Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 07:42 PM

1,107 posts, read 554,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Everyone's affected differently, everyone reacts differently. Some people react violently, others can't stop biting their nails.

As long as we're not treating the problems they will continue to persist. The below link is a list of mass shootings in this country from 1984-2012. Now go through every incident on this list, and come back and tell me jail prevents this with a straight face. Clearly its not.

Citizens Crime Commission of New York City - Mass Shooting Incidents in America (1984-2012)
Do you support the release and treatment of all the people sitting in jail for January 6? Do you support the release and treatment of Dylann Roof?

Old 04-12-2022, 07:45 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,187,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Good movie. There are like what 3 versions of it now I think

Old 04-12-2022, 07:46 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,134,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
Commissioner: Suspect was in the train car. Shooting began in train car after suspect opened smoke canister that was in his bag. (After putting gas mask on. People nearby must have seen his face.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
I've never seen a U-Haul that didn't have Arizona plates
Same here, all the U-Hauls in Canada have Arizona plates.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:55 PM

31,947 posts, read 27,074,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Good movie. There are like what 3 versions of it now I think
Know there was a remake in 2009, but original is still the best.

Being a native Staten Islander, 1-2-3 were my trains, in particular #1 local because it went to South Ferry. My old man and others told me as a kid about the speed control on old South Ferry loop.

Thing about old ferry loop was only first five subway cars fit. So there was an announcements made starting usually after pulling out of Chambers that all passengers wishing to get off at South Ferry had to move up into first five cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF-QIOuucVk

Old 04-12-2022, 08:00 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,187,381 times
Quote:
Know there was a remake in 2009, but original is still the best.

Being a native Staten Islander, 1-2-3 were my trains, in particular #1 local because it went to South Ferry. My old man and others told me as a kid about the speed control on old South Ferry loop.

Thing about old ferry loop was only first five subway cars fit. So there was an announcements made starting usually after pulling out of Chambers that all passengers wishing to get off at South Ferry had to move up into first five cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF-QIOuucVk
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974 film), a film adaptation directed by Joseph Sargent and starring Walter Matthau and Robert Shaw

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1998 film), a television movie directed by Félix Enríquez Alcalá and starring Edward James Olmos and Vincent D'Onofrio

The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009 film), a film adaptation directed by Tony Scott and starring Denzel Washington and John Travolta

Of the three I agree the original is the best

Old 04-12-2022, 08:11 PM

31,947 posts, read 27,074,534 times
Thrill of riding NYC subways back in 1970's through 1980's was never knowing if you'd get out with all your possessions. Next was if you actually reached your destination via train of choice on its particular route.

Trains were always being pulled out of service for problems like broken doors or something. Then there were the ever common track fires forcing service to stop, or train being rerouted.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:35 PM

77 posts, read 39,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
In this day and age who would dare to call the police on a minority person acting or looking suspicious? You would be called a Karen and possibly prosecuted for a hate crime.

I for one support them calling out the full description of the person in every case.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:56 PM

978 posts, read 678,164 times
I wonder what the mayor has to say about all this? Oh wait he has Covid so he can’t talk. Clown show

Old 04-12-2022, 09:07 PM

34,087 posts, read 17,145,875 times
Quote:
Great idea.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:10 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,267,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
You take this guy out, he's no longer a threat to society. You can't treat one person and expect it to cure another. But you keep feeling for the guilty. I'll save my empathy for the victims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Do you support the release and treatment of all the people sitting in jail for January 6? Do you support the release and treatment of Dylann Roof?
Pointless to respond. He's arguing in bad faith.

The MAIN reason he argues the way he does is because the problem comes from his community and he doesn't want admit there's a problem for political reasons and reason of self pity having to do with failure/lack of contentment in life. If whites or Asians were were the source of killing in NYC, he wouldn't be making this argument.

It's not even an original argument. It's an argument that is so utterly ridiculous that no one buys it except for cynical politicians, race hustlers, and people in these communities that are used by the former two groups.

Would any person even halfway successful in life in NYC make the argument he's making (unless they make money off of it like the race hustlers and woke culture peddlers)? Only the losers in the city make these arguments because they want others to experience their failures. It's schadenfraude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.