Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 11:09 AM

20,368 posts, read 19,987,997 times

Advertisements

Quick question - why only private sector workers and not public workers also?

How does that make sense?

Old 12-31-2021, 12:14 PM

15,882 posts, read 14,538,304 times
Who said anything about it having to make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Old 12-31-2021, 12:49 PM

1,038 posts, read 678,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Don’t want to. Which should be my right.

The vaccines are basically useless anyway. IMO. I don’t appreciate politicians telling me what to do with my health.
You had to get vaccinated when you were a child in order to attend school, unless you had serious medical condition. The reason for the covid vaccination is to prevent you from getting on life support / hospitalized. Do you get it now?

Old 12-31-2021, 12:51 PM

1,038 posts, read 678,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Please do some research before you post, because it doesn't add anything useful to the conversation. It is a well published fact that the public NYC workers ( you are posting in NYC forum) were mandated to be vaccinated. Currently 95% are.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:57 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,510,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
You had to get vaccinated when you were a child in order to attend school, unless you had serious medical condition. The reason for the covid vaccination is to prevent you from getting on life support / hospitalized. Do you get it now?
Those vaccines worked.

Old 12-31-2021, 01:11 PM

621 posts, read 242,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Because I know a hand full of people who got side effects from a vaccine like joint pain for starters.
I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that your handful of people don’ doesn’t eclipse the number who died from Covid or who are long haulers. Make it make sense.

Old 12-31-2021, 01:15 PM

621 posts, read 242,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Being vaccinated does not stop one from spreading the virus.

My family member came down with Covid and now Omicron and
is a nursing home resident in which only those vaccinated are
permitted entry.

I am not vaccinated and not allowed entry in almost two years.

I think the best solution to mandates is practice social distancing,wearing face masks and washing constantly.

Covid does not discern between the vaccinated or not.
It goes after the vulnerable.

Reduce your vulnerability!
Best wishes.
I never said the vax prevented anyone from getting COVID. WHat I’m saying is that if enough people were vaxed, there wouldn’t be a need for a mandate. Similar to your experience, a family member caught COVID in spite of the vax. They’re now a long hauler without taste or smell. The point is that mandates are unnecessary if people would just stop trying to play scientists.

Old 12-31-2021, 01:25 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,163,695 times
Quote:

So then the Covid vaccines are not a true vaccines. The polio vaccine is a true vaccine, it prevents you from ever getting polio. See the difference??

Old 12-31-2021, 02:37 PM

13,515 posts, read 17,067,204 times
Quote:
Wrong. You had to be vaccinated so that you wouldn't spread and therefore propagate those diseases. Omicron completely removed any rational defense of that reasoning behind covid vaccine mandates. Omicron came to the United States in vaccinated people and dozens of vaccinated people I know are now positive and symptomatic.

Old 12-31-2021, 02:42 PM

13,515 posts, read 17,067,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
I never said the vax prevented anyone from getting COVID. WHat I’m saying is that if enough people were vaxed, there wouldn’t be a need for a mandate. Similar to your experience, a family member caught COVID in spite of the vax. They’re now a long hauler without taste or smell. The point is that mandates are unnecessary if people would just stop trying to play scientists.
I'm in an area where something like 90% of adults are vaccinated and we are flooded with cases in vaccinated people. The vaccines don't stop the virus from spreading, and certainly not in the way people like Fauci claimed they would last year. People are tired of the experts being wrong yet inisiting that THIS time they are right and anyone questioning them should be punished and ostracized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: