Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 03:17 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,107,707 times

Advertisements

I found Z-100 shortly after they went on the air in 1983 and remember they were boasting they would go from worst to first before it happened. I think the largest part of their initial success was that they moved the transmitter used by its predecessor station WVNJ from New Jersey to the Empire State Building. Suddenly the station was loud and clear in NYC. That’s how I found it, scrolling through the radio dial and hearing a new station with a great signal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Just an FYI...

I tried to cancel sirius recently as I do not need it in my Tesla. Customer service tried everything to get me to change my mind, then finally flat refused to cancel my account because I could not confirm the INCORRECT address they had on file. I lived in that same house through nearly the entire existence of the company, much more so my account!

I argued this stupidity for 10 minutes before hanging up to call my bank. I literally had to get a new debit card (thankfully, that's all they had to charge me) to get their automatic payments stopped.

Sirius may as well be a Nigerian prince as far as I am concerned. Huge scammers.
It’s still a good idea to get a cancellation number. Even if the payment method (your debit card) is no longer active they may continue your subscription at a very high rate based on their automatic renewal terms and send you an invoice, whether or not it’s to the wrong address. They could mess with your credit if they send your account to a collections agency for non-payment. However if your Sirius radio was deactivated then that probably means your cancellation went through.

Old 02-27-2022, 03:32 PM

19,079 posts, read 14,029,030 times
So since that post I did call them again. The guy started asking me if I still owned the car. I told him there’s no reason for me to answer that question. We went back and forth for a few minutes before he finally closed the account. I received a cancellation confirmation number and a follow up email. The email said they’re sending a bill for $1.57 to the address they have on file. As in the incorrect address they refused to give me. I’m cool with a $1.57 judgement. It’s worth knowing that any avenue they pursue to collect it will cost them far more than it will me. Lol

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-27-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
So since that post I did call them again. The guy started asking me if I still owned the car. I told him there’s no reason for me to answer that question. We went back and forth for a few minutes before he finally closed the account. I received a cancellation confirmation number and a follow up email. The email said they’re sending a bill for $1.57 to the address they have on file. As in the incorrect address they refused to give me. I’m cool with a $1.57 judgement. It’s worth knowing that any avenue they pursue to collect it will cost them far more than it will me. Lol
You could also send them a check for $1.57 by mail to their payment address even without an invoice as long as you include your account number. I always pay them by mail as I don’t like to get surprise charges on my credit card.

Old 03-01-2022, 09:32 AM

25,398 posts, read 37,151,865 times
Airbirborne Guy,

Sounds like you've been hacked.

Old 03-03-2022, 11:32 AM

2,466 posts, read 1,235,796 times
Quote:
We still have a Subaru for long family trips and towing the jetski, but with Tesla’s charging network I’d have no problem driving cross-country. I might be driving to Montana soon with it. The car also comes with an adapter for the more standard J1772 chargers. There are very few stretches of the country now that would tax a 200+ range ev.

If you’re interested, check out this site for planning Tesla trips: https://www.tesla.com/trips.

It’s built into the car’s navigation system. Once plotted, the system automatically preps the battery for charging when you get closer to the stop, and will adjust if necessary for reasons such as stations that are full or increase/decrease in driving efficiency.

I drive A LOT. I would not have made the switch had I not heavily considered these factors over the last 3 years.
Ugh, sounds like planning a trip for the Oregon Trail...know any good watering holes? We're bypassing the Cumberland Gap!

Batteries charged by Coal, and Natural Gas. Diesel generators in a pinch. Does sound like a fun plaything tho.

As for Z100...blah!

Old 03-03-2022, 12:06 PM

37,273 posts, read 39,596,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Ugh, sounds like planning a trip for the Oregon Trail...know any good watering holes? We're bypassing the Cumberland Gap!

Batteries charged by Coal, and Natural Gas. Diesel generators in a pinch. Does sound like a fun plaything tho.

As for Z100...blah!
The route planner doesn't really need you to intervene on planning. It does it for you.

You have a great point about batteries and electricity in general--there are a lot of economical pathways to generate electricity. Coal, natural gas, gasoline, diesel, nuclear, solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, and more, all of these have tried and true and economical pathways towards conversion to electricity, but almost none of them have such for becoming a usable fuel for your internal combustion engine.

I suppose it's nice that you're consistently grumpy about anything even Z100! Good on you!

Old 03-04-2022, 08:19 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,685,036 times
Z Formats.....the end of radio, as we knew it!

Old 03-04-2022, 09:37 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,563,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Z Formats.....the end of radio, as we knew it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City