Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2022, 07:26 PM

3,522 posts, read 1,424,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If you are right your ideas are Utopian.

My parents go out way more than I do because they are retired and like to take walks and shop. They never caught Covid. How? They wear masks and most importantly, they run the hell away from people who get within 6 feet distance near them. And they've always vented to me since day 1 of the pandemic how they always have to be on their guard and run away from people because so many people get near them within 6 feet distance.

This is the problem. Very very few people followed the 6 feet distance rule. I think that is one downfall of masks. People think because they have masks on, then they are invincible and can get close to people. Not the case! You need to wear a mask AND social distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2022, 07:49 PM

168 posts, read 42,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Again I say, if a virus can no longer find a host and replicate, it will go away. How is that hard to understand? We just have to make sure that those with Covid don't spread it anymore to other people! How do we do that? Wear a mask, social distance, and stay home when you're sick. Nobody is doing that, hence the virus continues to spread...
Delusional.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:51 PM

Quote:
My parents go out way more than I do because they are retired and like to take walks and shop. They never caught Covid. How? They wear masks and most importantly, they run the hell away from people who get within 6 feet distance near them. And they've always vented to me since day 1 of the pandemic how they always have to be on their guard and run away from people because so many people get near them within 6 feet distance.

This is the problem. Very very few people followed the 6 feet distance rule. I think that is one downfall of masks. People think because they have masks on, then they are invincible and can get close to people. Not the case! You need to wear a mask AND social distance.
Do you just continue with your blind pablum? The 6 feet was MADE UP OUT OF THIN AIR. Masks have been proven to do less than nothing.

Wow. Totally buying everything they say. I give up on sheep.

Baa. Baaaaa. Baaaaaaaaaa!

Old 05-17-2022, 07:53 PM

Quote:

I don’t NEED to do anything.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The trouble is they are the ones that have the power to legally tell us what to do.
This!

Old 05-17-2022, 07:54 PM

2,643 posts, read 1,240,670 times
Is this the NEW NORMAL for NYC?

And people wonder why the big banks are fleeing to So. Fla in DROVES!

Old 05-17-2022, 07:55 PM

3,522 posts, read 1,424,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
I don’t NEED to do anything.

And that's why Covid is not going away. Because everyone has that attitude. Covid is not going to go away by magic. People have to do something about it.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Wear a mask, slow the spread and bring the pandemic to close and then government won't have to tell us what to do...
Nah.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Is this the NEW NORMAL for NYC?

And people wonder why the big banks are fleeing to So. Fla in DROVES!
The new normal for NYC is totally abnormal zombies.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:58 PM

Quote:
And that's why Covid is not going away. Because everyone has that attitude. Covid is not going to go away by magic. People have to do something about it.
I can’t.

Wear your mask and hazmat suit and jab up, but leave others alone.

You do you, and I’ll do me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City