Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2022, 07:12 AM

34,107 posts, read 47,343,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
He's advocating for the death penalty. We're making progress here!
After all these years, that still hasn't worked either

Where's the proof that the death penalty works?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-13-2022, 07:13 AM

34,107 posts, read 47,343,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
So, should we put everyone on Prozac from birth?
No, we should strive to avoid putting people in traumatic situations caused by our environments

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-13-2022, 07:19 AM

1,062 posts, read 550,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
After all these years, that still hasn't worked either

Where's the proof that the death penalty works?
They don't get out and do it again.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:23 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,265,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
It's a legitimate argument and you shouldn't tap dance around it
Come to me when jails start advertising encouragement for people to be inmates. Jails are a business in parts of the US but it's not like McDonalds. People aren't "enticed" to go to prison.

For some odd reason, the vast majority of people know how to keep themselves out of prison?

Old 04-13-2022, 07:24 AM

93,526 posts, read 124,263,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
They don't get out and do it again.
True, but you may find this information to be interesting: https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/facts-a...penalty-states

Old 04-13-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
If this is an assessment that you personally "did" without speaking to the subject (which boils down to nothing more than an opinion), I am so not interested. This right here is one of the unfortunate by-products of the Internet.

So we don't know anything about the man's upbringing, what he went through in life, and how did he arrive here. To commit this heinous crime.

I have repeated it numerous times throughout this thread, and I think it deserves to be repeated again, because people are not getting it

I posted a link that shows the amount of mass shootings committed in this country from 1984-2012.

There have been mass shootings after 2012, case in point yesterday

Jail is not working! Mass shootings are still being committed even with the threat of jail!
Whoever said jails are there to discourage crime? They're there to punish criminals and deter further crime WHILE they are in prison.

You're framing the argument as jails are there to "discourage" crime because it suits your irrational argument. Jails are tools of punishment that society uses to punish criminal acts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:28 AM

5,842 posts, read 2,964,750 times
Quote:
No, we should strive to avoid putting people in traumatic situations caused by our environments
What hippie planet do you live on?

You are born alone, hopefully you have good parents and after 20 or so you are on your own. Hopefully you studied well and life pans out ok for you. With a bit of motivation and hard work most people do just fine.
Its that simple. No one is responsible for anyone other than themselves. No one owes anyone anything!!

Ill up it a bit. Lot of immigrants come from places that would haunt your nightmares, they start new, work hard and are happy to be alive and living life. How do you think their mental trauma compares to these local degenerates?

Old 04-13-2022, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Straight up lol. So we should get rid of NYCHAs, correct?

I'm not sure why this is popular in the black community that th government owes everybody everything.

You want the government to provide you with a great life and save you from societies ills but you ALSO want the freedom to do whatever you want. Which is it?

Old 04-13-2022, 07:35 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,097,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
What hippie planet do you live on?

You are born alone, hopefully you have good parents and after 20 or so you are on your own. Hopefully you studied well and life pans out ok for you. With a bit of motivation and hard work most people do just fine.
Its that simple. No one is responsible for anyone other than themselves. No one owes anyone anything!!

Ill up it a bit. Lot of immigrants come from places that would haunt your nightmares, they start new, work hard and are happy to be alive and living life. How do you think their mental trauma compares to these local degenerates?
What is the point of a family then?

Old 04-13-2022, 07:39 AM

5,842 posts, read 2,964,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Straight up lol. So we should get rid of NYCHAs, correct?

I'm not sure why this is popular in the black community that th government owes everybody everything.

You want the government to provide you with a great life and save you from societies ills but you ALSO want the freedom to do whatever you want. Which is it?
Eliminating NYCHA would drop unwanted births I bet. Who wants a child when you have to work to provide for yourself and pay for your own house. One would think twice i suppose, although I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe in a few decades generational welfare and housing would fade away.

But then, there would be mental trauma for having to actually work for a living. Its just never ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.