Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 10:16 PM

620 posts, read 1,073,451 times

Advertisements

I board the BX 19 & Manhattan express trains to and it seems ALOT of people just either:
Get on the bus thru back door & on the train station everyone hops the turstyle and if somone opens
the emergency door and 20 people go in. The police dont say anything or turn the other cheek.
I see this all the time everyday.

How will the city get to everyone paying again. when its so common now to NOT pay the fare ... including myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2022, 11:38 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post
I board the BX 19 & Manhattan express trains to and it seems ALOT of people just either:
Get on the bus thru back door & on the train station everyone hops the turstyle and if somone opens
the emergency door and 20 people go in. The police dont say anything or turn the other cheek.
I see this all the time everyday.

How will the city get to everyone paying again. when its so common now to NOT pay the fare ... including myself
That’s why they keep raising taxes and fares to squeeze money out of law abiding entities and residents to keep the system going…

Old 12-13-2022, 01:27 AM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
People are broke or near broke. If you have to use the bus, that says it all. Just look at the clientele.

Old 12-13-2022, 04:34 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
I guess it depends on the area as I have never seen fare beaters in various Queens neighborhoods (but of course I haven't been to every single one).

Old 12-13-2022, 07:27 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,194 times
Systemic racism. That's the answer. Can't afford the fare. Racism. Get caught smoking pot. Racism. Get arrested for murdering other members of your own ethnicity. Racism.

Old 12-13-2022, 07:41 AM

978 posts, read 675,085 times
Pay??? For bus???? Lol get with it man. Thy living in the time of free! Take the bus for free to your local Target and have at it man. Full your bags, don’t wait on line. Just put one foot in front of the other, and stroll right back with your free haul. Take that free bus to the free train to your free apartment, and then use a touch of capitalism to sell your hard earned goods.
Free free free

Old 12-13-2022, 08:00 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
A looooooooooooot of people hop on the Bx19, M125, and Bx15 buses. I was on the UES just yesterday, and seen caucasions hop too. it's not a race or class thing. People are doing it, cause they know they can get away with it, cause they're not prosecuting low level offenses.

Old 12-13-2022, 08:28 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
Pay??? For bus???? Lol get with it man. Thy living in the time of free! Take the bus for free to your local Target and have at it man. Full your bags, don’t wait on line. Just put one foot in front of the other, and stroll right back with your free haul. Take that free bus to the free train to your free apartment, and then use a touch of capitalism to sell your hard earned goods.
Free free free
Xmas is every day of the year now... You get a handout and YOU get a handout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
A looooooooooooot of people hop on the Bx19, M125, and Bx15 buses. I was on the UES just yesterday, and seen caucasions hop too. it's not a race or class thing. People are doing it, cause they know they can get away with it, cause they're not prosecuting low level offenses.
You mean "Caucasians". lol Those must be the "busted" Whites as you would say... I guess it fits into the HellUpInHarlem narrative...

Old 12-13-2022, 08:42 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,469,033 times
You all vote these people in and then get upset when laws aren't enforced.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news...evel-offenses/

Maybe next time before heading to the voting booth and only voting D, look up what they stand for? He always stated he would not prosecute low level crimes while running for office. It's not rocket science.

No prosecution means cops don't bother and riders don't fear getting caught.

Good luck!

Old 12-13-2022, 09:01 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Xmas is every day of the year now... You get a handout and YOU get a handout...

You mean "Caucasians". lol Those must be the "busted" Whites as you would say... I guess it fits into the HellUpInHarlem narrative...
i never said anything about busted whites for i'm not racist. wtf are you talking about? you are losing your matta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: