Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 12:30 PM

34,174 posts, read 47,434,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Well when you book a ticket for a flight now a days they know the rules. So if they have an issue wearing a mask on a flight, they really have no business flying on a commercial plane at this time. So I think it's arrogance and entitlement, were someone thinks the rules don't apply to them.
You say arrogance and entitlement, I say mental illness.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 12:33 PM

5,756 posts, read 2,654,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You say arrogance and entitlement, I say mental illness.
When you get your License and meet individually with said people then let me know your diagnosis.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
When you get your License and meet individually with said people then let me know your diagnosis.
You have a skewed perception of what mental illness actually is. What you've learned in life is to connect mental illness to mental disorders. It's much simpler than that. Let's say one day you're washing dishes, and you drop your favorite dish and break it, so you're sad. In that moment, you're mentally ill, as in you don't mentally feel well. Same thing as a tummy ache. Prolonged sadness can be a sign of the mental disorder which you know as depression. That's the difference.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
You have a skewed perception of what mental illness actually is. What you've learned in life is to connect mental illness to mental disorders. It's much simpler than that. Let's say one day you're washing dishes, and you drop your favorite dish and break it, so you're sad. In that moment, you're mentally ill, as in you don't mentally feel well. Same thing as a tummy ache.
Actually no I don't. I studied it.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Actually no I don't. I studied it.
You studied it, and don't agree that sadness is a sign of mental illness?

Old 03-18-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
You studied it, and don't agree that sadness is a sign of mental illness?
I don't agree with you saying someone has a mental illness because they don't wear a mask. Again when you get your degree and license and actually meet with these people one on one for a while, then you can go ahead and make you decision.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I don't agree with you saying someone has a mental illness because they don't wear a mask. Again when you get your degree and license and actually meet with these people one on one for a while, then you can go ahead and make you decision.
The irony is that if I was a therapist, I would not see them unless they had on a mask

Bwahaha

They can do video if they want.

But if the MTA tells you you need to wear a mask, and you boldly get on public transportation without one, you have a problem. And its mental. You're telling me you don't sideye anybody on public transportation who does not wear a mask?

Old 03-18-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
The irony is that if I was a therapist, I would not see them unless they had on a mask

Bwahaha

They can do video if they want.

But if the MTA tells you you need to wear a mask, and you boldly get on public transportation without one, you have a problem. And its mental. You're telling me you don't sideye anybody on public transportation who does not wear a mask?
Well most therapists have been doing video calls for the last year.
So you wouldn't be put in a position on having to deal with them not wearing the mask for the appointment. But the question would be, would they wear it to come to an in person appointment. Perhaps they would.

Regarding the subway, If I have a choice yes I will sit next to someone with a mask on. However if they take it off or someone comes and sit downs next to me without a mask on, its out of my control. I can either get up or deal with it.
When someone next to me wearing a mask, took it down to sneeze in the air. I did say disgusting and got up to stand. That's just bad manors.... covid, before covid, after covid.

Old 03-18-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Well most therapists have been doing video calls for the last year.
So you wouldn't be put in a position on having to deal with them not wearing the mask for the appointment. But the question would be, would they wear it to come to an in person appointment. Perhaps they would.

Regarding the subway, If I have a choice yes I will sit next to someone with a mask on. However if they take it off or someone comes and sit downs next to me without a mask on, its out of my control. I can either get up or deal with it.
When someone next to me wearing a mask, took it down to sneeze in the air. I did say disgusting and got up to stand. That's just bad manors.... covid, before covid, after covid.
Covid is deteriorating people's mental state. For all you know he could have been one of the most personable people before Covid, and the pandemic made him snap to the point where he doesn't care anymore and sneezed sans mask just because. So if people want to do mentally ill s--t I will call it like I see it. I see plenty of people acting loopy in the streets doing similar stuff for whatever reason, it's quite perplexing but I get it.

Old 03-18-2021, 01:22 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
Quote:
He had heart problems. Probably induced from taking steroids!

Colds and flus will aggravate any underlying health problems. This has always been the case. Pointing one so called healthy person of how covid killed them (even though millions upon millions upon millions of people caught it and were able to recover) is like pointing another so called healthy person dying from the vaccine itself even though thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people have taken the vaccine with no problem

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-vaccine.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: