Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2021, 09:28 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah - And even don't get me started on how common seemingly benign Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria, which are everywhere and persist at low levels in the lung often team up opportunistically with viruses to take you down. (Much to their disadvantage, a dead host is a dead end)

This is why pneumonia is the leading killer of the elderly. It sits around waiting for a virus to preoccupy your immune system and then proliferates. On top of it they have evolved to stimulate histamine, c-reactive protein and other inflammatory proteins to alter ACE 2 receptors to make it easier for viruses to adhere to your cells.

It is a quid pro quo symbiotic relationship. This is why antibiotics help some COVID patients. Suppressing the pneumonia causing bacteria frees up resources to fight the virus.

The fact remains you're usually fighting 2-3 different things at once not just COVID. Keeping the mask on blunts not only COVID but common pneumonia causing bacteria we fight off everyday.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:47 AM

12,790 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Who is forbidding anything? Just stating facts.
I agree with Kefir. I don't wear a mask now unless it is required, and I am tired of both extremes... Sick of the people walking around with masks on acting like everyone is diseased and the world is coming to an end, but I'm also sick of the people that go on and on about who is wearing a mask. I had a woman look at me with scorn OUTSIDE because I was maskless. I told her to get over herself. Some of this is just people acting like they are superior and making the masks political when it shouldn't be. If everyone is following the science, then the COVID rates are low and there should be nothing wrong with following the CDC guidelines and just wearing a mask inside with large crowds or where required. I thought we got vaccinated for a reason, not to continue to live in fear.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I thought we got vaccinated for a reason, not to continue to live in fear.
No fear required. If you want to minimize cold, flu and COVID get vaccinated and wear a mask. If you don't care then don't do it.

An additional 200k Americans died because people didn't care enough and still traveled for the Holidays.

I don't care about whether people care or not - I only live by probabilities and statistics. The only things I "care" about is the science, the data, the numbers. That's how I live my life, everyone can live theirs by a prayer or bravado, etc whatever. It's a free country and none of my concern at the end of the day. I'll continue doing what works best for me.

Old 06-28-2021, 10:41 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
No fear required. If you want to minimize cold, flu and COVID get vaccinated and wear a mask. If you don't care then don't do it.

An additional 200k Americans died because people didn't care enough and still traveled for the Holidays.

I don't care about whether people care or not - I only live by probabilities and statistics. The only things I "care" about is the science, the data, the numbers. That's how I live my life, everyone can live theirs by a prayer or bravado, etc whatever. It's a free country and none of my concern at the end of the day. I'll continue doing what works best for me.
so there would have been 0 covid deaths early this year if people didn't travel for the holidays?

the science and data say don't wear a mask outside especially if you're vacinnated.

Old 06-28-2021, 02:20 PM

3,497 posts, read 1,412,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post

After getting vaccinated, your chances of dying from Covid are slim to none. So yeah, I don't care anymore. So no more masks for me...

Old 06-28-2021, 04:03 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
There was never any danger from catching covid outside, even before vaccines.

Old 06-28-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
After getting vaccinated, your chances of dying from Covid are slim to none. So yeah, I don't care anymore. So no more masks for me...
Good for you. It's a personal choice. So why do you insist on dictating what others should do with their personal health?

Old 06-28-2021, 05:40 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times
Yeah lots of sane not mentally ill people here being interviewed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLwScoOoYM

Old 06-28-2021, 05:46 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post

Newsflash your chances of dying from covid before vaccinated was slim to none.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:09 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I agree with Kefir. I don't wear a mask now unless it is required, and I am tired of both extremes...
I agree. Both sides should just lighten up and let others be. Jeesh. Don't they have other more pressing things to get all in a tizzy about. It's too hot to act so fussy. But...! Have to say, taking the subway today it was pleasantly nice & cool & uneventful. I'll take that.

Btw, I can't keep up. Are masks still required on the subways? I know in my bldg, masks are still required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: