Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2022, 12:34 PM

3,523 posts, read 1,430,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
This summer, MONKEYPOX is coming to a city...COVID shut down Spring 2020, just in time for elections... will MONKEYPOX shut down Summer 2022, just in time for elections?
How do we stop the spread of monkeypox? By wearing a mask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 01:07 PM

2,654 posts, read 1,249,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That would be a good idea. And I'm going to get ANOTHER Booster shot!

Old 05-22-2022, 01:19 PM

5,749 posts, read 2,647,856 times
Quote:
You worry too much, just enjoy life.

Old 05-22-2022, 01:45 PM

168 posts, read 42,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
You worry too much, just enjoy life.
You mean masking isn’t the panacea for everything?!?!

We should defer to Fauci and the gang!

Old 05-22-2022, 01:46 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,166,428 times
Quote:
Looks like another shutdown. Enjoy your (relative) liberty while it lasts. I really think the government, totally flummoxed, is going to do something stupid. I don't know just what.

Old 05-22-2022, 01:47 PM

168 posts, read 42,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Looks like another shutdown. Enjoy your relative liberty while it lasts.
I will not comply!

Old 05-22-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Looks like another shutdown. Enjoy your (relative) liberty while it lasts. I really think the government, totally flummoxed, is going to do something stupid. I don't know just what.
I find it really interesting here that so many people throw a hissy fit over face masks but with shutdowns, everyone is ok with! I don't get it. I mean, even with shopping malls! Why did Cuomo shut them down in 2020 and keep them closed for so damn long; I think they were closed for almost a year!! Those poor businesses! Shopping malls are big and spacious, and allow for a lot of social distancing, so shutting that kind of business down was really unnecessary. But I guess I was in the minority on this and more people were angry about face masks instead....

Old 05-22-2022, 06:01 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,166,428 times
Quote:
I find it really interesting here that so many people throw a hissy fit over face masks but with shutdowns, everyone is ok with! I don't get it. I mean, even with shopping malls! Why did Cuomo shut them down in 2020 and keep them closed for so damn long; I think they were closed for almost a year!! Those poor businesses! Shopping malls are big and spacious, and allow for a lot of social distancing, so shutting that kind of business down was really unnecessary. But I guess I was in the minority on this and more people were angry about face masks instead....
I'm actually with you on the malls. Keeping businesses closed and people masked were some kind of virtue signalling. As in "we're all in this together" when, after a time, it became clear that we're not.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:43 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,246,117 times
Quote:
Most people understood and were fine with shutdowns early on but think we should have opened up way sooner than we did.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Most people understood and were fine with shutdowns early on but think we should have opened up way sooner than we did.
Yeah the whole reopening in phases was just ridiculous. Once the virus is out there and not completely eradicated, it will just wait around and spread again when we open up. And that’s what happened. We were at like extremely low numbers during the summer of 2020 (practically almost no cases) and look where we are now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City