Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 06:15 AM

106,590 posts, read 108,739,314 times

Advertisements

A penal law

Does that mean it stands up in court ?

Can you have a hung jury ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 08:17 AM

20,025 posts, read 20,831,761 times
Don’t knock it til ya try it!
Public assistance is the best job in the country!

Old 01-10-2023, 09:02 AM

317 posts, read 311,531 times
Didn't all NYC public school families receive EBT cards for their children last year, regardless of income?

Old 01-10-2023, 09:05 AM

11,410 posts, read 5,967,061 times
Fraud isn't new. The government misallocates insane amounts of money and fraud is rampant in every single government program.

There are ways the rich with no income can game the system as well. Then you have off-books drug dealers, although I would not expect one to resort to filing for welfare.

You would hope karma would bite these people in the butt, but I expect not. I am sure the enjoy great gains from their fraudulent and criminal activity with impunity.

Honest taxpayers hurt most...

Old 01-10-2023, 09:09 AM

11,410 posts, read 5,967,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I mean, some rip off government with fake wars and military contracts and some with Ebt cards. This is America son, that’s how we do.
You are just mad you can’t afford an X7
I love your comments.

Averge people used to have some semblance of conscience that motivated somewhat moral behavior. No more. Now there is a huge segment that feels anything goes, as long as you don't get caught.

I miss the days when the mass of American's were moral. Believe it or not, there used to be a day a long, long time ago when people were actually ashamed to take charity or hand-outs and would do anything to avoid that feeling of having to be helped and being incapable of supporting themselves. Today, people just feel like they hit the Lotto when they get money for free, lawfully or unlawfully.

And then many people can't see what I mean when I say America is no longer a moral nation.

Apologies if you just did a poor job of conveying sarcasm, but even if so, there are so many millions who believe what you wrote, my comment still stands.

Old 01-10-2023, 11:28 AM

5,208 posts, read 4,667,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlex View Post
Didn't all NYC public school families receive EBT cards for their children last year, regardless of income?
I already said the same but this comment will be ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:11 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,258,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I already said the same but this comment will be ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative.
That’s because you’re wrong. Students who were eligible for free lunches were also eligible for P-EBT.
If someone is defrauding welfare, they’re also eligible for P-EBT.

Someone whose parents are driving around in an X7, would not be eligible for P-EBT unless they are defrauding welfare before the initiation of P-EBT.

The problem with NYC and people like you is that since upwards of 50% of NYC’ers are on some type of welfare you assume everyone is on welfare.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:13 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,005,957 times
Making assumptions and worrying about EBT fraud (allegedly) when we should be more shocked about PPP fraud and worse.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Making assumptions and worrying about EBT fraud (allegedly) when we should be more shocked about PPP fraud and worse.
Ah yes, the "there is worse out there, so what's the big deal" defense. Not sure why this can't be used as a legal defense. "Judge, I only killed one person. Think about all of the serial killers out there!"

Another sign of a degraded society.

If you also believe that these people are only defrauding EBT, I have a bridge to sell you. Nobody defrauds welfare just for the EBT. EBT is just one part of the package.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I love your comments.

Averge people used to have some semblance of conscience that motivated somewhat moral behavior. No more. Now there is a huge segment that feels anything goes, as long as you don't get caught.

I miss the days when the mass of American's were moral. Believe it or not, there used to be a day a long, long time ago when people were actually ashamed to take charity or hand-outs and would do anything to avoid that feeling of having to be helped and being incapable of supporting themselves. Today, people just feel like they hit the Lotto when they get money for free, lawfully or unlawfully.

And then many people can't see what I mean when I say America is no longer a moral nation.

Apologies if you just did a poor job of conveying sarcasm, but even if so, there are so many millions who believe what you wrote, my comment still stands.
Nailed it and NYC politicians have fostered this environment. They want an electorate that is also just as dirty as them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City