Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 10:47 AM

106,706 posts, read 108,880,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
Who cares, you will continue to see it. Spend more time worrying about yourself and then maybe you can drive one
Exactly .

People get so wrapped up in stuff they can’t control and they become obsessed with it .

Their time would be far better spent learning to play the cards we are dealt , then complaining about the dealer or what someone else is doing that they can’t control
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2023, 04:04 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,262,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
Who cares, you will continue to see it. Spend more time worrying about yourself and then maybe you can drive one
Firstly, worrying about oneself amongst other things isn't mutually exclusive.

Secondly, as I told another clown in this thread, if I own a 1.3MM condo in Brooklyn and an $800K house in LI, you think I can't drive an X7?

The only clowns who advance this line of reasoning are those who indulge in this fraud themselves or have close family/friends who do.

Old 01-15-2023, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Exactly .

People get so wrapped up in stuff they can’t control and they become obsessed with it .

Their time would be far better spent learning to play the cards we are dealt , then complaining about the dealer or what someone else is doing that they can’t control
You spend far,far more time in this board than myself. What draws you to the conclusion that I'm "obsessed" with it. You have an interesting way of framing things. If Mathjak isn't interested in a topic, it shouldn't be discussed. If it is discussed, that means the poster is "obsessed" with it.

Are you "obsessed" with whatever you post on this board?

Old 01-15-2023, 04:10 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
I don’t know if they changed things but it used to be that once you qualified for low income housing that there was no income cap … the caps were before you were in .

I believe you pay a percentage of that higher income which will put you at market rents in nice buildings if your income gets too high so why be there .

I would never want to raise my family in a city project . I grew up in one , that was enough .

I think if your income changes by more than 10% you have to notify them .

If you get caught not notifying them they can evict you for failure to report it
Yep. The rationale was that they wanted to diversify the projects and the benefits of having people of different socioeconomic backgrounds within an area (as opposed to only have poor people and all of the problems that come with that), etc., and that those who had moved on up would serve as examples and role models. I don't know if that's the same case now, but I recall there being an a newspaper article on the subject some years ago about how controversial the practice was. Not everyone in the projects was against this outcome, though.

Some may ask why one would still continue to live in the projects once one can afford to comfortably move out of the projects. I'd wager that the answer differs for many among those who choose to remain, but I wouldn't be shocked if the cost of living plays a huge role. In addition, many have friends and family in the area that they don't want to leave. Then there's the fact that not all projects are created equal, and some of them aren't actually terrible.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 01-15-2023 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 01-15-2023, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Reminds me that I just read something interesting.

t was explained that it is almost impossible to get car loans for low-end cars. The article mentioned someone with limited income who was obliged to opt for a more expensive car than he wanted in order to get a loan. Might be something like that. Also, your guy might have been borrowing the car. Okay, it makes a funny story, but since you're politicizing this, let's' keep alternatives in mind.
Do you actually believe any of the above? The mental gymnastics people go through to excuse welfare fraud.

Just goes to show how many people are wrapped up in welfare or know someone who is in NYC.

Old 01-15-2023, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
You spend far,far more time in this board than myself. What draws you to the conclusion that I'm "obsessed" with it. You have an interesting way of framing things. If Mathjak isn't interested in a topic, it shouldn't be discussed. If it is discussed, that means the poster is "obsessed" with it.

Are you "obsessed" with whatever you post on this board?
I like the various topics on the forum …but I don’t give a rats butt about what I can’t control …I spend lots of time on forums learning and passing on what I learn from those a lot smarter then me , especially in the investing and the personal finance forums , where instead of complaining we learn how to navigate the issues and do better ourselves .

Old 01-16-2023, 07:00 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,239,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Do you NOT understand that we fund posh lifestyles from our taxes? Funny, I've NEVER seen one complaint by you on your soapbox about this.
Your taxes, idiot, are funding politicians private jets, and the champagne they sip on while up in the air, and a plethora of other sh**. him using a EBT card is not a good reason for your raging bias against social service programs and those on them. Your hatred should be directed somewhere else, not the man who is putting food on his table. How does the OP even know that the BMW is his car? how do we know the card was his? So what if he's using it. You're acting as if you dipped in your wallet and cashapped him the money, which you did not do. for the 3rd time. this thread is moot, and loser. moron.
I've specifically complained many times on here about politicians on BOTH SIDES wasting our tax money and have even mentioned the private jets.And if I see someone using welfare who clearly doesn't need it I'll complain about that too.

Old 01-16-2023, 07:02 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,239,187 times
Quote:
my bmws have been the most reliable cars i have owned .

but i have no interest in keeping them more then 50k or so .
Even cars 50 years ago could last 50k miles. The poster you were responding to even specifically mentioned BMWs being a problem after 60k or so miles.

Old 01-16-2023, 07:21 AM

Maybe in his case ..

I have kept mine close to 50k with no issues as well as many of my buddies still have theirs way over 60k with no issues .

On the other hand I would never buy another Jeep or Volvo.

I will likely go to another bmw at some point this year, likely an x5

Old 01-20-2023, 07:22 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:
Maybe in his case ..

I have kept mine close to 50k with no issues as well as many of my buddies still have theirs way over 60k with no issues .

On the other hand I would never buy another Jeep or Volvo.

I will likely go to another bmw at some point this year, likely an x5

Please don't ...... most BMW owners
agree that 80,000 miles to 120,000 is the lifespan.

I swore by Dodge for years. American made, close to home repair shop, cheap servicing.....and finally poor outcome.
Never again.

There are better bangs for the buck .......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City