Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2022, 04:53 PM

168 posts, read 42,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Exactly. It's all political with you. I'm a Republican, therefore I will never wear a mask! And that's that!

Typical. And then we wonder why Covid is never going away. But ok, whatever....
COVID is never going away because COVID is never going away. You can wrap the entire planet in bubble wrap and masks and COVID will be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Because you can’t even wear a mask for 10 seconds in an elevator if someone who is paranoid kindly asks you to put one on. It is not a big deal, not even in the slightest, to put on a mask for a mere 10 seconds in an elevator. You simply don’t want to wear a mask because it seems like you have some sort of strong hatred against it, which makes zero sense.

So let’s say for a second that masks don’t work. If the person in the elevator would like you to wear one for a crazy short period of time as a courtesy, it’s not a big a deal. Again a small request just as a courtesy! But you’re making it a big deal. Only a political person would make a big deal out of nothing.
I’m not wearing a mask because I don’t want to wear a mask because I believe, based on the science, that they do nothing. Also I have asthma.

If the person is uncomfortable with me being maskless in an elevator with them, they can exit the elevator. It’s not that big of a deal.

Again, you want to wear a mask then you deal with the ramifications of maskless people. I won’t be inconvenienced nor will I restructure my life so that you can feel better about it. Not happening.

Old 06-12-2022, 05:03 PM

34,169 posts, read 47,414,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
I’m not wearing a mask because I don’t want to wear a mask because I believe, based on the science, that they do nothing. Also I have asthma.

If the person is uncomfortable with me being maskless in an elevator with them, they can exit the elevator. It’s not that big of a deal.

Again, you want to wear a mask then you deal with the ramifications of maskless people. I won’t be inconvenienced nor will I restructure my life so that you can feel better about it. Not happening.
I guess if someone coughs or sneezes next to you and doesn't cover their mouth or nose then all is well

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-12-2022, 05:05 PM

Here’s the whole situation in a nutshell.

You want to wear your mask for however long you feel is necessary. 4 years. 10 years. The rest of your life. I don’t care. Wear it. Wear 50 masks. I don’t care.

I am never going to wear a mask. And that’s the long and short of it.

Wear your masks, but just let me live my life. Leave me alone. You’re not going to convince me to wear a mask and you certainly aren’t going to force me to wear a mask.

That’s where we are. Deal with it.

Old 06-12-2022, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I guess if someone coughs or sneezes next to you and doesn't cover their mouth or nose then all is well
I’m confused as to what that has to do with anything. I wouldn’t want anyone coughing or sneezing in my face since the day I learned how to talk. Nothing to do with COVID.

Are you suggesting that I’m going around purposely coughing and sneezing in people’s faces?

We have officially entered Crazy Town now.

Old 06-12-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
It has plenty to do with it. As a society we should be at the point where it is common decency to wear a mask around others at least in a closed environment. The fact that you are not respectful of others leaves to ask why should people respect your wishes in turn.

You can't be bothered to put on a mask in an elevator or any enclosed space for someone else, yet you expect people to cover their mouth/nose around you when they sneeze/cough. Why should they, when you're exuding the same energy by not willing to wear a mask around others in enclosed spaces? What a callous approach.

Lol - if you believe masks don't work, is a hand any better? So who cares, right?
I don’t want anyone to do anything. If someone was sneezing/coughing all over the place, then the onus would be on me to avoid that person. Why would I get into an elevator with someone sneezing/coughing all over the place. I’d wait for the next elevator. Simple.

You’re trying to make a point but it’s falling flat.

Old 06-12-2022, 05:20 PM

1,495 posts, read 774,154 times
But cdc says wear a mask and social distance and have a vaccination today to help prevent Covid spread. Most elevators you can’t social distance so please don’t get on the elevator I’m occupying even if we are both masked. Please have courtesy.

What is someone asks for your vaccination card to get on the elevator ? Where does one draw the line ?

Old 06-12-2022, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
But cdc says wear a mask and social distance and have a vaccination today help prevent Covid spread. Most elevators you can’t social distance so please don’t get on the elevator I’m occupying even if we are both masked.
Nah. I’ll get on the elevator. You can either get on it with me or wait for the next one.

Old 06-12-2022, 05:23 PM

1,495 posts, read 774,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
Nah. I’ll get on the elevator. You can either get on it with me or wait for the next one.
That wasn’t direct at you

Old 06-12-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
That wasn’t direct at you
Lol. I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City