Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 02:36 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,067 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hO-...ature=emb_logo

picture of man:

https://cms.prod.nypr.digital/images.../fill-661x496/

https://gothamist.com/news/video-sho...wear-face-mask

The incident happened aboard a Queens-bound J train while crossing the Williamsburg Bridge around 11:40 p.m. on Wednesday. "I witnessed him refuse three people offering him a mask to wear, then proceed to cough in his hand and touch the subway poles next to him," said Toby Medlyn, who took the video. "At that point, I decided to call him out after seeing his refusal and blatant disregard of public safety."

As you can see in the video below, the man denies every entreaty to just wear a mask. "I live by my principles," he said. "It's the little things that diminish your soul. I don't wear a muzzle."

Old 11-05-2020, 03:29 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,088,530 times
When I play it on my iPad I hear the audio but the video is a black screen. I tried it on youtube and get the audio but still no video but with a white screen. Every other YouTube video plays fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 03:33 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
When I play it on my iPad I hear the audio but the video is a black screen. I tried it on youtube and get the audio but still no video but with a white screen. Every other YouTube video plays fine.
I just double checked the link and it works for me.

try going to youtube

type this with quotes in the search >>

"Subway Riders Try To Persuade One Self-Described "Special" Man To Wear A Face Mask"

Old 11-05-2020, 04:06 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
I'm surprised that many people got in on the argument. I'm not riding the subway much, maybe 2 to 3 round trips a week, but I see people without masks quite a bit (like at least one in every car I'm in). I would never ask the person to wear a mask because I'm assuming if they're inconsiderate enough not to wear one in the first place, my asking them to is only going to have negative repercussions for me!

Everyone knows by this time they're supposed to wear a mask, so if they're not wearing one, it's deliberate.

Kind of like seeing someone spit on the street and telling them not to...most likely not going to have great results.

Old 11-05-2020, 04:36 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,088,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
I just double checked the link and it works for me.

try going to youtube

type this with quotes in the search >>

"Subway Riders Try To Persuade One Self-Described "Special" Man To Wear A Face Mask"
It works on my laptop but not on my iPad. Weird.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:06 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I'm surprised that many people got in on the argument. I'm not riding the subway much, maybe 2 to 3 round trips a week, but I see people without masks quite a bit (like at least one in every car I'm in). I would never ask the person to wear a mask because I'm assuming if they're inconsiderate enough not to wear one in the first place, my asking them to is only going to have negative repercussions for me!

Everyone knows by this time they're supposed to wear a mask, so if they're not wearing one, it's deliberate.

Kind of like seeing someone spit on the street and telling them not to...most likely not going to have great results.
I agree. You cant convince some people of certain things , no matter how hard you try. Most riders wear masks. I will just wear mine and try to keep distance from those not wearing.

We are all tired of it, but its just the way it is now.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:29 PM

5,687 posts, read 2,615,888 times
New Yorkers are so lucky to have free entertainment everywhere they go.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:19 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,368,700 times
Quote:

picture of man:

The incident happened aboard a Queens-bound J train while crossing the Williamsburg Bridge around 11:40 p.m. on Wednesday. "I witnessed him refuse three people offering him a mask to wear, then proceed to cough in his hand and touch the subway poles next to him," said Toby Medlyn, who took the video. "At that point, I decided to call him out after seeing his refusal and blatant disregard of public safety."

As you can see in the video below, the man denies every entreaty to just wear a mask. "I live by my principles," he said. "It's the little things that diminish your soul. I don't wear a muzzle."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post

I just ignore them because most who don't wear one look like they are looking for trouble. If I don't feel comfortable, I leave the area if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post

Hmm...I dunno. It's kind of 50/50 now for me.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:33 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
LoL

I couldn't watch the whole video

But IMO little babies need attention

I'm telling you the transplants ruined this city but it wasn't even their fault really, they just ain't know any better.

Ppl are just greedy man. Took advantage of these rural people who know nothing about living in a New York City apartment, or what to expect.

1% got everybody like a Yo-Yo

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-05-2020, 08:41 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:

picture of man:

Response: Opinion

I personally believe in wearing a mask for my protection but will not engage any person who doesn't.
They are only putting themselves at risk ( a coin toss only ) for coming down with this terrible and possibly deadly virus.

I don't like folks smoking pot around me ( and smell it all the time on subways )
Should I raise my voice at them and tell them their clothes wreak in the
same manner the people raised their voice at this mask less person?

Drinking alcohol,smoking cigarettes and shooting dope is illegal
and can eventually kill you...........
yet I always run into folks drunk,stoned or high on trains.
Bunch of hypocrites........

Is there a sign posted " No masks means No entry on trains? "
If there are why aren't they being enforced?

No one person has the right to tell him what to do.
It is not my LAW. It is not your LAW. It is not the LAW.

People should mind their own Flock&Business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: