Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 07:56 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Not about what I like. Just looking for something that set her apart, given how she runs her mouth. In short, she hasn't done anything that any other elected official hasn't done.

That's true for any elected official as far as I'm concerned, since voter turnout is so poor. I asked because I see her on TV running her big mouth, but wanted some specifics. That's what I find pathetic. For all of her talking, she hasn't done THAT much.
the covid van was a very big deal, especially in consideration of how hard her district was hit.
Also has brought millions in funding for projects to her district. I could name the projects but you can look them up yourself. She is proud of her record and I think it is more than most reps bring in to their district. You can do the comparison. You might not be impressed, but it is more than most fairly newbees. Probably more, much more than her predecessor, but that is just from memory not analysis.
If you want specifics follow her on twitter. She does blab about her district wins often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 08:30 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
the covid van was a very big deal, especially in consideration of how hard her district was hit.
Also has brought millions in funding for projects to her district. I could name the projects but you can look them up yourself. She is proud of her record and I think it is more than most reps bring in to their district. You can do the comparison. You might not be impressed, but it is more than most fairly newbees. Probably more, much more than her predecessor, but that is just from memory not analysis.
If you want specifics follow her on twitter. She does blab about her district wins often.
I'll pass.

Old 03-12-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I'll pass.
Then stay uninformed.
Your choice.
But better to be informed before you throw accusations.
Thats my opinion anyway.

Old 03-12-2022, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Then stay uninformed.
Your choice.
But better to be informed before you throw accusations.
Thats my opinion anyway.
I didn't "throw" anything. You were the one talking about all she has done, so I asked for specifics from you. I have no skin in the game, as she doesn't represent me. At the end of the day, she hasn't done anything extraordinary compared to how much she has run her big mouth about what she opposes. This was the same chick that claims she hates Amazon, but then shops at Whole Foods, hates rich folks, but then is seen at events for the rich. Using Twitter as a way to stay "informed" where there are endless troll accounts is comical.

I know she is supposed to be a "different" politician, but from what I can see, she's actually worse with her do as I say not as I do behavior, but then touting herself as somehow better.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Not about what I like. Just looking for something that set her apart, given how she runs her mouth. In short, she hasn't done anything that any other elected official hasn't done.

That's true for any elected official as far as I'm concerned, since voter turnout is so poor. I asked because I see her on TV running her big mouth, but wanted some specifics. That's what I find pathetic. For all of her talking, she hasn't done THAT much.
Quote:
I didn't "throw" anything. You were the one talking about all she has done, so I asked for specifics from you. I have no skin in the game, as she doesn't represent me. At the end of the day, she hasn't done anything extraordinary compared to how much she has run her big mouth about what she opposes. This was the same chick that claims she hates Amazon, but then shops at Whole Foods, hates rich folks, but then is seen at events for the rich.
You very specifically asked.
I very specifically answered.
If you don't care, don't ask.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
You very specifically asked.
I very specifically answered.
If you don't care, don't ask.
Yes because you seem impressed by her, so I wanted to see how "informed" you are. She's thrown a few bones to her constituents, nothing more than most elected officials do. There's nothing earth shattering about that. That's my point. She's getting paid (and quite handsomely) to do what she does, but she is still a hypocrite. I'm just calling her out on her BS.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:07 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:

AOC is a beast on Twitter, bruh. She sponsored a lot of bills that never passed. She recited a lot of inspirational speeches to the masses. She does Instagram live. She cares about the environment so she drives a Tesla.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
AOC is a beast on Twitter, bruh. She sponsored a lot of bills that never passed. She recited a lot of inspirational speeches to the masses. She does Instagram live. She cares about the environment so she drives a Tesla.
She drives a car that most of her constituents can't afford. If she was really about practicing what she preaches, she would drive something cheaper. My point is she claims she is fighting for the little people, but she is not living the life that many of her constituents do, eating at high-end restaurants, living in an expensive apartment and so on, so sponsoring lots of bills that will never be passed is nothing more than posturing. I don't live in a bubble. I'm very politically aware and I have seen her posts on social media platforms long enough. She's a hypocrite.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:21 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
I didn't "throw" anything. You were the one talking about all she has done, so I asked for specifics from you. I have no skin in the game, as she doesn't represent me. At the end of the day, she hasn't done anything extraordinary compared to how much she has run her big mouth about what she opposes. This was the same chick that claims she hates Amazon, but then shops at Whole Foods, hates rich folks, but then is seen at events for the rich. Using Twitter as a way to stay "informed" where there are endless troll accounts is comical.

I know she is supposed to be a "different" politician, but from what I can see, she's actually worse with her do as I say not as I do behavior, but then touting herself as somehow better.
Don’t forget how she attacked Florida’s DeSantis’ keeping his state open during the pandemic but then she goes down there to vacation and is seen dining, drinking while going maskless and enjoying the open atmosphere there that she was criticizing.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:23 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
She drives a car that most of her constituents can't afford. If she was really about practicing what she preaches, she would drive something cheaper. My point is she claims she is fighting for the little people, but she is not living the life that many of her constituents do, eating at high-end restaurants, living in an expensive apartment and so on, so sponsoring lots of bills that will never be passed is nothing more than posturing. I don't live in a bubble. I'm very politically aware and I have seen her posts on social media platforms long enough. She's a hypocrite.
She is a politician. Politicians just revise their gimmick to pander to the current audience.

She is building her brand and eyeing a bigger political office. Senator or President (god forbid). She definitely wants to secure a book deal, a netflix life bio, those sweet 220K public speech recitals, etc.

She list what she did in the below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQX...aOcasio-Cortez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City