Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 01:46 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,236,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I'm sorry that there are people you know that contracted Covid despite getting the booster. But please know that such cases are exceedingly rare. A booster shot has been proven to be highly effective against the Omicron variant.
They're not rare
The booster reduces the severity for a few months at best

Stop the fear mongering
If you're old or very sick it's a no brainer to get it but telling everyone to get it or you'll get covid and die is nonsense

Old 03-19-2022, 05:39 AM

5,665 posts, read 2,606,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I'm sorry that there are people you know that contracted Covid despite getting the booster. But please know that such cases are exceedingly rare. A booster shot has been proven to be highly effective against the Omicron variant.
Wrong! I work in an industry where we have to be tested several times a week. Along with that everyone at work has to be vaccinated and boostered. I had dozens of coworkers get covid.

Old 03-19-2022, 06:37 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
I never got a penny for my booster shot, only crippled legs.

Old 03-19-2022, 06:51 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,364,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
That article is from May 25 2021!

Again, instead of depending on the same old politically influenced sources, ask ANY nurse from ANY hospital in NYC what is the percentage of hospitalized vaxxed patients over the past 6 months? Go right to the source, it's easy!

I personally spoke to a nurse a couple of months ago, and she told me that there were people who were "double-jabbed" and dying from Covid where she works. She also shared that a lot of patients are visiting hospital with the Covid virus and fully vaccinated. This was a couple of months ago before the news broke out about the ineffectiveness of the boosters.

I think the best thing to do is to eat healthy, exercise, and just do your best not to be in people's personal space. I've been doing this, and I have yet to contract Covid. This is in contrast to the vaccine Nazis who are discriminating against people based on the vaccine they get, kicking them out of social circles for sharing current valid information concerning the vaccine...and are contracting Covid with some contracting a second+ time.

The biggest link I see thus far is people living in very close proximity to each other and so poverty, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc., these people are the ones mostly dying from Covid whether or not boosted/contracting Covid more than once.

I don't regret the booster. However, I did not do it for the safety or my faith in it...I did it because I need the money. And yes, I do need the money. I'm single, and I'm doing my damn best to put myself on a path of success. It's not easy...

One last thing-I made sure to put double-jabbed because everyone keeps going on and on about Pfizer and Moderna. I got J&J and no Covid. They got either one of the two and boom-Covid. People are highly scornful of those who get J&J. It's disgusting. I have made it a point to be intentional about any social activities I'm leading that though we care about safety, we will not be acting ridiculous over all this. We need to be more vocal about how we feel/how we're being affected. I'm sick and tired of people who don't want to leave their homes bullying others into not socializing when they aren't participating in the first place. This behavior is abusive.

@TheWiseShopper

Last edited by DreamerD; 03-19-2022 at 07:02 AM..

Old 03-19-2022, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
That article is from May 25 2021!

Again, instead of depending on the same old politically influenced sources, ask ANY nurse from ANY hospital in NYC what is the percentage of hospitalized vaxxed patients over the past 6 months? Go right to the source, it's easy!

And this is what's pissing me off the most...all these people around me are using OLD information...like mad old and are speaking as if they are experts on the issue. And these same people are straight up treating people like me like sh**; they are getting away with it. We need to be louder because I honestly feel it's more of us versus them.

For what it's worth, I feel some of the increases in crime can be attributed to the lost of jobs from people who didn't get jabbed and definitely...most definitely from business owners who lost a ton of money (and thus layoffs) due to the vaccine mandate.

Old 03-19-2022, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Wrong! I work in an industry where we have to be tested several times a week. Along with that everyone at work has to be vaccinated and boostered. I had dozens of coworkers get covid.

And even this was a problem. For weeks, I saw lines ridiculous lines. Most of these workers are not paid for the waiting time as it's outside of work hours for most. This is why I'm grateful for the home tests we get for free.

Old 03-19-2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I never got a penny for my booster shot, only crippled legs.

Did someone beat you up on the way home from getting the vaccine?...I'm actually seriously asking you this.

Don't worry...with these politicians fear mongering, they might have yet another incentive that you can benefit from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City