Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 06:37 AM
PVW

287 posts, read 165,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
This is a big factor also. It does not prevent attacks but being aware of possibly being followed, or looking at somone and getting that feeling of danger can save a life. Just having a few seconds of preparation vs being ambushed can mean escaping or fighting back well enough where they get discouraged.

The next part is dealing with the problem of crininals and mentally ill more directly. The number of all this going on is far too much for any city.
From the story it seems she walked into her building and didn't check to see that it closed behind her. The murderer slipped in behind her and followed her, ambushing her once she opened her apartment door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 06:45 AM
PVW

287 posts, read 165,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppressedracist View Post
I never once mentioned Asian men and Black women. I'm referring to the likes of the suspect.

When I do mention it, "White on White crime" statistics are expressed which I'm not debating, however I have a higher chance of being a victim to an attack where the suspect and I have similarities - and that strikes a nerve.

The true individuals within the Black community that should address these issues often don't and the ones that do, rather than take accountability the blame is shifted elsewhere.

However, I do know of several small advocacy groups and community programs that have but receive no support within their communities - if I recall members were attacked during a gun-violence meet.

Personally, I've been condemned and ridiculed for trying to speak out against it because "I was raised in a two parent home and never had to struggle (privileged)".

It makes no sense.
I agree, 100%, their whole definition of privileged is ridiculous, but that shows how warped and upside down their world view is.

Having a two parent home is a basic reality, that is how the overwhelming majority of people throughout the world come into this world. They have two parents, and so to claim that having two parents is a privilege just shows how crazy they are.

As for struggling, everyone has had struggles and crises at some point, regardless of their family upbringing.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:23 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,034,942 times
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...red-skull.html

Liberal cities are poison. Last week in Seattle Downtown, some homeless black guy out of the blue cracked an Asian woman’s skull with a baseball bat. The Seattle Times barely reported it. I had to get all the facts from DailyMail which is a British tabloid.

There are many non-liberal Asians in NYC. The issue is they don't tend to speak up due to language problems. They are the small business owners who face crime on a daily basis or live w/constant exposure to street life vermin.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:43 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,043,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVW View Post
From the story it seems she walked into her building and didn't check to see that it closed behind her. The murderer slipped in behind her and followed her, ambushing her once she opened her apartment door.
She wounded up in the bathtub. I wonder if she ran there afraid.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:45 AM

2,606 posts, read 3,406,498 times
He'll be out in a few hours after he's been fed a warm lunch and given Mets tickets. Just remember NYC residents, you voted in this administration so you are responsible for this mess.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:20 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,776,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVW View Post
Yeah. Always check to see if someone's following you from behind. I've changed courses when I felt someone was trying to sneak into the bldg behind me but... I wonder in this case since it was the dead of night what could she do if she saw he was following her. When I was followed there was a 24 hour deli near my apt that I was able to duck into until the danger passed. What can you do if someone's following you in the dead of night and everything is closed. Scream bloody murder? Scream fire? Try to out-run him? No wonder people carry pepper spray.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:29 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,776,235 times
Outrage and shock after Chinatown woman found fatally stabbed in her home, suspect arrested

https://www.amny.com/new-york/manhat...side-standoff/

Charges are pending against a man accused of stabbing a 35-year-old woman to death in Chinatown Sunday morning.

Police made the gruesome discovery of Christina Yuna Lee’s body after engaging in a brief standoff with the suspect. Citing preliminary information, sources familiar with the case said, it’s believed the suspect had previously followed the victim into her Chrystie Street apartment. It’s not clear, however, whether she knew her attacker.

A motive for the stabbing is also unknown at this time, law enforcement sources said — but it prompted outrage from Mayor Eric Adams and others across the city.

“I and New Yorkers across the city mourn for the innocent woman murdered in her home last night in Chinatown and stand with our Asian brothers and sisters today,” Adams said in a Sunday statement. “The NYPD is investigating this horrific incident, and I thank them for apprehending the suspect. While the suspect who committed this heinous act is now in custody, the conditions that created him remain. The mission of this administration is clear: We won’t let this violence go unchecked.”

Old 02-14-2022, 10:36 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,034,942 times
It won't be too long now before people band together like in Brazil, Colombia, or Mexico to hire private security which morphed into paramilitaries clad in balaclavas and assault carbines. These men go around urban slums and periodically cleanse the streets of criminals and lunatics. They corner known thug and bum hangouts then just shoot them dead on the street. Then their bodies are displayed as grisly warnings to other street life not to enter xyz neighborhood again.

While I was against the idea originally it is slowly gaining traction in my mind.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:41 AM

162 posts, read 70,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
It won't be too long now before people band together like in Brazil, Colombia, or Mexico to hire private security which morphed into paramilitaries clad in balaclavas and assault carbines. These men go around urban slums and periodically cleanse the streets of criminals and lunatics. They corner known thug and bum hangouts then just shoot them dead on the street. Then their bodies are displayed as grisly warnings to other street life not to enter xyz neighborhood again.

While I was against the idea originally it is slowly gaining traction in my mind.
Imagine if we did that to rid NYC of criminals, thugs, pedophiles, rapists, etc. the deceased would surprise people.

I support that concept though, lol.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:45 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,543,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post

Or just vote for Republicans instead of woke Democrats.
People act like they don't know the solution. Giulani showed us the way.
A democrat is just a republican who hasn't been mugged yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City