Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 06:45 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,783,652 times

Advertisements

I was thinking the guy was going to get jumped
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 06:54 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,101,462 times
Masks dont protect the person wearing them. They are supposed to help protect other people if the person wearing it sneezes or coughs. When we cough without a mask, the droplets can travel up to 12 ft.

When we cough with a mask not all droplets are contained within it, but it severely restricts the distance those droplets can travel.

Masks can harm the person wearing them. Breathing your own carbon dioxide for long periods of time can raise your blood pressure and even give you a stroke.

Should we wear a mask? Yes.

Should we completely lose our minds if we see someone who isnt wearing a mask? No, but it would probably be wise to remember social distancing, and move away from them. Even with a mask, you still need to maintain a distance, If you are within a couple feet of someone else with a mask, neither one of you are really protected.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Masks dont protect the person wearing them. They are supposed to help protect other people if the person wearing it sneezes or coughs. When we cough without a mask, the droplets can travel up to 12 ft.

When we cough with a mask not all droplets are contained within it, but it severely restricts the distance those droplets can travel.

Masks can harm the person wearing them. Breathing your own carbon dioxide for long period of time can raise your blood pressure and even give you a stroke.

Should we completely lose our minds if we see someone who isnt? No, but it would probably be wise to remember social distancing, and move away from them. Even with a mask, you still need to maintain a distance, If you are within a couple feet of someone else with a mask, neither one of you are really protected.
I only want to know why they are not masked up like me if I see someone with a mask not that I fear getting sick

Old 03-07-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I only want to know why they are not masked up like me if I see someone with a mask not that I fear getting sick
You could get sick trying to find out why they are not masked up like you. If you fear getting sick, move 12 feet away from them, and six feet away from people who are masked up like you.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
You could get sick trying to find out why they are not masked up like you. If you fear getting sick, move 12 feet away from them, and six feet away from people who are masked up like you.
No im saying that I am questioning why they are not wearing one like me not that I am wondering why because I feel they will make me get sick. I feel like if I have to be aggravated with a mask on then everyone should

Old 03-07-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
No im saying that I am questioning why they are not wearing one like me not that I am wondering why because I feel they will make me get sick. I feel like if I have to be aggravated with a mask on then everyone should
No, Im saying that if you are not at least 12 feet away from them, it doesnt matter if you have to be aggravated with a mask on.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:50 PM

32,117 posts, read 27,363,904 times
It's coming, one day someone or people are going to jump on the wrong person about not wearing a mask, then *KaBOOM* he or she goes off! Glock, knife, sword.....something is going to happen that takes a whole lot of nosy people out.

Someone not wearing a mask? Move away from them, it's just that simple.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:00 PM

12,793 posts, read 8,400,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
It's coming, one day someone or people are going to jump on the wrong person about not wearing a mask, then *KaBOOM* he or she goes off! Glock, knife, sword.....something is going to happen that takes a whole lot of nosy people out.

Someone not wearing a mask? Move away from them, it's just that simple.
Hence why I don't take the subway. Way too many people unmasked for my taste.

Old 03-07-2021, 11:32 PM

19,110 posts, read 12,826,482 times
That guy is going to be me in a few weeks

Old 03-08-2021, 01:15 AM

3,367 posts, read 1,260,875 times
Quote:

Masks can harm the person wearing them. Breathing your own carbon dioxide for long periods of time can raise your blood pressure and even give you a stroke.

Should we completely lose our minds if we see someone who isnt wearing a mask? No, but it would probably be wise to remember social distancing, and move away from them. Even with a mask, you still need to maintain a distance, If you are within a couple feet of someone else with a mask, neither one of you are really protected.
i agree with this.
yes he should have worn a mask but arguing isn't goin to change his mind.
what makes no sense is the person arguing with him who gets about two feet away from him. if you're that worried about him getting you sick don't go close to him to argue it makes no sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: