Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2023, 05:25 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,032,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Maybe someone can pass along grilling tips to NYCHA residents.

https://gothamist.com/news/rats-on-t...hey-got-bigger

Rats are nature's response to a dirty environment. They are the clean up crew whose job is to literally eat garbage. The fact that more rats are appearing in NYCHA is proof that the residents are filthy slobs who have no respect for their neighborhoods and litter everywhere. And I'm saying this as a former NYCHA resident for the first 21 years of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2023, 06:32 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
Muskrat has been on the menu in DE since before it was a state.
Muskrat is very different from an urban rat. The Muskrat mainly eats vegetation and kelp whereas the urban rat eats human foods. The Muskrat feeds other animals up the food chain whereas the majority of wild animals would not eat a NYC rat if their life depended on it.

Most eagles that come by in the city just kill the rat for sport and throw it away. Same with coyotes. The coyotes actually prefer domestic dogs and cats as it is the healthier option.

Old 03-16-2023, 05:49 AM

2,229 posts, read 773,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Maybe someone can pass along grilling tips to NYCHA residents.

https://gothamist.com/news/rats-on-t...hey-got-bigger
Or to the hillbillies from the south. It's no secret that they eat pickled pig feet, turtle stew, canned opossum, raccoon and even rats down in the Dixieland.

Old 03-16-2023, 07:19 AM

118 posts, read 47,901 times
the amount of racism you read these days shows the misinformation in society.

Those are Guinea pigs or how they call them in Ecuador "Cui" They taste delicious and would invite anyone to visit other cultures

Old 03-16-2023, 09:14 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
Yes, those are Guinea pigs which are a Peruvian staple, but also yes, Guinea pigs are rodents, so the initial Twitter post is correct. They didn't say rats. In that neighborhood they would probably find some people from Peru that would love to buy those.

Old 03-16-2023, 09:54 AM

2,229 posts, read 773,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredn25 View Post
the amount of racism you read these days shows the misinformation in society.

Those are Guinea pigs or how they call them in Ecuador "Cui" They taste delicious and would invite anyone to visit other cultures
I'm sure they taste delicious especially with a lot of spices, but they look really revolting, and are also rodents.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
I'm sure they taste delicious especially with a lot of spices, but they look really revolting, and are also rodents.
but thats a personal opinion, theres people that find fast food revolting, but that doesnt give thm the right to disminish other peoples culture and classify it as ghetto

Old 03-16-2023, 10:08 AM

6,430 posts, read 4,922,941 times
I ate Chiguiro in Colombia and enjoyed it until I found out what it was and then I got sick.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:41 AM

ive eaten chicken and gotten sick doesnt stop me from eating it now, clams used to be repulsive to me, I dont go out belittling those who love clams though. The point is not to force people to eat, its to respect others

Old 03-16-2023, 12:49 PM

445 posts, read 321,800 times
Nah that crap is repulsive and is an eyesore on a public sidewalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City