Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 08:35 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,370,914 times

Advertisements

This incentive is specific to NYC, and so I ask that this thread not be deleted lol. I was wondering if anyone got the booster for the $100 incentive they were offering through Feb. 28. I didn't receive a digital debit card, and I contacted https://www.akimbocard.com/vaxincentiveissue/ as was instructed if anyone should have issues. It's been over a week and not even a word from customer service.

Is anyone having this same issue? I don't get why a card couldn't just be handed to us at the vaccination spot. Leave it up to NYC to drag something like this.

Old 03-18-2022, 08:37 AM

3,511 posts, read 1,416,415 times
I think getting a booster so you don't get Covid and die is enough of an incentive to get a booster shot. Why people need to be bribed an additional $100 is beyond me...

Old 03-18-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I think getting a booster so you don't get Covid and die is enough of an incentive to get a booster shot. Why people need to be bribed an additional $100 is beyond me...

It's beyond me why you think getting a booster will prevent you from getting Covid. Literally all the people I've seen contract Covid AGAIN lol got the booster. The effectiveness is laughable as a matter of fact. You should be concerned they are rushing to get weak a** boosters out. It's very much a money-making game at this point...actually has been for a while.

Boosters should only be for old people and immune-compromised persons.

And I suppose you helped bump my thread up, however, I thought you'd have had something useful to say. Silly me for assuming...

Old 03-18-2022, 09:23 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
This incentive is specific to NYC, and so I ask that this thread not be deleted lol. I was wondering if anyone got the booster for the $100 incentive they were offering through Feb. 28. I didn't receive a digital debit card, and I contacted https://www.akimbocard.com/vaxincentiveissue/ as was instructed if anyone should have issues. It's been over a week and not even a word from customer service.

Is anyone having this same issue? I don't get why a card couldn't just be handed to us at the vaccination spot. Leave it up to NYC to drag something like this.
I took it on February 25th and I received it through an email 4 days later. In order to get one, you had to go to a specific site that is participating in the program. Are you sure the site that you went to is registered? I triple checked my location, and before I left I made sure they had my email so that I could receive it.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:26 AM

Quote:
It's beyond me why you think getting a booster will prevent you from getting Covid. Literally all the people I've seen contract Covid AGAIN lol got the booster. The effectiveness is laughable as a matter of fact. You should be concerned they are rushing to get weak a** boosters out. It's very much a money-making game at this point...actually has been for a while.

Boosters should only be for old people and immune-compromised persons.

And I suppose you helped bump my thread up, however, I thought you'd have had something useful to say. Silly me for assuming...

I'm sorry that there are people you know that contracted Covid despite getting the booster. But please know that such cases are exceedingly rare. A booster shot has been proven to be highly effective against the Omicron variant.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:43 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,669,515 times
Quote:
I'm sorry that there are people you know that contracted Covid despite getting the booster. But please know that such cases are exceedingly rare. A booster shot has been proven to be highly effective against the Omicron variant.
Your belief system is ridiculous. Go to any hospital and ask them the percentage of Covid hospitalizations that have been boostered - it will be north of 50%.

Old 03-18-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I took it on February 25th and I received it through an email 4 days later. In order to get one, you had to go to a specific site that is participating in the program. Are you sure the site that you went to is registered? I triple checked my location, and before I left I made sure they had my email so that I could receive it.

Thank you for your response!

Good point. And so I contacted customer service but by phone this time. I should have just done this first lol. I thought that maybe they didn't have the right e-mail but no...it just literally was not sent for whatever reason. They are going to escalate the issue to the associated NYC program, and hopefully I will hear back soon.

The location was legit. Inside the e-mail of the appointment confirmation, I saw information about the incentive. I believe the sign was also at the actual clinic.

Old 03-18-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:

I'm not trying to be rude, but we don't know until we know. Whether it be the original vaccine or boosters, we don't know the effectiveness until after the fact. Trials are just trials, and to see true results, we must wait a while. Didn't they say that with the vaccines we just needed to be fully vaccinated and that's it? They were even saying we didn't have to wear a mask at the time. That's how confident they were. After a while, the vaccines didn't last forever, nor did they even last a year.

The booster then was supposed to be golden. Now they're saying it might only last 4 months. Then the other day I heard it would last even less. Please please follow the science and not these politicians/the media. They are wrong on so many levels for the propaganda they are feeding people.

Old 03-18-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to be rude, but we don't know until we know. Whether it be the original vaccine or boosters, we don't know the effectiveness until after the fact. Trials are just trials, and to see true results, we must wait a while. Didn't they say that with the vaccines we just needed to be fully vaccinated and that's it? They were even saying we didn't have to wear a mask at the time. That's how confident they were. After a while, the vaccines didn't last forever, nor did they even last a year.

The booster then was supposed to be golden. Now they're saying it might only last 4 months. Then the other day I heard it would last even less. Please please follow the science and not these politicians/the media. They are wrong on so many levels for the propaganda they are feeding people.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-...ry?id=77898840

Old 03-18-2022, 03:02 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,669,515 times
Quote:
That article is from May 25 2021!

Again, instead of depending on the same old politically influenced sources, ask ANY nurse from ANY hospital in NYC what is the percentage of hospitalized vaxxed patients over the past 6 months? Go right to the source, it's easy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City