Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 03:51 AM

5,901 posts, read 3,025,461 times

Advertisements

Looks like all the mandates in NYC will end march 7.
Restaurants museums and all.
Now I know some of you will still wear two masks inside your car, but to the rest of the free loving people, this is great news.

Old 02-28-2022, 04:45 AM

3,077 posts, read 5,515,880 times
Except for private sector. So we can go anywhere except for work lol

Old 02-28-2022, 05:07 AM

43,867 posts, read 44,644,903 times
The vaccine mandate for employees will not be ending on March 7th. So it will be still a problem for the unvaccinated that still stand lose their jobs.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:30 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,917,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The vaccine mandate for employees will not be ending on March 7th. So it will be still a problem for the unvaccinated that still stand lose their jobs.
Class action lawsuits probably on the way....

Old 02-28-2022, 08:51 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,456,561 times
Considering that I could hardly wait to get my vaccine (all three doses), and had no problem wearing a mask (it had already been practically a part of my face practically forever, since I had worn it professionally about 10-24 hours a day, nearly every day, for 35 years prior to retirement), I am mystified by the production that people are making out of infection control measures (and likewise, as a retired medical professoional, am mystified by vaccine refusal), and I certainly do not think this is a political matter but medical. But I think vaccination should not have been mandatory for anything, and masks in the restaurants and venues should have been made optional as soon as the data were collected showing that vaccination did not prevent transmission of the virus.

I DO think masks should have been mandatory at workplaces, because restaurants and entertainment venues are where you choose to go or not to go during an epidemic, but if you are employed, then you can't choose not to go to work - and the people working with you shouldn't be forced to inhale large viral loads. Vaccination and the mask could not completely prevent viral transmission, but could make a difference in the amount of virus that got past your nose, and thus severity of subsequent disease. All of the protesters against masks, do you also want your surgical team to have an option of not wearing masks while operating on you? For the sake of proving politically that they are entitled to freedom of breathing into the surgical wound, and "nobody is going to muzzle them into submission"? Some of you folks are pretty funny. Do whatever you wish to yourself, but you have no right to take down other people with whatever you want to do.

I will continue wearing a mask indoors, possibly permanently, whenever I am around a lot of people for a long time. I will downgrade from N95 to an ordinary surgical mask (which I don't even feel like something extra on my face). To each his own, but I consider a mask a useful item.

Old 02-28-2022, 11:01 AM

3,361 posts, read 1,252,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Considering that I could hardly wait to get my vaccine (all three doses), and had no problem wearing a mask (it had already been practically a part of my face practically forever, since I had worn it professionally about 10-24 hours a day, nearly every day, for 35 years prior to retirement), I am mystified by the production that people are making out of infection control measures (and likewise, as a retired medical professoional, am mystified by vaccine refusal), and I certainly do not think this is a political matter but medical. But I think vaccination should not have been mandatory for anything, and masks in the restaurants and venues should have been made optional as soon as the data were collected showing that vaccination did not prevent transmission of the virus.

I DO think masks should have been mandatory at workplaces, because restaurants and entertainment venues are where you choose to go or not to go during an epidemic, but if you are employed, then you can't choose not to go to work - and the people working with you shouldn't be forced to inhale large viral loads. Vaccination and the mask could not completely prevent viral transmission, but could make a difference in the amount of virus that got past your nose, and thus severity of subsequent disease. All of the protesters against masks, do you also want your surgical team to have an option of not wearing masks while operating on you? For the sake of proving politically that they are entitled to freedom of breathing into the surgical wound, and "nobody is going to muzzle them into submission"? Some of you folks are pretty funny. Do whatever you wish to yourself, but you have no right to take down other people with whatever you want to do.

I will continue wearing a mask indoors, possibly permanently, whenever I am around a lot of people for a long time. I will downgrade from N95 to an ordinary surgical mask (which I don't even feel like something extra on my face). To each his own, but I consider a mask a useful item.
But nobody is saying you shouldn't be allowed to wear masks if you want. I wore n95s/kn95s the first year or so of covid primarily because I didn't want to get sick and give it to my grandparents. The problem with these mandates is they defy logic and science. The masks most people wear are utterly useless, and the way they're worn is a joke. Since I stopped wearing masks (outside of flying, doctors offices etc) i've had at least ten people come up to me telling me I should wear a mask. They were all wearing junk masks, half under their nose, probably half weren't even that close to me and came closer to tell me this and a few told me outside.

If you're of retirement age how you handle covid should be different than a healthy 20 year old. We pretty much agree for the most part- you take precautions you need appropriate and that's the way it should be.

I might agree with you on the work thing if this were a year ago and if good masks worn properly were mandated but at this point so many people have had covid and anyone who wanted to get vaccinated could have many times over.

Old 02-28-2022, 11:34 AM

1,916 posts, read 750,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post

That's mental illness. Similar to the hand washing maniacs and agoraphobics

Old 02-28-2022, 12:09 PM

19,103 posts, read 14,085,222 times
I’m bringing flowers for my daughters after school on Monday. They deserve the world for enduring NY’s tyranny so long.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-28-2022, 12:09 PM

6,701 posts, read 6,088,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
That's mental illness. Similar to the hand washing maniacs and agoraphobics
The media has given them mass psychosis. Every time that COVID cases were announced on the news, the number of deaths followed -scaring people who don't know any better. Yet to date, only 6 million have died worldwide. How many people are in the world? 7.753 billion? Calculate the percentage - it's actually very rare for someone to die of covid. The people who are dying are the ones who have the metabolic problems - usually from lifestyles that can be corrected. Those are of the people who would've eventually died from heart failure or advanced stages of diabetes.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:28 PM

145 posts, read 80,342 times
Finally! I can’t wait to breathe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City