bar when I can.

What about all these bars in Woodlawn I've heard so much about? Anyone familiar?

Old 05-02-2008, 02:27 PM

473 posts, read 1,670,277 times
Guy - I haven't been to BB&G since the fall ....How is it doing now picking up? what are the crowds like?

Cue "lounge" - pool + bar - fairly priced drinks - gunhill b/n boston rd & laconia
Soulful - eastchester & gunhill - good food

or you can try the assortment of jamaican "restaurants" on white plains rd - gunhill and up

Old 05-02-2008, 02:49 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,000,933 times
It is still going strong....the happy hour is still great and the food is much better!

Old 05-02-2008, 05:11 PM

34,015 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
Guy - I haven't been to BB&G since the fall ....How is it doing now picking up? what are the crowds like?

Cue "lounge" - pool + bar - fairly priced drinks - gunhill b/n boston rd & laconia
Soulful - eastchester & gunhill - good food

or you can try the assortment of jamaican "restaurants" on white plains rd - gunhill and up
Cue lounge? is that up the block from the dunkin donuts?

if it is i've been there before and i didnt like. too ghetto for me, even though im from the ghetto myself. but to each his own i aint knockin u.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-02-2008, 05:12 PM

34,015 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Interesting...I may stop in in that case..I typically avoid the area due to the Yankee fans..but now that the entire area is being redeveloped and they are opening up the waterfront..I will be there much more.
there's also a new place directly across the street....its a bistro or something i think...either way it looks totally out of place with the area...maybe u could stop in there 2.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-03-2008, 12:07 PM

473 posts, read 1,670,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Cue lounge? is that up the block from the dunkin donuts?

if it is i've been there before and i didnt like. too ghetto for me, even though im from the ghetto myself. but to each his own i aint knockin u.
ha ha 7th, it is and I have to query you on how you know the X so well when you're from far away far rockaway.......

Here's the secret to cue lounge - During the usual weekday afterwork hours from 6.30 to about 10/11, the crowd is decent with no thugaboos. After midnight forget it -
Weekends varry from what i've seen but it's pretty spot on during the week. so you're partially right....

Are there any bike fanatics here? the TourDeBronx registration is open you better get signed up.....

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this - The bronx museum has a free event every first friday - in addition to many others during the month. You can check their website for more info

Old 05-04-2008, 12:35 AM

96 posts, read 407,323 times
I was in riverdale, on like 238th and riverdale ave this weekend, it was a confusing name, but small bar with celtic music. Awesome.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:22 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,365,289 times
An Beal Bocht Cafe? Welcome to The An Beal Bocht Cafe , Food , Drinks, Music, and Fun Never been there, but I've heard good things about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowloris View Post
I was in riverdale, on like 238th and riverdale ave this weekend, it was a confusing name, but small bar with celtic music. Awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City