Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 05:38 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,605,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yeah. I'm thinking extending the curfew (or abolish it altogether) will guarantee that the patrons would come in at more staggered hours & not bunched up altogether in order to beat closing time. I know myself and other night owl friends would prefer to dine out later in the evening. I don't get Cuomo's reasoning in all this.
Right. The bars in Brooklyn I've been to are packed in the evening when that used to be the slow time compared to night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 10:06 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,369,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Call me when we can sit at the bar.
What?!?! We can't sit at the bar and have quick access?! Just kidding. Don't drink really but not nice feeling like a child with all these gd curfews.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:12 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,550,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
What?!?! We can't sit at the bar and have quick access?! Just kidding. Don't drink really but not nice feeling like a child with all these gd curfews.
Haha. As a loner, I rarely sit at a table, always eat dinner at the bar, watch a game, read the paper, do some writing, chat with the bartender or just contemplate the universe. Always go for a drink after the theater or a night out listening to music. I don't know when we'll be able to do any of that again .

Old 04-15-2021, 10:20 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,369,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Haha. As a loner, I rarely sit at a table, always eat dinner at the bar, watch a game, read the paper, do some writing, chat with the bartender or just contemplate the universe. Always go for a drink after the theater or a night out listening to music. I don't know when we'll be able to do any of that again .
That sounds like me. I dunno what I'd do without a smartphone but then again, maybe people would be more willing to talk in bars without one. I find it easier to socialize with others when a friend comes along. But yeah, I feel u on the loner thing.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:22 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,550,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
That sounds like me. I dunno what I'd do without a smartphone but then again, maybe people would be more willing to talk in bars without one. I find it easier to socialize with others when a friend comes along. But yeah, I feel u on the loner thing.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:59 AM

10,083 posts, read 14,463,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Governor Cuomo allows NYC restaurants to stay open until midnight starting April 19.
There shouldn't be a curfew at all.

https://www.amny.com/coronavirus/gov...ting-april-19/
This is great though! Slowly but surely nightlife and restaurant/bars are coming back.

I love to see it. I would estimate by June/July at the latest, we'll see the subway back to 24/7 service.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:17 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,772,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
This is great though! Slowly but surely nightlife and restaurant/bars are coming back.

I love to see it. I would estimate by June/July at the latest, we'll see the subway back to 24/7 service.
From your mouth to God's ears. I hope so. I'm going kind of stir crazy.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:22 AM

3,672 posts, read 2,753,407 times
I’m also a sit at the bar guy. Unless I’m out to dinner with the wife. Restaurants and bar are packed up here in Hamilton Heights. These places are going to make bank once they can fully open. Some of them have doubled their space with the now permanently added additional outdoor seating. The weakest restaurants were weeded out. Rents are down. Good time to open a bar!

Let’s pool our money and open a CD bar somewhere. All CD members get a discount. Lol

Old 04-15-2021, 06:24 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,772,398 times
Critics say Cuomo’s curfew changes are arbitrary. No kidding. I've been saying this from the beginning.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

Starting next week, restaurants and bars can stay open one hour later, but must continue to comply with COVID-19 restrictions such as limiting capacity, and requiring customers to purchase food with drinks.

“We are going to extend the 11 p.m. curfew for food and beverage to midnight. That will go into effect this Monday, April 19,” Governor Andrew Cuomo said at the briefing.

But critics say the rules don’t seem to be based on any sound science.

The Democratic state egislature has the ability to overturn the governor’s curfew, but has shown no interest in doing so. Drat.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:43 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
NY is a dictatorship. No one cares though.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City